5 Movie Martial Artists That Lost a Deathmatch to Dignity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Movie Martial Artists That Lost a Deathmatch to Dignity

This Cracked article is a couple years old. If you haven't read it, it's new to you.

Nothing in the known universe is more badass than a kung fu movie star.

Yet, when a superstar battles his way to the top of Badass Mountain, something happens--something terrible and difficult to watch. These are the men who fell from awesome to ridiculous with horrifying speed:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15819...h-dignity.html
    (Article with pics and vid.)
    Last edited by johnpatricio; 12/25/2009 11:56am, .

We know this article is a few years old. Some of us visit Cracked regulary. So, this article already has it's own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Eyes View Post
      We know this article is a few years old. Some of us visit Cracked regulary. So, this article already has it's own thread.
      Shit, sorry. I didn't know. I guess I should have searched first. :eatbabies

Comment

No problems, it is a good article to re-introduce seeing as how Steven Seagal now has his own reality tv show.
        Plus, I still make the same mistake from time to time.

Comment

"But if there were two things the '80s were about, it was coke and ninjas."

Nothing but class.

Comment

I respect Van Damme for having the balls to get an erection on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
              I respect Van Damme for having the balls to get an erection on TV.
              I heard van damme will fight a muay thai champion in 2010, is it true? :eusa_eh:

Comment

Originally posted by Osaka peach View Post
                I heard van damme will fight a muay thai champion in 2010, is it true? :eusa_eh:
                Apparently so.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...ng-in-K-1.html

Olympic gold medallist.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somluck_Kamsing

Bear in mind that Van Damme is notorious for signing up for things, then changing his mind.

Comment

Apparently so.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...ng-in-K-1.html

Olympic gold medallist.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somluck_Kamsing

Bear in mind that Van Damme is notorious for signing up for things, then changing his mind.
                  Amazingly, wikipedia confirms a 18-1 records for Van Damme in actual fights! :5eek:

I guess he's not entirely out, then. And he'll probably be a lot larger too.

Comment

Amazingly, wikipedia confirms a 18-1 records for Van Damme in actual fights! :5eek:

I guess he's not entirely out, then. And he'll probably be a lot larger too.
                    The whole thing about him lying about his past as a 'real' martial artist came about because people didn't realize (or didn't bother to find out) that 'Van Damme' is not his actual surname.

He still looks in good shape for a guy his age whenever I've seen him, so publicity stunt or not, if the fight happens, it should be an interesting watch...

Comment

The whole thing about him lying about his past as a 'real' martial artist came about because people didn't realize (or didn't bother to find out) that 'Van Damme' is not his actual surname.

He still looks in good shape for a guy his age whenever I've seen him, so publicity stunt or not, if the fight happens, it should be an interesting watch...
                      I wonder why he's doing this, if he looses then he can say goodbye to the remains of his career. If he win, maybe he'll get a new offer for a direct to DVD movie. :happy7:

Comment

I wonder why he's doing this, if he looses then he can say goodbye to the remains of his career.

Career?

Comment

If he win, maybe he'll get a new offer for a direct to DVD movie. :happy7:

You've obviously not seen JCVD.

Comment

Jean could pull a serious acting role if he tried. That's what he did in JVCD.

I think the dude's still got some years in showbiz in him left if his manager actually knew what they were doing.
                            Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
                            Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

Oddly enough, Van Damme redeemed himself with JCVD, Seagal may be redeeming himself (jury's still out) with Lawman and Norris never really was so bad. I mean, make fun of W:TR all you want, it was hugely successful.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X