Knife disarming.Systema seminar with Mikhail Ryabko in Moscow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Now I may be damning myself to hell for even suggesting this - but Ryabko vs. Seagal NHB has the potential to be one of the most epic and entertaining fights of all time, ever...
    I want to have your babies

Comment

Originally posted by Mtripp View Post
      Well, once again, my points about these people and this silly system seem to be made yet again.....
      I'm sure a systema apologist will be along shortly to explain to us how we're miss-understanding the video.
      <insert witty comment>

Comment

As the old saying goes "Dont bring a systema to a knife fight"

Infact dont bring systema to any fight unless you want to die.

Comment

Ive allways throught the best knife defnese i could do against a someone with a knife was to try teep the guy so fucking hard in the gut he gets winded/falls over/knocked off balance long enough for me to either run away or smash my shins through his face.

Its seems alot more realistic approach to knife defense than any video ive ever watched

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
            Ive allways throught the best knife defnese i could do against a someone with a knife was to try teep the guy so fucking hard in the gut he gets winded/falls over/knocked off balance long enough for me to either run away or smash my shins through his face.

Its seems alot more realistic approach to knife defense than any video ive ever watched
            Take away the kick to the face and you might have something there ...
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
            ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I actually once successfully defended myself against a knife attack (robbery attempt at a cash machine at night) when I was in my late teens. It was more by luck than judgement that I avoided getting stabbed (my jacket got cut/ripped open at the side - one of those padded puffa jackets). Basically, I managed to get the guy's knife arm trapped between my left arm and the wall and I pounded him repeatedly in the face and throat area with my right and bashed his head sideways into the wall a couple of times.

He dropped the knife and I shoved him over and picked up the knife as he fell onto his back. He ran away when I waved the knife at him.

It scared the living fuck out of me and pretty much shattered my naive 'no-one will ever fuck with me because I'm a big man now' attitude. I didn't go out at night for months afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Christmas Spirit View Post
                Well Systema's track record with knives isn't all that great . They lost one of their own , actually one of the highest ranked instructors to a knife fight ...
                I think this was actually an assassination. The guy you are talking about I believe used to teach in IL.

Comment

Originally posted by devilboy7778 View Post
                  I think this was actually an assassination. The guy you are talking about I believe used to teach in IL.
                  Was he definitely stabbed to death? I've seen people claiming that he was shot.

Comment

He was stabbed/cut to death .

As for the claims of assassination it is obvious to me that the KGB did it for sharing all those uber secret and special methods of H2H and blade work . You see ALL Systema comes from years of top secret research done by KGB and russian military .

Too bad no one was there to give him a "healing punch" or energy replenishing slap .
                    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n20729471/

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Systema instructor scheduled to do 'Gun Defense seminar' found shot to death

Comment

Damn it ... Then what the hell am I thinking of ?

I will look into this when I get home from work tonight . I am finding it hard to believe that I got my wires crossed that much .

... but then again it wouldn't be the first I was wrong .
                        BILL HICKS,
                        1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

No those are to show you are right.

The first article says he was slashed.

The second thread is just a post and shows that the autopsy states they were stabbed.

Autopsies performed Tuesday determined that the two men found behind a Wheeling shopping center had been beaten and stabbed to death, officials said. oman A. Drobetskiy, 34, of the 400 block of Marvin Place in Wheeling, died of multiple stab wounds in a homicide, said a spokeswoman for the Cook County medical examiner.
                          Arkadiy Stepankovskiy, 29, of the 9200 block of West Emerson Street, Des Plaines, died of multiple injuries from an assault, also a homicide, the spokeswoman said.

Comment

Excellent I am not losing my mind . I didn't even have a chance to read the links before we had to take off and do some painting in the shop .

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                            No those are to show you are right.

The first article says he was slashed.

The second thread is just a post and shows that the autopsy states they were stabbed.
                            BILL HICKS,
                            1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

It looks pretty similar to chi sao, and anyone seeing this video and actually believing it might works probably belongs to a cult. It's funny how martial arts and religion both requires the same leap of faith :biblethum

you get better knife defense by playing double dragon: a strong sidekick in the stomach or gonads, guy drops the knife, then knee to the face. :tongue7:

Comment

Originally posted by Osaka peach View Post
                                It looks pretty similar to chi sao, and anyone seeing this video and actually believing it might works probably belongs to a cult. It's funny how martial arts and religion both requires the same leap of faith :biblethum

you get better knife defense by playing double dragon: a strong sidekick in the stomach or gonads, guy drops the knife, then knee to the face. :tongue7:
                                This - from about 2:40 onwards.
                                YouTube- Streets Of Rage 2 - Stage 1 - Axel

I must praise this game for its realistic portrayal of street/bar-room violence and self defence...

(well, that's what my Street Reality Hanshi told me)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X