X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scotshh
    replied
    MMX/kungfu

Chinese have a very different way of doing things.THE SCHOOL ISN'T PERFECT AND IS STILL FINDING ITS FEET..

Leave a comment:

• maggarppx
    replied
    yeah

yeah,qufu school is not the right place for me and i can not get the best out of it...you can't learn any spiritual inside into my training.
    PS.I stayed there for four weeks.

Leave a comment:

• erezb
    replied
    That was a weird read. Interesting though. It just kinda molested my brain a little.
    Why would You waste a whole year of your short life going to this God awefull place doing kung fu moves?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Leave a comment:

• battlefields
    replied
    This alternate universe theory of yours, BJMills, does it happen to have a healthy dose of LSD?

Leave a comment:

• BJMills
    replied
    I feel like I'm in an alternate universe.

Leave a comment:

• jackiemartialar
    replied
    qufu school

Originally posted by scotshh View Post
    I trained in Qufu shaolin kung fu school from 2013 Sep to 2014 summer.I wasn't sure whether to include this section or not, as I like my masters (but three of them have left)...... the school is far from perfect,and the Head Master wei is a terrorist,who invited his friends to the school to kick in one of the Masters badly that was too far for me. i don't recommend qufu school,so I thought it would be better for students to be aware of these things so when the school makes a stupid decision, it will come as no surprise!

I have seen a few people come to the school who have specifically asked prior to arriving if they could focus on one area, such as Tai-Chi or Wing Chun or Wudang. All these people have been very disappointed, very quickly. The school has a schedule and if you want to do anything outside that you may not receive 'extra' tuition for your chosen area, which I can understand if a Master is trying to run a Shaolin Forms class outside and you want to be inside at the wooden dummy. I really wouldn't recommend the school for Wing Chun as the masters don't like to teach it and rarely do, and there are only two wooden dummies which are broken.

Making false promises: never fixing the wooden dummies; saying we can eat as much as we want for breakfast, then two months later handing each student a fixed amount.

I feel there are too many students,this makes for a very noisy environment with everyone living on top of each other and the children constantly shouting, running around the corridors, banging doors and making lots of mess.

But My whole view of the school has completely changed over the last few weeks. I was willing to put the poor treatment of the dogs, the food, the lack of communication from the school etc ect aside as cultural difference. However when the Head Master invited his friends to the school to kick in one of the Masters that was too far for me.

The worst part is that one of the friends who came to beat the master is now teaching at the school!

Leave a comment:

• scotshh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scotshh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vieux Normand
    replied
    Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    Only if his swirling dragon spirits passed through his sarcasm meridian.
    Spirits?

Count me in.

Never met a distilled product I didn't like.

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    Originally posted by DerAuslander View Post
    I've got a swirling dragon spirit for you.
    Free soju?

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    Originally posted by Martialart View Post

Their training plan is mainly Sanda which is kickboxing, and it's not good training at that, mostly hitting pads. It has little to do with real life fighting and elegant kung fu, not to mention it is unnatural and not worth traveling to China for! In fact I feel in many ways aspects of my ability of self-defense, both verbal and physical, and my spirituality have declined due to the training and the harsh dealings of the teachers, and the lack of a school-like learning environment. Some forms learned were competitive wushu instead of authentic, but perhaps that's how the monks are taught at the temple.
    So less forms and more Sanda? Sounds like an awesome school. The reason I left my last kungfu school was because it was more forms and less Sanda.

You sold me on this school. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• DerAuslander
    replied
    I've got a swirling dragon spirit for you.

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    Originally posted by Eudemic View Post
    If I didn't know how serious you are about absolutely everything, I might be tempted to think that you were employing sarcasm there. . .
    Only if his swirling dragon spirits passed through his sarcasm meridian.

Leave a comment:

• Eudemic
    replied
    Originally posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Absolutely.

Human physiology today is every bit as different from what it was, a thousand years ago, as assault rifles are from hand-held cannons.
    If I didn't know how serious you are about absolutely everything, I might be tempted to think that you were employing sarcasm there. . .

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    Originally posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Absolutely.

Human physiology today is every bit as different from what it was, a thousand years ago, as assault rifles are from hand-held cannons.
    Human understanding of it certainly is.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X