Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kungfu-alex View Post
    I can only lose, even if I win. I mean, if I win I've only beaten a blue belt, thats like on of the lowest ranks in BJJ. Its a tough decision for me, either fight to 40% of my ability and meaby get beaten, if I could go 100% I would, but since theres no eye gauging or biting then I am still limited. I focus on those techniques alot in my training so it would just be stupid not to be able to use them.

Hold on:

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post

Remember he does kung fu so, the education you think will occur won't.:ohyea7qh:

I warned you guys. He is to far gone and has his defense already made.

If you need the quotes let me know. He has used the escalation defense and it didn't work. Now, he is using the "my techniques are hampered/disallowed" defense.

Comment

If you need the quotes let me know. He has used the escalation defense and it didn't work. Now, he is using the "my techniques are hampered/disallowed" defense.
      I don't think there's any need to go digging. His MO fits the standard so gaddamned accurately that he almost certainly is a troll who's seen these things go down before and wants to have a go.

Can you tell me if he has a Northern Irish IP? I think geolocation will only tell you if he's in the UK, but you might be able to do a reverse lookup to get his service provider, which could narrow things down.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackFox View Post
        I don't think there's any need to go digging. His MO fits the standard so gaddamned accurately that he almost certainly is a troll who's seen these things go down before and wants to have a go.

Can you tell me if he has a Northern Irish IP? I think geolocation will only tell you if he's in the UK, but you might be able to do a reverse lookup to get his service provider, which could narrow things down.
        Yes, I'm thinking he is a troll except, he has to go to an established event. The better trolls get you to show up somewhere or create an event for them.

Comment

Initially reading that sounded like he was implying that ALL the other 60% of his wc skills were "eye gougings & bitings".... which threw me off.
          Since English is my 3rd language, I had to re-read it.

Unless.... oh wait, was he actually implying that ?

Comment

Yes, I'm thinking he is a troll except, he has to go to an established event. The better trolls get you to show up somewhere or create an event for them.
            I didn't say he was a good troll.

Come on be a pal, is he in NI?

Comment

Going by his posting I didn't think he was a troll just delusional. I just checked and He is where he should be to attend the TD.

That is as in depth as I will go.

Comment

That is as in depth as I will go.
                Cool, I'm not looking to track the guy down or anything, I just wanted to know if his story holds up.

I think it's interesting how pro-BJJ he was in his ganja-ninja guise, and that this cheer-leading was apparently due to simple watching a documentary and getting carried away. If I was to put on my armchair profiler hat, I'd say he's a combination of true-believer and drama whore. He'll probably be preaching the awesomeness of SAMBO or Silat pretty soon.

Comment

I honestly didn't expect this but he actually turned up! On time and everything. We had a reasonably civil chat before hand - alex reiterated his belief that "deadly" techniques were improtant to his style and i said that i didnt really agree with that - and tried to give him the usual SBG explanation about delivery systems and so on but he didn't really seem to be buying it.

However he still stepped up and got on the mats. Here's the video - sorry about my terrible standup and takedowns lol

Ok embedding doesn't seem to be working -

YouTube- BJJ vs Kung fu (mark vs alex)

Afterwards alex stated several times that eyegouging being allowed would have made a big difference and you can see in the video he had his hands on my face - afterwards he said he was showing me how easily he could have "Blinded" me but didn't want to. I disagreed with him and he left pretty soon after... so I don't think his mind's really been changed. But you know what he had the balls to step up which is more than i can say for the hundreds of other guys who think the same as he does.

For what its worth i was impressed with his defence of my shot (even though it wasnt a very good one) and the way he caught my kick and hit me with a shot to the solar plexus - that hurt! However i think given how bad my standup is its pretty telling that aside from the ridiculously telegraphed body kick catch he couldnt really do anything.

Comment

Oh well props for him for showing up.

Looks like you made the right choice switching from the arm-bar to the choke, breaking his arm probably wouldn't have been too cool.

Comment

What style did he say he does by the way?

Looks like beginners kickboxing. He seems to know to keep his hands up, but doesn't look too comfortable doing that. He's verrrrry stiff, I doubt he actually has 3 years training.

Comment

Good on you moose for choking him unconscious.

However, both of you suck at striking, tremendously.

Comment

Everyone has an inflated idea of how easy it is to gouge someones eyes. If you close your eyes and squeeze them shut the muscles and bone around the socket do a decent job of protecting them unless your opponent has a lot of time to work unopposed. Just having your hands in position to scrabble on someones face without being able to immobilize their head isn't enough to gouge their eyes in an effective manner.
                          I handle eyegouge defense the same way I handle defense against the crossface, just keep my head truning back and forth while I work.

Also, props for choking him out to demonstrate the full effectiveness of the triangle choke.

Also note to Alex for when he comes back on here, Assume you had actually gouged one of Moose's eyes enough to damage it, do you really think that would have stopped him from sinking in the triangle choke? If not what do you think he would have done to you after you passed out?
                          sigpic

Comment

Huge props to the Kung Fu guy for showing up, and for the awesome movie style leg catch.

Nice triangle, I would not want to be on the recieving end.

Comment

I bet you could've finished that triangle blind as a seagull with no eyes.

Comment

Sort of funny how he took you down and then immediately charged into your guard

Props to him for showing up though, i was completely sure he was just trolling.
                                Last edited by illegalusername; 12/28/2009 5:03pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X