Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Grappling Art for Yard Self Defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Grappling Art for Yard Self Defense?

YouTube- Naughty dog humps old lady....Hilarious video

It is a proven fact that 99.9999999% of all Human-Dog fights end up on the ground. My question is which grappling art provides the best tools to mitigate the dog's "offense" and end the encounter safely.

It seems like BJJ's guard game might lead to some rough situations. In the encounter above, the dog seemed to have little submission game after it took the back. Maybe some sort of wrestling would be best to control the dog until you can break away safely?

:pancakebu

obvious troll is obvious.

Comment

Here comes the epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianterrel View Post
        YouTube- Naughty dog humps old lady....Hilarious video

It is a proven fact that 99.9999999% of all Human-Dog fights end up on the ground. My question is which grappling art provides the best tools to mitigate the dog's "offense" and end the encounter safely.

It seems like BJJ's guard game might lead to some rough situations. In the encounter above, the dog seemed to have little submission game after it took the back. Maybe some sort of wrestling would be best to control the dog until you can break away safely?

:pancakebu
        The real problem here is the result of dead patterns. A lot of aikidokoists are prone to practicing compliant Dog-Old Woman rape attacks. The result is aikidokists(Who are also known as Yellow Argentinian Ninjakos in Honduras) don't fare so well in an alive setting. The best training practice is Internet _ing _un Venue Quibbling, better known as the The Horny Plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by nnate View Post
          The real problem here is the result of dead patterns. A lot of aikidokoists are prone to practicing compliant Dog-Old Woman rape attacks. The result is aikidokists(Who are also known as Yellow Argentinian Ninjakos in Honduras) don't fare so well in an alive setting. The best training practice is Internet _ing _un Venue Quibbling, better known as the The Horny Plumber.
          I hadn't considered Aikido! I bet they have some "Ok now bite my wrist" scenarios that would really give them a leg up on other grapplers!

Edit: Aikidog devastation:

A good dog/carnivore defence technique is to unhesitatingly take the first opportunity to ram one fist as fast and as forcefully hard and as far into their mouth, down into their throat, as far it will go, reaching for their entrails and simultaneously bite the animal on the noseeye gouges may have some limited use but not as a first or only option.

Bite my wrist now pooch!

While trolling aikido forums for dog techniques, I learned that I fail at search function :

ULTIMATE Dog Defense!! (T3h [email protected]) - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
          Last edited by Brianterrel; 12/09/2009 1:49am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Brianterrel View Post
            Brianterrel quoted an article on Aikidojournal
            A good dog/carnivore defence technique is to unhesitatingly take the first opportunity to ram one fist as fast and as forcefully hard and as far into their mouth, down into their throat, as far it will go, reaching for their entrails and simultaneously bite the animal on the noseeye gouges may have some limited use but not as a first or only option.
            Wow. Fuck that shit. Whoever wrote that has some sadistic dog-torture issues coupled with some sort of innate canine persecution complex.

Edited to add: Otherwise your post was funny. Lol @ bite my wrist.

Comment

Aikidog?

Absolute PWNAGE ! (below)

Comment

only GJJ will work as its the Street.

Comment

What you and your dog do should stay in the privacy of your own home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sley View Post
                    only GJJ will work as its the Street.
                    NO! It's not the Street! It's the yard! It's totally different!!!

Obvious answer: Backyard wrestling.

Comment

Cat fighting

Comment

Another excuse to post this again. Happy happy joy joy.

YouTube- bjj vs dog

Comment

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
                          Another excuse to post this again. Happy happy joy joy.

YouTube- bjj vs dog

It really is uncanny the way opportunities present themselves to enable this video to be posted. :qgreenjum

Comment

Originally posted by kodiak View Post
                            The dog has the real anti grapple.These knees would be illegal in cage fighting, but on they streets the easily stop a takedown.

Comment

Pulling guard is actually a great tactic against 4 legged creatures larger than you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X