Anybody playing Tekken 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody playing Tekken 6?

Shit is fun as shit. I usually play as Hworang, Jin, Kazuya or Bruce. This time around I've been playing as Dragunov. He's the SAMBO player and his fighting syle is fairly realistic with a sprinkle of arcadism. His grapple is pretty sweet and his leg locks are awesome. He even hits like fedor.

Unfortunately, I haven't quite gotten the hang of him, but he's pretty awesome. I'm pretty annoyed with the online fighting because it's mostly filled with a bunch of cheesemonsters relying on one combination to earn better ratings. I was reminded why I hate online play.

Luckily I'm decent enough to beat those cheese assholes with my characters.

Anyhow I'm drscraps on PSN if anybody feels like playing. PS3 is better than XBOX. That is all.

I haven't seen it out here in China yet, but I'm sure there are quite a few bootleg copies out there somewhere.

Comment

Dude, it's pretty fun.

The tweaks they've made to old characters is pretty sweet and completely natural feeling. The new characters are alright, I guess. Some of them are cool, Alisa for example, but some of really stupid and lame, like Lars.

Comment

I remember watching Foxd whoopin' up dudes at the arcade in Ann Arbor with Dragunov. He had sweet ass command throws; all kinds of rolling leg locks, and if I recall correctly, a fireman's carry-to-soccer-kick-in-the-head combo.
        Oh, and that whole gothed up force entry suit costume was sweet.
        The fool thinks himself immortal,
        If he hold back from battle;
        But old age will grant him no truce,
        Even if spears spare him.

Comment

Yeah, Drag was one of my favorite Tekken characters since his debut in DR.

Though now I play Miguel more because his manly Spaniard brawling attracted me for some reason.

PSN name: Outfoxd, though I haven't been on in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Sircmas View Post
            Shit is fun as shit. I usually play as Hworang, Jin, Kazuya or Bruce. This time around I've been playing as Dragunov. He's the SAMBO player and his fighting syle is fairly realistic with a sprinkle of arcadism. His grapple is pretty sweet and his leg locks are awesome. He even hits like fedor.

Unfortunately, I haven't quite gotten the hang of him, but he's pretty awesome. I'm pretty annoyed with the online fighting because it's mostly filled with a bunch of cheesemonsters relying on one combination to earn better ratings. I was reminded why I hate online play.

Luckily I'm decent enough to beat those cheese assholes with my characters.

Anyhow I'm drscraps on PSN if anybody feels like playing. PS3 is better than XBOX. That is all.
            You're the only other person I've seen on the entire internets who uses a ps3.

Anyway, I rented it. Shit is fun, but loadtimes just seem that bit too long. I'm usually sticking with Steve and Lei.

I mean, SAMBO's sweet and all, but at least virtua fighter had an undead judoka or something close. It's a shame VF sucks though.
            But, I mean think about that for a second.

AN UNDEAD JUDOKA
            Originally posted by Judoka_UK
            Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by 100xobm View Post

Anyway, I rented it. Shit is fun, but loadtimes just seem that bit too long. I'm usually sticking with Steve and Lei.

I mean, SAMBO's sweet and all, but at least virtua fighter had an undead judoka or something close. It's a shame VF sucks though.

AN UNDEAD JUDOKA
              Coming from the perspective of an engineer, the xbox is just a piece of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by 100xobm View Post

AN UNDEAD JUDOKA
                VF does what now?

Superior fighting engine, better balance, less flash.

Love both though.

Comment

I don't own a Playstation 3 and I refuse to buy a fighting game for the 360 (The controllers just wasn't made with fighting games in mind), so I haven't been able to play yet. Want to though.

I picked up Tekken 5 again to scratch my Tekken itch. I've even started to play as characters I wouldn't touch before, like Marduk or King. I still refuse to play as Julia though...spamming bitch.

Comment

Demon, buy a stick or make one?

Comment

Originally posted by Sircmas View Post
                      Coming from the perspective of an engineer, the xbox is just a piece of shit.
                      It matched up a lot better before Sony cut the PS3 pricetags down to size.

Am I bitter about having to pay for online play? Maybe a smidge.
                      Originally posted by Emevas
                      Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Comment

I played on a friend's copy a week ago or so, definitely made me want to pick up the game and buy a ps3.

I usually play either Steve or Marduk on T5, did pretty well with them when I played T6.

Also, Hinogami Goh is the SHIT. Technically, Paul from the Tekken series is a judoka also, even if he doesn't act like it.
                        Fight Film Friday
                        Watching violence on film, violently.
                        Click here to donate!

Comment

I can't really use the arcade sticks. I rely on the D-pad for all my fighting games.

Comment

Tekken is my jam.

Love it play it about everyday. I think its the best fighting game on the market. Real enough to keep me interested but arcade enough to keep it fun and allow anyone to pick up and play. Characters are top notch. Pretty good story. More than anything I love the amount of fighting style represented.

1 Sergei Dragunov
                            2 Leo
                            3 Bruce Irvin
                            4 Paul

Comment

Is it just me or has Dragunov suddenly become a Tekken darkhorse character?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X