Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zxxvii
    replied
    I called Benny Benavides from Xtreem jiu jitsu (http://www.xtreemjiujitsumma.com/). He told me he charges $85 a month for unlimited training, it seemed fair and reasonable. I will go to his gym in a couple of weeks to give it a try.
    I'll let you know how it goes.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• slideyfoot
    replied
    Out of interest, where in the UK is that? Also, have I got it on the map already? As if not, I'd like to add it, if you've got an address, website and contact details.

Leave a comment:

• glassjaw
    replied
    wow, bjj is expensive. the only gym i trained at was around $90 a month, under a eduardo de lima bb named james feidler. that seems like a fair price after reading this thread, but i still could only afford 2 months.

Leave a comment:

• Mahendra99
    replied
    Wow, you guys in the US get hammered. In Oz, I only pay either AU$10 per lesson casually, or about AU$120 (I think) per semester (so 6 mnths) for 4 nights per week...

Saying that, we train with a high blue, not a purple, brown or black, could have a lot to do with it. Meh, trainings training.

Leave a comment:

• Franco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lindz
    replied
    I pay $225 for six months of judo. That would buy at most 2 months of bjj in this town.

Leave a comment:

• JohanSon
    replied
    Where I train it costs 60 euro per month (classes every day, sometimes twice a day) or 150 euro per 3 months. All clases are led by BJJ black belt. You can also train boxing and muay thai, but you must pay extra for it; I'm not sure how much, but I think it's 100 euro per month (BJJ+boxing+muay thai)

Leave a comment:

• zxxvii
    replied
    Hey Burpy,

Hell of a deal you guys get there...... makes me wish spending the summer in Spain. I'd call it training holidays

Leave a comment:

• burpy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• slideyfoot
    replied
    I've been a member of five BJJ schools so far.

I started at the Roger Gracie AcademyRGA KilburnNova ForcaCombat AthleticsRGA affiliate

Leave a comment:

• Lindz
    replied
    Did you know that judo is effective, cheap and widely available? It also teaches some of the same skills as bjj and also a lot of the skills you're gonna want but probably won't get from bjj.

Leave a comment:

• Keeze
    replied
    My school charges $120 per month, but gives discounts for 6 months or 1 year memberships, and since I live in a college town, they also give extra discounts to us poor students from the university. So maybe they have discounts such as those which may apply to you. Also, they just charge a mat fee (much cheaper) for someone who only comes 2-3 times a month or so.

Maybe you could do your Judo, and pay a mat fee to visit the BJJ school once a week or so? If I were you, I'd take advantage of the free lessons and talk more with the school's owner about pricing. They might even work out a deal with you on the financial end if that $160 is too much.

Also that $120/month means that I get 4 days a week of 2 hour instruction as well as an open mat to train on for 5 (sometimes 6) days out of a week.
    Last edited by Keeze; 12/04/2009 11:48am, .

Leave a comment:

• joecos
    replied
    I currently train with a Rolls Gracie 6th degree blackbelt, classes available six days a week, two or three classes a day, depending on the day. I am in one of the most expensive places in the US to live (Fairfield County, CT). Cost is $125/month for unlimited classes.

I know that Renzo charges well over $200/month for training in NYC. $160 a month is pretty high, considering where you are and that the classes, at least at the beginning, will be taught by bluebelts.

Leave a comment:

• Iainkelt
    replied
    I currently pay 90 a month for 3 classes a week (plus open gym times) and access to the weight room etc. I'm not sure how much more it is for unlimited classes, but for strictly the grappling side of the gym I definitely don't think it would be more then 120 or so. But also keep in mind that I live in the Twin Cities where there are more choices for gyms than you apparently have.

Leave a comment:

• danniboi07
    replied
    My school charges $160/mo for unlimited sessions. I could train BJJ up to 6 days a week. That's a deal. If they're charging you that for only 2 days a week, then I say it's a bit much.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X