So, I Buttscooted in a Streetfight...It Worked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I Buttscooted in a Streetfight...It Worked

I've told a less detailed account of this elsewhere, but I think it's worth going into detail here, from a martial perspective. I was a little embarassed by it, but I think it's worth mentioning because if you just want to avoid damage and know how to use it, the buttscoot is really not that bad.

I suppose calling it a streetfight is a little misleading, because I got assaulted and didn't attempt to fight, only to defend myself, and by that I mean, try not to get hurt.

So I was at the gym and a guy threw a dumbell at me and then ran across the room. I told him to stop and put my hands up. He punched me. It glanced across my forehead and wouldn't have caused a bruise, except he had a ring on his pinkie. I started bleeding profusely.

I told him to stop again and backed away out of the gym onto the pavement. He followed, and swung several times, I dodged these shots. He cornered me. I rolled onto my back and started scooting while calling for help. I had steel toes on, I dunno if that made a difference, but when he tried to strike at me I kicked at his strikes and he wasn't able to get at me. I scooted around on the pavement for a couple minutes pushing him back every time he tried to get to me.

Eventually, help arrived and he got hauled away. I avoided getting into a fight I didn't want and he looked like a crazy idiot, which benefitted me more than a fight would have.

WTF did you do to get him all pissed off?

Comment

But what about the lava pit full of aids needles?

Comment

Originally posted by ICY View Post
        a guy threw a dumbell at me
        He THREW a dumbell at you?! Presuming the dumbell was of a decent weight (ie. 6kg/12lbs or more), my mind boggles at the logistics of such a task.

Having said that, the throwing of a dumbell could have had lethal results. Nice escape!

Comment

Dont do that if wanderlei ever throws a dumbbell at you.

Comment

WTF happened in the lead up to the dumbell hurl? Seems like an exciting gym.....

Comment

What did you do to make him throw a dumbbell at you?

Comment

I got news for you, getting assaulted counts as a fight. Just because you don't fight back doesn't mean you didn't get in a fight. You just didn't participate.
                "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Comment

Originally posted by Rudolph
                  WTF did you do to get him all pissed off?
                  His sister told him I raped her, I didn't, and the context which I won't go into here makes that blatantly obvious, but he doesn't care and just wanted an excuse to take a swing anyway. He already hated me.

He THREW a dumbell at you?! Presuming the dumbell was of a decent weight (ie. 6kg/12lbs or more), my mind boggles at the logistics of such a task.

Having said that, the throwing of a dumbell could have had lethal results. Nice escape!
                  Yeah, it hit me in the ribs. And hurt. A lot.

WTF happened in the lead up to the dumbell hurl? Seems like an exciting gym.....
                  He called me a rapist and said he ought to rape my sister.

Originally posted by FP
                  I got news for you, getting assaulted counts as a fight. Just because you don't fight back doesn't mean you didn't get in a fight. You just didn't participate.
                  In a legal context, a fight implies consent. This was just him attacking me.

Comment

Throwing a dumbbell at someone is at least assault with a deadly weapon, like throwing a bowling ball or hitting someone with a bat. You had pretty close to carte blanche in a situation where you were being attacked with a weapon and threatened along with family (if you do have a sister, not clear on the article).

Pretty much anything aside from a swift killing blow would not have been excessive force since he gave chase or easily contested to being such.

Comment

His family would have killed me. They still want to, and have tried, but they've been unsuccesful so far. I think they might have stopped trying now, but only time will tell.

Comment

why would she say you raped her. you brought it up.... details

Comment

take this roid head to court

Comment

Originally posted by devilboy7778 View Post
                            Agreed, and get a restraining order too.

Comment

Originally posted by devilboy7778 View Post
                              I'm calling the irony police on this thread.
                              Originally posted by Emevas
                              Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X