No announcement yet.

Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Props to Alex for showing! I think he did say he did chun, although I think it looked like lau gar ish, but he did say he trained in a number of styles. I would've liked to see what his hands were like, but give respect to moose for the choke.

Maybe if he worked a bit more striking and less gouging.

Comment

Wow. Alex, you showed up. If you can let go of the "If eye gouges were allowed...." BS I give you big respect. Moose, lovely triangle. I could see how you were careful not to do damage and not to hold the choke too long. Nice job. Keen to hear from Alex's viewpoint.

Comment

I am cranky so here goes

Fuck the big props.

Seriously it was a light contact sparring match.

The only reason Mooses striking and takedowns look kind of shitty was he was clearly trying to take this idiot down and choke him out with out hurting him in anyway. If he had smashed him in the nose and shot in on him the fight wouldn't have lasted 15 seconds.

I have sparred harder than this with 16 year old kids.

When I first joined Bullshido I was greatly disturbed about my training, I joined an MMA Gym in a trial membership to see what the fuss was and sparred harder than this. I don't deserve any props or credit because that's normal non delusional non douchbags do.

KungFu-Alex you lost because

A) You suck

B) You jumped into his guard and then tried to go for his eyes, it's on the video you reach for his head.

So F You for saying you were going 40%, by going for his face you had shitty posture and exposed your arms which led to the triangle

Your deadly eye gouge training NOT ONLY DIDN'T WORK it MADE YOU FIGHT WORSE!

By the way if you were going 40% so was Moose. If he went 60% he would have punched you between the eyes slammed you to the mat and broken your arm.

You want props?

Stop training like a delusional nerd and train properly for a year - where you do this type of sparring on a weekly basis.

Have a happy New Year

Comment

Originally posted by Big Baby Jesus View Post
          I honestly thought he was bullshitting about showing up.

I don't believe he's had 100 fights, let alone won that many. I don't think he has the deadly either.

I was just pointing out he was still completely full of shit and got choked for it .

Originally posted by Goju - Joe
          BIG OLD MEAN REALITY

Comment

When I first joined Bullshido I was greatly disturbed about my training, I joined an MMA Gym in a trial membership to see what the fuss was and sparred harder than this.
            Yea. My first hard sparring session I did at my mma school....mmmmmm..... I still have scars from that one. Mental and physical. LOL.

It's important to show him at least the respect for showing up. It shouldn't have to be that way. Everyone should show up to every challenge they make, but we know it's not that way and if we all just start hurling insults at the guy ( yes, for 4 years training he is crap ) without at least acknowledging that he went to moose, you will likely see even less people showing up to these sort of things.
            He will also be less likely to listen to any crits posted here. IMO.
            I dunno, I guess I have too much christmas spirit this year or something. If he sticks to his eye gouge story then I take back this post.

Comment

Originally posted by beardedtaco View Post
              I dunno, I guess I have too much christmas spirit this year or something. If he sticks to his eye gouge story then I take back this post.
              He surrendered his advantage after countering the roundhouse kick with a good gut punch by going to the ground for an eye gouge.

:wtfgif9fr

That's as smart as chasing a tiger into the forest (territorial advantage) after successfully chasing it away from the village grounds. *facepalm*

Comment

He surrendered his advantage after countering the roundhouse kick with a good gut punch by going to the ground for an eye gouge.
                Well it shows very clearly that when you train mainly "dirty" moves, like eye gouges, you neglect a lot of the other stuff that really matters.

Comment

wow i feel like im at a alcoholics anonymous or other therapy session type thing.. i never knew so many people started in other "the deadly" TMA's ...

hi im adam , 28 and used to practise the deadly TKD. i was convinced that TKD was a deadly military with killer anti grappling skillz where i could squish any attackers balls or gouge there eyes untill the exploded to stop any attack. until i tried and was choked out by one of my judo mates. im glad to say i left the deadly tkd and all its too dangerous to practise on real people ninja shit and turned to judo.

thanks for saving me judo/ bullshido... i love you guys... weep, sob, weep

Comment

Comment

lol fail.. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, didn'ta! The reason you got triangled was because you were trying to eye gouge lol, what do you think would've happened if you tore into his eye? You'd still be choked out with one angry half-blind Irishman standing over you. If it was a street altercation guess which one of you would be facing serious charges? Think about it from an overall perspective chief.

1. You're eye gouge attempts put you in danger.
                      2. You failed to stop the triangle from putting you unconscious.
                      3. If you did tear his eye you'd in up in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison (if they have those there).

Just man up and admit that holy hell stopping grappling REQUIRES YOU TO LEARN TO GRAPPLE, my 3y3 gouges without any support system of a grappling based MA aren't effective.
                      Last edited by DKJr; 12/30/2009 4:36am, .

Comment

so what youre saying is that an example of how kung fu can and should be used ends in a dumb schmuck lying UNCONSCIOUS on the ground? fuck youre an idiot bro.

Comment

I could have had my finger in the back of his eye socket multiple times, I really don''t think he would have finished the triangle then.
                          ..................... :pity:

Comment

If someone put their finger near my eye with bad intentions when I had them in a tight triangle, I would break your fucking finger.

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu-alex View Post
                              I could have had my finger in the back of his eye socket multiple times
                              To do that you would have needed to gain a dominant position, immobilise his head and then gouge with a good deal of force. You couldn't do either of the first two, so you were never in a position to do the third.

Please stop stroking your hardon over your non-existent deadly eye gouge, and start training honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu-alex View Post
                                yeah yeah. I know what everyones thinking, he got owned.
                                Yep. You did.

I know it was stupid to follow him to the ground, I just got carried away after I punched him down. TBH, I could have had my finger in the back of his eye socket multiple times, I really don''t think he would have finished the triangle then.
                                I remember seeing a fight where an eye gouge did interrupt a triangle attempt - when the referee finally saw it and broke up the match. Up to that point, the choke was ON.

Also: what the fuck were you thinking? I believe you guys agreed on two rules: no biting and no eye gouging. And you squandered your minuscule chances of winning to show that you could have used an illegal technique. Guess what, so could Mark.

If every instance of correctly using kung fu ends up with the kung fu guy choked unconscious and completely at the mercy of his opponent, I'll stick with BJJ, thank you.
                                There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X