No announcement yet.

Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand: you were choked out yet you think that is how Kung Fu should be used?

Wait, hold on, I think I've heard of this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_asphyxiation

All right, now I understand. Well if that's what you're into then fair enough I guess, but that doesn't mean all Kung Fu people should do it too.

Comment

He was able to control your outstreched arms. If you actually started gouging, he could easily break your finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefron View Post
        He was able to control your outstreched arms. If you actually started gouging, he could easily break your finger.

Originally posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
        lol fail.. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, didn'ta! The reason you got triangled was because you were trying to eye gouge lol, what do you think would've happened if you tore into his eye? You'd still be choked out with one angry half-blind Irishman standing over you. If it was a street altercation guess which one of you would be facing serious charges? Think about it from an overall perspective chief.

1. You're eye gouge attempts put you in danger.
        2. You failed to stop the triangle from putting you unconscious.
        3. If you did tear his eye you'd in up in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison (if they have those there).

Just man up and admit that holy hell stopping grappling REQUIRES YOU TO LEARN TO GRAPPLE, my 3y3 gouges without any support system of a grappling based MA aren't effective.
        KFAlex, you poor deluded fool.
        Since you love discussing whatifs on YOUR END, please, feel free to return to dasmoose for a "LIVE action replay" if he is willing, to demonstrate what the other possibilities that could have happened on HIS END.

That shit works both ways. Attacks leave one open to counter-attacks. Guess you didn't learn that lesson in those street fights of yours.

Hopefully, this time, a little light would go off in your head on the return-on-investment (ROI) of eye gouges when in similar situations. :5bullwhip

SUMMARY: LERN2HUMBLEPIE

Comment

this thread delivers.

also remember, in a totally no rules context, something like a triangle can be used to kill someone. even if your eyes have both been injured, you can still keep it locked until they're dead.

i don't know why, but people seem to forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
            I don't understand: you were choked out yet you think that is how Kung Fu should be used?

Wait, hold on, I think I've heard of this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_asphyxiation

All right, now I understand. Well if that's what you're into then fair enough I guess, but that doesn't mean all Kung Fu people should do it too.
            Hey man if David Carradine did it, that has to be real kung fu.

Comment

You are wrong. if you managed to get your finger in his eye, he would have just finished the triangle faster with his fingers in your eyes... with more leverage since he had your head isolated and controlled while is head was completely mobile and you ould barely reach it. Not too mention the fact that he could have just continued to hold onto the triangle for a couple minutes after you were out to fucking kill you, or leave you brain damaged from oxygen deprivation. He does not need eyes to do this.

Your training is shit and it's turned you into a moron. You've showed that you have balls to fight; how about showing that you have real balls by admitting you were wrong and that you need better training, or at the very least cross-training in a grappling style.

You know every blue belt out there would choke you out just the same, and you could be a blue belt in a year or so... yet you refuse to acknowledge the fact that this training is hugely important to your development as a fighter. it's utterly ridiculous.

perhaps he should have hired a crackhead to rape you while you were unconscious to get the point across.

:eng101:
              Last edited by M-Tri; 12/30/2009 8:57am, .
              FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Comment

Originally posted by M-Tri View Post

You know every blue belt out there would choke you out just the same, and you could be a blue belt in a year or so... yet you refuse to acknowledge the fact that this training is hugely important to your development as a fighter. it's utterly ridiculous.
                This. If this was a real fight, you would be dead, killed by a technique that can be practiced safely countless times on resisting opponents, unlike your eye gouges etc.

The thing is, you can also learn to fight like that. I don't know why do you feel this misplaced "loyalty" to your art, when you can start getting effective training today.
                Last edited by Nefron; 12/30/2009 9:18am, .

Comment

even if you did manage to gouge his eye out it wouldnt have ended the fight. can anybody remember a japanese shooto fighter called yuki nakai who had his eye gouged and was blinded in a fight against gerard gordaeu in his first match in the 1995 vale tudo comp in japan? he won that match via heel hook and won 2 more to make it to the final against rickson gracie where he lost.

he is still blind in that eye today but he could have destoryed gordaeu's knee and ankle ligaments if he wanted to which would have allowed him to do whatever the fuck he wanted to punish gordeau if it had been a street fight.

eye gouges/ groin grabs and other illegal techniques are seriously over rated.

Comment

Well, I doubt KFAlex will change his mind, but hopefully this will plant the seed that the best way a dealing with grappling is to cross train in grappling yourself.

I have to say, this is the easiest and quickest set up Gong Sau match up I've ever seen on here.

Comment

I knew this was coming.

You got owned because you and your training sucks

Moose did you no favors going easy on you (which he did, both grappling and striking)

And I am kind of pissed at him for being a nicer guy than you deserved.

You only knocked him down because he wasn't throwing strikes with any intention to damage which was a big mistake IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Goju - Joe View Post
                        I knew this was coming.

You got owned because you and your training sucks

Moose did you no favors going easy on you (which he did, both grappling and striking)

And I am kind of pissed at him for being a nicer guy than you deserved.

You only knocked him down because he wasn't throwing strikes with any intention to damage which was a big mistake IMO.

wow, you are all so blind. I could have exploded his balls three times with those kicks, and you say he he was going easy on me?? i chose after the sprawl to eye gauge him, or atleast to simulate it, i could have had them out long before the triangle set in.

anyone who wants to fight me can come to hollan, i live in weesp its 10 min from amsterdam. you choose, either we fight in the forrest, fields or an urban setting. real warriors fight on the battlefield anyway.

alex

Comment

Originally posted by adskibullus View Post
                          even if you did manage to gouge his eye out it wouldnt have ended the fight. can anybody remember a japanese shooto fighter called yuki nakai who had his eye gouged and was blinded in a fight against gerard gordaeu in his first match in the 1995 vale tudo comp in japan? he won that match via heel hook and won 2 more to make it to the final against rickson gracie where he lost.

he is still blind in that eye today but he could have destoryed gordaeu's knee and ankle ligaments if he wanted to which would have allowed him to do whatever the fuck he wanted to punish gordeau if it had been a street fight.

eye gouges/ groin grabs and other illegal techniques are seriously over rated.
                          this has been a fun thread to follow, and I was happy lurking, but I have to chime in now. I can tell you from experience that an eye-gouge will not automatically win a fight for you or your opponent. I have been gouged, kicked in the groin and fish-hooked and it did NOT end well for the opponent. These were not challenge mathches or sparring sesseions..these were expulsions-turned- fights when i worked as door security many years ago.

My advice to all tma ppl is this: do not assume that your techniques work based on theory and half-speed compliant drills..they must be pressure tested to be proven.

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu-alex View Post
                            wow, you are all so blind. I could have exploded his balls three times with those kicks, and you say he he was going easy on me?? i chose after the sprawl to eye gauge him, or atleast to simulate it, i could have had them out long before the triangle set in.

anyone who wants to fight me can come to hollan, i live in weesp its 10 min from amsterdam. you choose, either we fight in the forrest, fields or an urban setting. real warriors fight on the battlefield anyway.

alex
                            You deserve to be Lebelled

Comment

alex
                              Lebell. Go.
                              The fool thinks himself immortal,
                              If he hold back from battle;
                              But old age will grant him no truce,
                              Even if spears spare him.

Comment

alex
                                I'm content to just laugh at the unconscious retard.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X