X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Ninja Warrior

Starts Dec. 12th

http://g4tv.com/americanninja/index/

Television as we know it ends. Dec 12th.

Comment

Obstacle course ala, Sasuke
      As usual, it takes 10 [email protected]#$ years for good television to reach American shores. lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasuke_(TV_series)

Comment

looks like american glads

Comment

1. Where are the tabi?
          2. Why does this not take place in the streets?
          3. What does Ashida Kim think about this?

Comment

I love watching Ninja Warrior! It's one of my favorite television shows of all time. However American Ninja Warrior is like a contest to see who they are going to send to compete at the REAL Ninja Warrior in Japan.

Comment

Yeah, Takeshi's Castle (MXC) was fun just to watch the people lose....but Sasuke actually had us cheering for them to win! I love that show. Hope the american version lives up to its inspiration.
              "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Comment

Hopefully the Americans that win will be able to do well in the Japanese course as well. Great contestants, great announcer, and amazing obstacles.

Comment

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
                  1. Where are the tabi?
                  2. Why does this not take place in the streets?
                  3. What does Ashida Kim think about this?
                  Originally posted by sainthamish View Post
                  Television as we know it ends. Dec 12th.
                  Just wondering if you two actually clicked on the link to the show or if you just read the word "ninja" and decided it was a larpfest.

Comment

Probably not, otherwise they'd know that the contestants who are successful are some of the most physically fit badasses around.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Eyes View Post
                      Probably not, otherwise they'd know that the contestants who are successful are some of the most physically fit badasses around.
                      *nod*
                      Even gold medalists of the Olympics couldn't finish 25% of the 1st obstacle course.

Although some have after returning for revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Whathappened View Post
                        *nod*
                        Even gold medalists of the Olympics couldn't finish 25% of the 1st obstacle course.

It is very impressive.

YouTube- American Ninja Challenge 3: 'Ninja Warrior' All-Stars

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Eyes View Post

I stand educated.

YouTube- Ninja Warrior: The Fireman - G4tv.com

Comment

No problem, when I first heard G4 promoting a show called "Ninja Warrior" I had the same expectations as you. However, after watching the show, I was hooked. The most awesome obstacle course competition ever. (Not to mention the fact that it is called "Ninja Warrior" by only G4.)

I'm watching the American Competition now. As compared to the Japanese course, it looks 10 times easier. Which makes sense since the winner of the American competition earns the right to compete on the Japanese course. This show is essentially one giant preliminary.

EDIT: Nice. Jason "Mayham" Miller is competeting.
                            Last edited by Demon Eyes; 12/13/2009 11:58am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X