X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrGalt
    replied
    Originally posted by M1K3 View Post
    Twitcher, you are an asshat. You don't have to pay anything to change your style. Try to use what few brain cells you have left to figure it out.

MrGalt was pointing out to you that many people come here, put down martial sports and claim that they can't spar because there techniques are too deadly to be used in anything but a life or death situation. Sounds alot like what you posted.

So, to really train for the deadly streets do you fight to the death, curb stomp each other, perhaps razor blades while grappling? I am willing to bet you don't train very often. The recovery time, not to mention medical expenses, must really suck.
    :spanky:
    Thanks, Mike. That's why I post so little. When I try to say something sensible and someone else calls me a dumbass for it, I know his own ignorance is already on display, so what more can I possibly say? In fact if I find myself defending something I've said for a dozen posts, I start thinking I must be wrong after all.

Leave a comment:

• Whathappened
    replied
    Originally posted by The Twitcher View Post
    Punching to the face works with less effort, because it's a more direct approach. Find a boxing gym.
    Spoken like a true noob. :profe:
    So tell me, what was the weight of the last training bag you rocked?
    You obviously seem to imply you've mastered the 1 punch KO.

Leave a comment:

• Kintanon
    replied
    Punching to the face works with less effort, because it's a more direct approach. Find a boxing gym.
    Seriously? So you one punch KO everyone you run into with no danger of reprisal? Good for you. I'll stick to takedown -> Mount -> GnP -> RNC myself.

Leave a comment:

• M1K3
    replied
    Twitcher, you are an asshat. You don't have to pay anything to change your style. Try to use what few brain cells you have left to figure it out.

MrGalt was pointing out to you that many people come here, put down martial sports and claim that they can't spar because there techniques are too deadly to be used in anything but a life or death situation. Sounds alot like what you posted.
    Well smartass, I use the same god damned moves that anyone who says their style is "BJJ and muay thai", as well as more. In any case, there's good ideas and bad ideas. Rolling outside of the dojo like you do inside is a bad idea.

This is why I've begun to change because you will fight as you train. Is grappling fun? Yes. Is it the go to idea outside of the dojo/sporting event? Nope.
    So, to really train for the deadly streets do you fight to the death, curb stomp each other, perhaps razor blades while grappling? I am willing to bet you don't train very often. The recovery time, not to mention medical expenses, must really suck.
    :spanky:

Leave a comment:

• Kovacs
    replied
    Does that mean you don't train in anything Twitcher, as in don't train in any specific MA, cross train in any MA and don't have an instructor of any sort?

I admit I haven't read the entire thread so I may have missed it.

Leave a comment:

• The Twitcher
    replied
    Okay, where to begin, I think I'll start with number one.

Originally posted by MrGalt View Post
    1. You didn't see a problem with using sport vs. street because t3h d34dly.
    Actually I said that I first started with sport martial arts, which are "t3h d34dly". Choking someone can kill them, and using armbars will cripple someone. If you grapple, you're learning t3h d34dly. This is something someone as mature as you shouldn't have knowledge on.

2. Someone pointed out to you that you can't realistically train t3h d34dly because you'd be committing crimes and grievously harming your training partners.
    See number 1.

3. You displayed your lack of understanding by suggesting that legality isn't your concern. This means that you probably didn't understand point 2, which was referring to training, not fighting. Barring literacy failure, the only reason I can see for your failure to understand is that you don't actually train but instead LARP deadly compliant moves in some sort of non-contact situation, or possibly you follow people into dark alleys and kill them with your bare hands on a regular basis for practice. I'm leaning toward the first explanation.
    You really are stupid. Without one and two, this one just falls apart.

Just to settle the matter if you wanted to be honest in your style field rather than cute, what would you type there?
    I can't change it unless I give bullshido money. If I really wanted to be cute, I would have made some oriental sounding name and say it's something new. "Freestylism" is the logical conclusion of the philosophy held by Bruce Lee. I have my own goals, and I want to do my own thing. Not what teacher says, but what I want. I have a big problem with authority, rank, and styles (religions really). "Training alive" is a concept I embrace, and it's not that hard to do, but it isn't the cure for politics in the martial arts.
    Last edited by The Twitcher; 12/08/2009 7:47am, . Reason: in a hurry

Leave a comment:

• MrGalt
    replied
    Out of the specific context, I'm afraid I don't understand your point.
    Okay, I'll walk you through it.

1. You didn't see a problem with using sport vs. street because t3h d34dly.
    2. Someone pointed out to you that you can't realistically train t3h d34dly because you'd be committing crimes and grievously harming your training partners.
    3. You displayed your lack of understanding by suggesting that legality isn't your concern. This means that you probably didn't understand point 2, which was referring to training, not fighting. Barring literacy failure, the only reason I can see for your failure to understand is that you don't actually train but instead LARP deadly compliant moves in some sort of non-contact situation, or possibly you follow people into dark alleys and kill them with your bare hands on a regular basis for practice. I'm leaning toward the first explanation.

Just to settle the matter if you wanted to be honest in your style field rather than cute, what would you type there?

Leave a comment:

• The Twitcher
    replied
    Translation: I don't actually know what this "training" you're talking about is.
    Out of the specific context, I'm afraid I don't understand your point.

Leave a comment:

• MrGalt
    replied
    I don't know about that, but legality isn't my primary concern. The laws where you are may be different from the laws where I am anyway.
    Translation: I don't actually know what this "training" you're talking about is.

Leave a comment:

• Flail_Crapple
    replied
    Originally posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    I once won a multiple opponent streetfight with a sweep from buttscooting.
    So your friends beat the shit out of him while you held mount?

Leave a comment:

• Hedgehogey
    replied
    I once won a multiple opponent streetfight with a sweep from buttscooting.

Leave a comment:

• Larus marinus
    replied
    Originally posted by sleigher View Post
    STD perhaps?
    Na, that was a couple of weeks later, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• The Twitcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Santafreude View Post
    On the street, people stand in front of brick walls.

You'll break your hand.
    LMAO!

Leave a comment:

• HappyOldGuy
    replied
    On the street, people stand in front of brick walls.

You'll break your hand.

Leave a comment:

• The Twitcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
    Fuck you Twitcher, I'll fucking pull x-guard on the street against 99% of people and be on top of them before they can do anything about it.
    Almost all competition level BJJ is total overkill against an untrained opponent, and that includes pulling guard on the street. Against untrained people on the street most BJJers could get away with pullin guard if they wanted to.
    Most of them WON'T because they won't need to, but they COULD and still not be in any real danger from most people.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X