Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ vs Wing Chun (with video) - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Culled.

The old thread was two years old. Now, people can get to the meat of the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Eyes View Post
      Nice contribution to make if match wasn't a lie. The match is just as much of a lie as the cake.
      Yeah, oh well. I added this when I got to Kintanon's post, way before I got to the end.

Damn good troll job.

Comment

Sorry If I offended any real kung-fu guys, it was the best option to go with because I could reply to Mark's old thread. We had many laughs putting this together over xmas and I hope someone got a lol over it. I'm a long time lurker btw (since 2003 I think), love this forum!

@Lebel

Ik heb in 2007 een blauwe band van marcos flexa gekregen (bb onder carslon) Heb op meerder Amsterdamse sportscholen getraind waaronder Kops, de laatste jaren ben ik vooral met mma bezig op Mikes gym

Comment

Originally posted by Christmoose View Post
          I've held off from weighing in until now because I wanted a couple of days to think about this. To be honest i wasn't very happy with my performance at all - my standup was terrible and while its not obvious from the vid alex actually caught me with one of those groin kicks... it hurt. And my shot was terrible like a few of you said, i was actually surprised by how well he avoided it.

But the main thing is the eye gouging. You guys are all writing it off like it didn't matter but you know what i could feel his fingers over my eyes 5 or 6 times... and while i wouldnt feel comfortable employing that technique against someone else i think its fairly obvious that alex would be more than happy to use it against me. I think that sparring like this has made it obvious there's an inherent flaw in BJJ strategy, ok maybe alex would be choked out but he could have blinded me - you can talk about yuki nakai but to be honst thats not worth it for me. I want to study a system where i can win the fight without being blinded. I'm a british and irish champion in BJJ and i only won this fight out of luck because alex dived into my guard!

So as a result i have spoken to alex and decided to begin training in the variant of wing chun he studies. I'm going to keep up my BJJ because i enjoy it and i feel its an important part of a fight, but its not enough. What happens if i run into someone like alex on the street?

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but you guys can argue with me when youv'e participated in the same kind of challenge and experienced it for yourselves.

i wondered when i watched the video why you telegraphed the kick and allowed it to be caught so easily now i realise it was all a ploy to make the kung fu guy look better. also wondered why when he first started to finger your eyes why you didnt take control of his arms straight away as you would do to defend against this or a rape choke. he had never taken you down if you were actually striking him as opposed to going semi contact.

edited to say.... bollocks ive just read the last post ive been had. thats got to be the most elaborate troll ever.

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu-alex View Post

@Lebel

Ik heb in 2007 een blauwe band van marcos flexa gekregen (bb onder carslon) Heb op meerder Amsterdamse sportscholen getraind waaronder Kops, de laatste jaren ben ik vooral met mma bezig op Mikes gym

ik zit nu in hiatus, onderrug blessure, maar toen ik bjj trainde was het bij rickson gjj holland.
            ik heb weleens wat mensen van die carlson school ontmoet.
            waar zit mikes gym ergens?

Comment

Sorry If I offended any real kung-fu guys, it was the best option to go with because I could reply to Mark's old thread. We had many laughs putting this together over xmas and I hope someone got a lol over it. I'm a long time lurker btw (since 2003 I think), love this forum
              Yeah, you went from;
              making me raise an eyebrow, to calling you bs, to giving you props, to taking back my props, to calling you a dumb ass, to now feeling you're alright man.

I hate you. Push ups.

Comment

Sorry If I offended any real kung-fu guys, it was the best option to go with because I could reply to Mark's old thread. We had many laughs putting this together over xmas and I hope someone got a lol over it. I'm a long time lurker btw (since 2003 I think), love this forum!
                You have gravely offended my honor as a kung fu warrior. I must consult with sifu in how to deal properly with this underhanded attack on the sanctity of the chinese martial arts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebell View Post
                  ik zit nu in hiatus, onderrug blessure, maar toen ik bjj trainde was het bij rickson gjj holland.
                  ik heb weleens wat mensen van die carlson school ontmoet.
                  waar zit mikes gym ergens?
                  Mike's gym zit in Amsterdam noord, nu momenteel afgebrand door de city-box brand van laatst, maar als het goed is krijgen we volgende maand een nieuwe sportschool :) Het is voornamelijk een kickboxschool, maar er zitten ook uitstekende grapplers en mma'ers tussen. Bekendste vechters zijn Badr hari en manhoef (k1). Waar zit rickson gjj? Is dat met hardonk?

Comment

I don't really know what this picture means. I has been entertained

Comment

Bastids!

Comment

you win the 2009 troll competitions

Comment

Lurking ard this thread for a while.......

@Lebel

LoL, that's one of the best trolling and internet practical joke I've ever seen.:toothy10:
                          Also explains why the sprawling is so smooth and good(though too smooth that rouses suspect that it is a 'work' as someone had said). That online translator so I can more or less understand the posts even if I am not a Dutch(again, no wonder the sprawl and non-Wingchun looking......).
                          "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
                          - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

Originally posted by liuzg150181 View Post
                            Lurking ard this thread for a while.......

LoL, that's one of the best trolling and internet practical joke I've ever seen.:toothy10:
                            Also explains why the sprawling is so smooth and good(though too smooth that rouses suspect that it is a 'work' as someone had said). That online translator so I can more or less understand the posts even if I am not a Dutch(again, no wonder the sprawl and non-Wingchun looking......).
                            Top 5 on bullshido. No, not number one. There are definitely two here that were better. Still a good job.

Comment

That was a good troll. Would have been better only if Lebell had been lured in and then KFA totally killed him in the follow-up gong sau!

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                                Top 5 on bullshido. No, not number one. There are definitely two here that were better. Still a good job.
                                Care to show me which are the other two?:eusa_droo
                                "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
                                - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X