Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little known fact - an AMAZING mma videogame was released in 04

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Little known fact - an AMAZING mma videogame was released in 04

    I think this is required watching (if not playing!) for all bullshido members -- a videogame based on Def Jam rappers, mixed martial arts, professional wrestling, and underground streetfighting.

    I leave you with video.

    YouTube- Def Jam fight for NY Created Fighter Eclipse

    #2
    Yeah, I had it for PS2. It wasn't bad, a bit tacky at times, but I'm never been mistaken for being a part of hip hop culture so...

    I remember making a blinged-out Phil Elmore character though, which was fun.

    Comment


      #3
      Did you just kill Danny Trejo with a train? Motherfucker.
      Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

      Comment


        #4
        For some reason, Henry Rollins is your physical training coach.

        Comment


          #5
          That video game was a LOT of fun. Some of the "special moves" were simply hilarious. I.E., Ludarcis's "lift a man by the throat, punch in balls repeatedly, throw to the ground, and one last hard kick to the nuts for good measure".

          And I must say, it was very entertaining setting up a "pimps vs. ho's" match using Snoop Dog, Flava Flav, Little Kim, and Kimorra Lee Simmons...

          ...freaking awesome!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Jack Frost View Post
            For some reason, Henry Rollins is your physical training coach.
            Holy shit what. Why have I never played this game.

            Can...can you BE Henry Rollins?!
            Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by marcusdbrutus View Post
              Holy shit what. Why have I never played this game.

              Can...can you BE Henry Rollins?!

              I thought you'd never ask.

              YouTube- Def Jam Fight for NY - Henry Rollins vs Blaze

              In case you didn't notice, i'm not a nice guy, so get out of here.

              Comment


                #8
                Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Suprore View Post
                  I thought you'd never ask.

                  YouTube- Def Jam Fight for NY - Henry Rollins vs Blaze

                  In case you didn't notice, i'm not a nice guy, so get out of here.

                  The only way that could be better is if S.O.A.'s (Henry's first band, back when he still went by his given last name of Garfield) song "Gonna Have to Fight" was playing in the background. Old school DC hardcore FTW!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I always use my "Blazin" in sparring, but somehow it doesn't make me stronger.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I knew it was going to be Def Jam when I read the title.
                      Fight for NY is a fun game. I still have it and will play through story with a new character from time to time.
                      Also, to add to Henry Rollins awesomeness, each character (including yours) is only capable of learning 3 fighting styles. Where as Henry has 4.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        It was a good game although using MT as your primary style would get your asskicked. I used to get stuck quite frequently on Rampage and Baby Chris.
                        Sumus extra manum tuam.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Demon Eyes View Post
                          I knew it was going to be Def Jam when I read the title.
                          Fight for NY is a fun game. I still have it and will play through story with a new character from time to time.
                          Also, to add to Henry Rollins awesomeness, each character (including yours) is only capable of learning 3 fighting styles. Where as Henry has 4.
                          Correction: Henry Rollins is versed in all five fighting styles of the game: Streetfighting, Kickboxing, Wrestling, Martial Arts, and Submissions.

                          I pretty much devoted my second and third years in college to this game, haha. Definitely the best MMA game before Undisputed came along, maybe even after too. I don't think Undisputed has the feature to use bottles as weapons or wreck someone up on their car.
                          Fight Film Friday
                          Watching violence on film, violently.
                          Click here to donate!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Actually, I recall his character selection profile stating only 4 different styles. They left one out.

                            Comment


                              #15


                              DON'T ARGUE ABOUT ME, I'M TOO AWESOME.
                              Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X