Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thatrugbyguy View Post
    Exactly how far have you read into this thread?

after reading his first post i didn't want to read all 30+ pages.Because I have seen this sht countless times now, it isn't fun anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Necroyunus View Post
      after reading his first post i didn't want to read all 30+ pages.Because I have seen this sht countless times now, it isn't fun anymore.
      It's fun, read the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Necroyunus View Post
        If you don't want to read 30+ pages, then just read the last page. It'll ruin the surprise but you'll see why this thread was fun.

Comment

kungfu-alex reminds me of that troll HungKungFu. Spouting the same type of bullshit....

Comment

Funny you should mention that. Before the big reveal, I was trying to find a pic or video of Hung to post, I was unsuccessful though. The bullshido or google search wasn't able to pick up any results.

Comment

He posted some pics of himself and his book on praying mantis in antimma.com. Good for a laugh.

Comment

I laughed continuously the last ten pages. Masterful.

We mustn't forget to put this thread in the finals for Best Thread Of 2010. Too bad we'll forget by then.

Brilliant. I assume the KO from the triangle was faked too, then?
                What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Comment

it took me about 3 months of BJJ to grasp it. after six months i was doing escapes that were impressing my instructors.

it took me about 2 months to get the jist of basic throws in judo

it took me about a year to get a solid understanding of striking through TKD.

all my training partners showed about the same time frame with 6 months to a year of work to be competition ready at the beginner levels. i don't know where this 5+ years idea came from, but to many people buy it hook line and sinker

Comment

Originally posted by 1point2 View Post
                    I laughed continuously the last ten pages. Masterful.

We mustn't forget to put this thread in the finals for Best Thread Of 2010. Too bad we'll forget by then.

Brilliant. I assume the KO from the triangle was faked too, then?
                    I'd argue that because the reveal etc was finished before New Year's that this thread should be in the draw for Best Thread 2009 :)

Of course. Although I'm so used to doing them for real that Gary had to ask me to loosen it up a bit the first few takes.

Comment

Originally posted by White Kimbo View Post
                      it took me about 3 months of BJJ to grasp it. after six months i was doing escapes that were impressing my instructors.

it took me about 2 months to get the jist of basic throws in judo

it took me about a year to get a solid understanding of striking through TKD.

all my training partners showed about the same time frame with 6 months to a year of work to be competition ready at the beginner levels. i don't know where this 5+ years idea came from, but to many people buy it hook line and sinker
                      no offense but i think you are overrating your skills.
                      ofcourse you can learn a technique in some months.
                      the thing is to engraining them into your reflexes, to execute the throw in any variation, quickly switch without hesitating etc.
                      that takes time.

advanced techniques are basic techniques repeated time after time after time.

Comment

Hey, I've been doing Judo for over two years and I still can't do any throws. Sometimes people start falling over and I help them on their way, but usually I'm just as confused about what happened as they are.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X