Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Originally posted by Christmoose View Post
    After seeing that a fellow bullshido member (uneasywerewolf) trained at the same university I do in the Wing Chun club, I got talking to him and asked him to meet up and spar; he readily agreed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZYQwNLAnAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FefVTpqVVI4

We also sparred kickboxing; will post those videos once they finish processing on youtube.
    I was surfing for kung fu related material and I came across this, I felt I had to reply. What you see here is not real kung fu, it is a young apprentice who has no knowledge of what 'real' kung fu is. The matter of the fact is is that the wrestling guy probably wouldn't have lasted more than a minute with a real kung fu practitioner. I mean, groin strikes, throat strikes, hair pulling, biting, eye gauging, all coming at you from the same time, and even if i get taken to the ground, my attacks can still continue relentlessly there as well. I see a frightening trend these days in martial arts, the tenancy to place much too much emphasis on groundfighting when the real challenges lie in fighting on your feet, close quarters, multiple attackers. What if you get one guy down, the other one will just kick you in the throat and then punch you in the spine, these techniques are not allowed in any of the so called fighting styles which rely on wrestling to win. How can you defend those techniques if you are not prepared for them?
    Just my two cents!

Greetings from a fellow martial artist,

Alex

I have sent the person hosting the youtube videos a message kindly asking them to take them down. It is an unfair representation of a very effective martial art. Its like me posting a video of me beating up a white belt in grappling and then posting it.

Comment

What you see here is not real kung fu,
      If I had a nickel...

Edit: Oh, wait. You're a troll.
      Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Well I just got this PM on youtube:

Originally posted by kungfualex on youtube
        Hi,
        Please take down the bjj vs WC videos, you have no right or authority to use the WC name like that, save yourself alot of crap and take it down asap please. I have been training wing chun for four years and tested it on the streets so it's obvious to me that this guy clearly hasnt been training wing chun longer than a month or two at most. As a fellow martial artist you must appreciate this.

Alex
        Ok Alex, holy moment said you're a troll and frankly i'm inclined to believe him. As a mod i have access to the mod forum and we have a bot that spots multiple logins. So i know you used to be ganja-ninja.

Explain to me how you went from ninjutsu and thinking you know bjj to training wing chun? And why are you trying to hide it?

Oh and assuming for the sake of argument that you're serious, why would i take down the videos? My opponent had around the same experience in WC as i did in BJJ at the time and he clearly is fighting like a WC guy - because guess what, WC doesn't prepare you to fight at all so he gets owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Christmoose View Post
          Well I just got this PM on youtube:

Ok Alex, holy moment said you're a troll and frankly i'm inclined to believe him. As a mod i have access to the mod forum and we have a bot that spots multiple logins. So i know you used to be ganja-ninja.

Explain to me how you went from ninjutsu and thinking you know bjj to training wing chun? And why are you trying to hide it?

Oh and assuming for the sake of argument that you're serious, why would i take down the videos? My opponent had around the same experience in WC as i did in BJJ at the time and he clearly is fighting like a WC guy - because guess what, WC doesn't prepare you to fight at all so he gets owned.
          Ganja-ninja is an old account from when I used to train and smoke, I dont want to be associated with either. I also used to train MT and some grappling defence stuff. I have been doing kung fu now for 4 years and its the best, most deadly art I have learned up till now.

I still think you should take them down, its just a complete distorted view on reality that you are presenting, if people do that on the street they would get 'owned' . If you ever fight no rules on the street with someone who really knows WT or kungfu, then film it and post it...

Greetings,

Alex

Comment

...yet you'd rather be associated with the chun?

You should film yourself against a bjj white belt. 'Beating them down' as you say.
            Fuck I hate kung fu nerds.

At least when I did the chun (four years too, fuckface) I didn't make excuses like "I'd gouge you if I could". If you can't take someone out with a punch, you can't take em out with a fingerstrike.

Also, two year necro wat?
            Originally posted by Judoka_UK
            Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu-alex View Post
                I have no clue as to what I am talking about, but your views have hurted my feelings and now I will cry about the deadly without considering how a they don't work without a proper delivery system.
                Here you go kung fu alex I have translated all your past and future posts so you don't have to post anymore.

Comment

teh real _ing _chun

YouTube- Wing Chun- Full Contact

Comment

_ING _HUN HAS GONE TO TEH HOLLYWOOD. IT MUST BE TEH D33DLY.

YouTube- Wing Chun Mainstream

Comment

I havn't had thousands of streetfights, but meaby over a hundred, and like you said, i never have my camera with me. I also didnt ask you to post yout streetfights, oh wait, thats because you've never fought on the street, only on the soft mats of a dojo. It was a low and unworthy thing to do btw, posting the prvt message i sent you on youtube. IT was from me to you, not to be shared with a horde of brainwashed fools who think all that fighting is is takedowns and ankle locks.
                      And I have had many challenge matches in the past before, against many different kind of martial arts, what would I prove by fighting another one? Like your opinion about WC really matters, one day you will find out the hard way my friend.

Comment

I havn't had thousands of streetfights, but meaby over a hundred, and like you said, i never have my camera with me. I also didnt ask you to post yout streetfights, oh wait, thats because you've never fought on the street, only on the soft mats of a dojo. It was a low and unworthy thing to do btw, posting the prvt message i sent you on youtube. IT was from me to you, not to be shared with a horde of brainwashed fools who think all that fighting is is takedowns and ankle locks.
                        And I have had many challenge matches in the past before, against many different kind of martial arts, what would I prove by fighting another one? Like your opinion about WC really matters, one day you will find out the hard way my friend.
                        Over one hundred street fights? That's an awful lot, where do you go exactly to have that many fights?

In your eyes, if the original video is an unfair representation of the Chun, feel free to post up a counter video.
                        Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Y'know, you weren't to doing badly until this post...

I havn't had thousands of streetfights, but meaby over a hundred,
                          ooookay, clearly you need to work on your de-escalation strategies and strategic thinking in general.
                          and like you said, i never have my camera with me. I also didnt ask you to post yout streetfights, oh wait, thats because you've never fought on the street,
                          How do you know...?
                          only on the soft mats of a dojo.
                          You only THINK you're making a point here.
                          It was a low and unworthy thing to do btw, posting the prvt message i sent you on youtube. IT was from me to you, not to be shared with a horde of brainwashed fools who think all that fighting is is takedowns and ankle locks.
                          Good grief... Hideous, HIDEOUS generalisation... Just what do you think you're going to accompish posting rubbish like this...? I mean, you KNOW that's rubbish, so why post it?
                          And I have had many challenge matches in the past before, against many different kind of martial arts,
                          Any chance of any sort of proof...?

No...?

Note my complete absense of shock...
                          what would I prove by fighting another one?
                          Oh oh oh, I know this one! That Wing Chun works and has something to offer. Above and beyond being proto-JKD.
                          Like your opinion about WC really matters,
                          Then why are you here...?
                          one day you will find out the hard way my friend.
                          In case you haven't been paying attention, all DasMoose has been doing is putting himself in the position to find out "The hard way" about Wing Chun.

Repeatedly, I might add... Don't you get it? Allow me to reiterate... This thread is all about Moose's efforts to glean some value and insight fom Wing Chun!

I encourage you to stay on this website so you may gain some valuable insights into Martial training yourself.
                          Last edited by JingMerchant!; 12/24/2009 5:40am, .
                          "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the shit out of you.
                          And when the shit's been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Comment

What's with the "no biting and eye gouging severely limits my style"? Is Kung Fu, or I guess I should say LARPing, really that incapable of adaptation that if you're mildly attacked by a harmless old drunk you have no choice but to bite his eyes out and tiger claw his scrotum?

Kung Fu has punches and kicks doesn't it? If you take away the dirty fighting are you left with inferior punches and kicks to, say, a Boxer's punches or a Nak Muay's kicks? If not, then why can't you compete using those striking techniques? If they are inferior, wouldn't it be better to train in the fighting styles with superior striking and add the dirty tactics to them?

To all the proper Kung Fu-ers, this is not directed at you, just at the LARPers.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. To those who think grappling styles fall apart without many rules I have three words for you:

Vale. Fucking. Tudo.

Comment

kungfu-alex,

100 street fights my fucking ass ! I almost forgot people like you existed.
                              That's nothing. Gary Myers claimed over a 1,000 bar fights in the original Extreme Fighting event.
                              Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X