X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
    This - from about 2:40 onwards.
    YouTube- Streets Of Rage 2 - Stage 1 - Axel

I must praise this game for its realistic portrayal of street/bar-room violence and self defence...

(well, that's what my Street Reality Hanshi told me)
    this is still more realistic than systema IMO :icon_eek:

a flying kick will probably make the guy drop the knife in a real fight, even if the odds of actually landing it are about 0,01 per cent.

Comment

Originally posted by Osaka peach View Post
      this is still more realistic than systema IMO :icon_eek:

a flying kick will probably make the guy drop the knife in a real fight, even if the odds of actually landing it are about 0,01 per cent.
      So, when I design the website for my new system, I can quote you on that ("flying kicks are effective in a percentage of streetfights involving knives")?

Comment

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
        So, when I design the website for my new system, I can quote you on that ("flying kicks are effective in a percentage of streetfights involving knives")?
        of course! and since I will create my own system, you can quote me as being a 10th degree black belt in the fine art of Osaka's fist of justice Tm. :happy8:

Comment

Streets of Rage is a great game.

I'll probably catch some crap for this, but a more unrealistic, and in my opionion fun, brawl game is The Bouncer.
          YouTube- The Bouncer Walkthrough W/Commentary Pt2
          (Sorry for the commentater. Couldn't find alot of other videos.

Also, while looking for vids on the Bouncer, I found this gem.
          YouTube- Bouncer (kickbox world champion) vs loudmouth - Vol. 01

Comment

Originally posted by Osaka peach View Post
            It's funny how martial arts and religion both requires the same leap of faith
            No, religion requires a leap of faith because the existence of god(s) can't be empirically proven or disproven. Conversely, martial arts can be objectively tested and evaluated but many practitioners refuse to do so.
            Not having evidence is not the same as running away from evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by dougguod View Post
              No, religion requires a leap of faith because the existence of god(s) can't be empirically proven or disproven. Conversely, martial arts can be objectively tested and evaluated but many practitioners refuse to do so.
              Not having evidence is not the same as running away from evidence.
              That is omega-clever! :icon_eek:

Comment

What?
                "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the shit out of you.
                And when the shit's been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Comment

YouTube- Full Speed Attack - Kwan Lee - real mw2

This video is good though

Comment

Originally posted by devilboy7778 View Post
                    Sorry, this looks like stuff I used to make up when I had my shot at Ninjutsu. Which means that you are probably better off stealing moves from video games than doing Systema.

If you actually know where this pic is from BECAUSE you were there and played it,
                    you are probably awesome.
                    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 12/28/2009 10:58am, .
                    www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
                      Sorry, this looks like stuff I used to make up when I had my shot at Ninjutsu. Which means that you are probably better off stealing moves from video games than doing Systema.

If you actually know where this pic is from BECAUSE you were there and played it,
                      you are probably awesome.
                      Dark link has teh real Ninjitsu

Comment

A step in the right direction with the initial attack been quick, but it goes compliant from there on out anf the guy doesnt try to fight back.

Also I see a few occasions where the blade looked like came very close to some main arterys.

Comment

No, it is not .
                          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                          BILL HICKS,
                          1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                          ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by Christmas Spirit View Post
                            No, it is not .
                            IS TO IS TO IS TO!!!!!:XXphyhsas

Comment

"You must have a crush on Christmas Spirit, don't you? Go do some pushups or something."
                              www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
                                "You must have a crush on Christmas Spirit, don't you? Go do some pushups or something."
                                No I don't have a crush on the Christmas spirit. I was just saying no it isn't is as bad as saying is too. Ninjutsu is pretty bad though (commenting your last post)
                                I am about to try out some Systema classes myself so I will report back to you guys about the knife fighting.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X