No announcement yet.

Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I must say I did NOT expect the guy to show up at all, but alas it seems the excuses of "if I had done 'x' you would be 'x'" or some such arguments. Which is a damn shame because his shot defence was actually pretty good (it wasn't a TERRIBLE shot).

No fucking idea why he went into your guard though, I seriously have none, but it was clear he didn't have any idea on how to maintain good posture with any kind of submission defence. Typical noobie grapplers (I know because I did this when I first started) he was spazzing out, which means you get tired and usually get subbed.

Nice choke btw, <3 triangle chokes.

Comment

Props to both of you. I was expecting that pink gi, thought.

Comment

Wow, I stand corrected. Props to you for showing up, that is very commendable. Still, I don't buy the "I could have blinded you" argument. You put your hand on his face, and he turned away and made space to protect himself. Also as kinaton said, closing your eyes will probably protect it from probing and you still would be choked out.

Dirty tricks are great and all, but you need to have more a foundation in both striking and grappling otherwise you can find yourself in a bad spot.

Comment

I too am surprised that this went down. I am happy that another delusional MAist has received an important lesson, I just hope it sinks in....

Anyways, props to KFA and Christmoose for making this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Christmoose View Post
            I honestly didn't expect this but he actually turned up!

YouTube- BJJ vs Kung fu (mark vs alex)

For what its worth i was impressed with his defence of my shot (even though it wasnt a very good one) and the way he caught my kick and hit me with a shot to the solar plexus - that hurt! However i think given how bad my standup is its pretty telling that aside from the ridiculously telegraphed body kick catch he couldnt really do anything.
            Wow, that went quite a bit differntly from your last match with werewolf. Props to both of you and He seems to have some skill as well. It's refreshing to see someone with a differing viewpoint actually step up and put his belief on the line.

His shot defense looked to be pretty well timed and that kick catch/hit combo looked smooth enough to have been repped a few tiems to me. It also looked like you could have arm barred him but chose to switch for his safety, I think that's commendable.

The one thing I noticed in your other video is you seem to like to shoot and you do your penetration step and everything but you usually start from a little too far out. Also you seem to like shooting in getting under them then standing up and elevating. I've seen this approach alot in pancrase adn BJJ players. From my perspective he dindt really sprawl or stuff your shot so much as he backed away fast enough you lsot your grip so your couldnt anchor adn stand up.

Have you considered taking a more wrestlers style approach in which the penetration step sends you in and you continue your momentum driving through them. When people try to back up you can usually drive faster than they can backpedal and this might help you in finishing against ppl that are quick to back out.

Comment

Well then, I am pleasently surprised. I believe a tag should be made for him seeing as how he actually showed up as opposed to disappearing altogether.Props to you Alex.

The eye gouge defense I believe wouldn't have worked. Mark was manuvering his head and even used his hands to defend from such a tactic as he was sinking the choke in.

Also, congrats on avoiding the takedowns and catching the kick and following it with a punch to the solar plexus.

I do hope you will be as willing to compete and take these challenge matches more often. It will only prove as a learning experience to both you and Mark.

Now, props to Mark as well. You handled the situation quite nicely. Thank you for the video and taking up the challenge as well.

Comment

I be FLABERGASTED!!!

Comment

Good on him for showing up thats better than 90% of the smack talkers on here. The issue with the eye gouging is thats what opened him up for the triangle in the first place. The best eye gouges would be from mount or side control. His striking looked stiff I'd question how much live sparring he does.

Comment

Not really. You guys are used to fight duckers and dicktuckers.

If we actually went through all of the threads, you'd find a surprising amount that do show up.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                      Not really. You guys are used to fight duckers and dicktuckers.

If we actually went through all of the threads, you'd find a surprising amount that do show up.
                      Disillusioned we are.

Comment

I'm only really aware of 3 other CMA practitioners who took up the challenge. Those being DTT (as arguable as that is), Abel, and the one Mark had fought previously.

I don't really count the Osiris/Omar thing seeing as how that just ended in a debacle. If I'm under the right assumption, it was the challenger's friend who had attacked Osiris, who was just there as back up for the Bullshido member who was actually supposed to take part in the challenge match?
                        Last edited by Demon Eyes; 12/28/2009 6:46pm, .

Comment

I too am pleasantly surprised that Kung-Fu Alex showed up.

I am also surprised that he actually managed to defend against a shot and land a punch.

I am triply surprised that this happened without this thread being spun off onto another thread with seventy-five extra pages of chest-beating added to it.

I am not at all surprised that KFA spent most of his online time arguing about gouges and biting instead of, say, stomping on someone while he is on his back. Nor am I surprised that he jumped into Christmoose's guard. Nor am I surprised at his awful striking and his not-at-all-comfortable posture and position while standing.

Good for everyone. I call this a Christmas Miracle!

Comment

Grond showed up as a chunner.
                            Killing Moon showed up.
                            Wingchux2z after getting much shit showed up.
                            Bang(?) a Tai Chi practitioner net up with a BJJer.

Yes, there are many shit talkers don't get me wrong. If you want semantics I'll go into it.
                            Last edited by It is Fake; 12/28/2009 7:11pm, .

Comment

Really? Are there videos to view? Also, good on Wingchunx2z. Better late then never to give props.

Comment

I'm trying to find them as we speak. Also, I include Omar because he showed up. He was conflicted about fighting a girl, which is stupid in this case, and didn't fight. Omar did push Kat and she chose not to whoop his ass because, she said it was half-hearted.

Yes, I believe her and the video does confirm that notion.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X