The Redditardation Never Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Redditardation Never Ends

I wish I could drag over something interesting, but it's just a Bruce Lee circlejerk in the Fitness subreddit, unfortunately one of the more active posts it ever sees.

Credulous numbskullery, MMA misconceptions, and d34dly eye gouges for good measure.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love you, Bullshido. I love you so very, very much.

Well it got off to a good start with 'Chuck Norris' in the first paragraph but then went down hill fast.

It read like a string of Youtube comments and as usual I found myself wanting to laugh, then cry, then shoot myself and the laugh. I can't believe you waded into that shit-pool, there's far too much D34dly for me.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

After arguing with an overwhelming numbers of idiots on Sherdog about the deadly, I realised how much I love Bullshido.

Comment

BL did not have a broken back...he had a bad sprain...he invented MMA, yeah sure...

Comment

The heavy bag story thing is amazing. Do none of them realize that the force necessary to throw the bag straight up to the ceiling is the MINIMUM force required to accomplish the feat? Once you start adding angles and swinging in an arc at the end of a chain you start multiplying that force (admittedly not by whole numbers, but still numbers in excess of 1).
          It seems to me that the Sanjuriu Martial Art is not in guestion, but, rather the character of Mr. Galt.
          -AkidoMom

Comment

Facinating. How do these people manage to maintain the minimum neccessary sanity level to type on their keyboards (as opposed to, say, eating them with fava beans and a nice Chianti) and yet be sufficently insane to post such drivel?

Comment

sanrabb in particular is a moron.

Comment

I may never know what about martial arts makes people so indescribably stupid.

Comment

How can any resonable educated adult class Bruce Lee as an olympic calibre athlete? Based on what?

Fucken morons.

Comment

A wikipedia article, of course!

At least his main page doesn't have his "fight record" which had several first round KO's in "street fight"s against unknown opponents.

EDIT:

Fuck, nevermind that, that has it's ("own page", BS is havin' trouble not screwing up the formatting) own page now.

I guess Wikipedia doesn't care about Bruce Lee, 'cause there's no way this shit would pass their encyclopedic guidelines if someone applied them.
                    Last edited by Hesperus; 12/11/2009 12:40pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Hesperus View Post
                      A wikipedia article, of course!

At least his main page doesn't have his "fight record" which had several first round KO's in "street fight"s against unknown opponents.

Only several anonymous street KO's? Thought it would be more than that.....

Comment

I love that the 'references' in the wiki article are composed entirely of anonymous internet posts and dubious hagiographies.

Comment

Taken from : http://www.defend.net/deluxeforums/j...-fight-20.html

"I guess I could have added the FACT that Lee won the Hong Kong High School Boxing Championships at his particular weight class and that George Dillman told a Black Belt magazine interviewer that he needed to chide Lee for being too rough when sparring with his students."

Well if Dillman himself cant bring some substance to an arguement, noone can.

Comment

Sweet christ I'm glad I found Bullshido first.
                            Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

I can't believe I just read that entire thing. Why do people assume that they are the "end-all" authority on martial arts when their only experience with them is the local TKD McDojo, bad martial arts movies, and Tekken?

I have a friend who has taken one jiu-jitsu class, and did TKD growing up. There is just no arguing with him when he starts talking about any style of martial art. Plus, to top it all off, he's the most out of shape guy I know.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X