Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glutton for punishment?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Glutton for punishment?

    Rather than making my initial post in the safe newbie forum, I choose a possible baptism by fire.

    I understand that if I participate on this site I will inevitably be flamed for my "martial arts" background, especially since I sincerely believe that it has been a correct path for me.

    from my profile:
    Starting in 1992:
    McDojo TKD ->
    Karate Do Genwakai ->
    self-organized group cross training ->
    Kung Fu San Soo (as if the rest of this wasn't flame-bait enough)->
    self-organized and combat oriented group cross training ->
    freedom from perceived threats of violence ->
    recreational group cross training ->
    art school ->
    dancing meditation ->
    USN (6 years enlisted, honorable discharge, surface fleet ET cross-rated to CE at four year mark, made E-5, worked hard and proudly the entire way through) ->
    walking meditation (awareness cultivation) ->
    watching my cat stalk and kill other mammals and lizards in my garden ->
    pseudo-Qi Gong (i.e. "what feels right" a.k.a "whatever the hell I determine my practice consists of that day" -- it generally looks like TCMA to people who aren't familiar with a genuine TCMA system) ->
    Today: currently seeking to participate in the formation of a self-organized and enlightenment-oriented group for cross training.

    I am a paperless tiger.

    Additional flame fodder: I've never fought in a ring, and I do not plan on it. I've been knocked out in a fight at least eight times in my life. Since I can't recall a precise number I suspect that additional concussions might not be a good idea. I am pretty risk-adverse in my training since I attempt to maintain a sustainable practice.

    I plan on contributing to the fruitful exchange of ideas in other parts of this site.

    This thread might serve to mitigate the distraction my future contributions in other threads will cause. It should help me adjust to the specific flavors of belligerence found here.

    I understand that either keeping a low profile and being vague and non-specifc about my background or pretending to be new to martial arts would be easier ways to join the discussions here. I don't have time to pussyfoot around though, and I suspect that the people I want to network with here are the same way.

    Cheers, and enjoy your flame!

    #2
    ...you took the fun out of it. Dick.

    Comment


      #3
      you are just plain evil.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by adelord View Post
        Rather than making my initial post in the safe newbie forum, I choose a possible baptism by fire.

        I understand that if I participate on this site I will inevitably be flamed for my "martial arts" background, especially since I sincerely believe that it has been a correct path for me.

        from my profile:
        Starting in 1992:
        McDojo TKD ->
        Karate Do Genwakai ->
        self-organized group cross training ->
        Kung Fu San Soo (as if the rest of this wasn't flame-bait enough)->
        self-organized and combat oriented group cross training ->
        freedom from perceived threats of violence ->
        recreational group cross training ->
        art school ->
        dancing meditation ->
        USN (6 years enlisted, honorable discharge, surface fleet ET cross-rated to CE at four year mark, made E-5, worked hard and proudly the entire way through) ->
        walking meditation (awareness cultivation) ->
        watching my cat stalk and kill other mammals and lizards in my garden ->
        pseudo-Qi Gong (i.e. "what feels right" a.k.a "whatever the hell I determine my practice consists of that day" -- it generally looks like TCMA to people who aren't familiar with a genuine TCMA system) ->
        Today: currently seeking to participate in the formation of a self-organized and enlightenment-oriented group for cross training.

        I am a paperless tiger.
        Additional flame fodder: I've never fought in a ring, and I do not plan on it. I've been knocked out in a fight at least eight times in my life. Since I can't recall a precise number I suspect that additional concussions might not be a good idea. I am pretty risk-adverse in my training since I attempt to maintain a sustainable practice.

        I plan on contributing to the fruitful exchange of ideas in other parts of this site.

        This thread might serve to mitigate the distraction my future contributions in other threads will cause. It should help me adjust to the specific flavors of belligerence found here.

        I understand that either keeping a low profile and being vague and non-specifc about my background or pretending to be new to martial arts would be easier ways to join the discussions here. I don't have time to pussyfoot around though, and I suspect that the people I want to network with here are the same way.

        Cheers, and enjoy your flame!
        Fuck you idiot. Now we'll have a spate of n00bs taking this anti inflammatory approach. You fucked it up for everyone.

        I hope you write something stupid soon so I can slap you all over the forum with it.
        GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
        Originally posted by Devil
        I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
        I <3 Battlefields...

        Comment


          #5
          Welcome to Bullshido.

          I hate you. :P

          Comment


            #6
            Well, at least you aren't claiming to do martial arts. Go back to your spiritual meditation in peace you dirty hippy.
            sigpic

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by adelord View Post
              ...Today: currently seeking to participate in the formation of a self-organized and enlightenment-oriented group for cross training...
              what?

              Comment


                #8
                Rather than making my initial post in the safe newbie forum, I choose a possible baptism by fire.
                No, what you're trying to do is avoid the baptism by fire by degrading yourself before others get a chance to. It's not cute, nor is it clever. Quit being a fucking pussy, and get your dick out of everyone's face. I would've rather you posted this shit in newbietown, where at least I could've ignored your retarded profile.

                Edit: What the fuck is "dancing meditation?" And what's with all the fucking arrows, is your profile a timeline?
                Dan Severn loves raping people.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Simply put he's a fucking moron. Dancing meditation is some retarded version of moving Qigong or Taijiquan. It's a fucking joke. It looks like he's tried to make a timeline. I'm disgusted, literally. Somebody remove this LARPing piece of shit. I want to puke.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by sleigher View Post

                    what?
                    Hippy shit, obviously. People influenced by Hakim Bey, Robert Aston Wilson or Peter Ralston might be particularly likely to dig it.
                    Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                    No, what you're trying to do is avoid the baptism by fire by degrading yourself before others get a chance to. It's not cute, nor is it clever. Quit being a fucking pussy, and get your dick out of everyone's face. I would've rather you posted this shit in newbietown, where at least I could've ignored your retarded profile.
                    /trolled. I'm amazed it took that many posts.

                    a minor nitpick: I do not perceive anything I've written here to be "degrading" and it also fails to meet my definition of "self-effacing"
                    -- I happen to be proud of the life I have lived.

                    Edit: What the fuck is "dancing meditation?"
                    in my case, anarchafeminist hippy shit: this link seems to describe something fairly similar to my experience. If you are scientifically inclined, try to synch your heart rate with a steady beat (set at ~80% of your max safe heart rate) with rhythmic movement: a perception of euphoria generally occurs if you are successful. Aldous Huxley would approve.
                    And what's with all the fucking arrows, is your profile a timeline?
                    kind of. As a diagram it fails to represent areas of overlap, but it communicated a general chronology.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Self deprecating humour only works when people have an opinion of you.
                      GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                      Originally posted by Devil
                      I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                      Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                      I <3 Battlefields...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                        Self deprecating humour only works when people have an opinion of you.

                        Or a registered care factor beyond 0.04%......

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by adelord View Post

                          /trolled. I'm amazed it took that many posts.
                          YouTube- Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage -- Statue Of Liberty

                          No, idiot, you haven't trolled anyone. You're just trying to save face by making it look like you're a troll. Or are you trying to call me a troll?

                          a minor nitpick: I do not perceive anything I've written here to be "degrading" and it also fails to meet my definition of "self-effacing"
                          -- I happen to be proud of the life I have lived.
                          You called several parts of your profile "flame-bait" and "flame-fodder." That implies that you think you should be made fun of by others. Also, you admitted to being knocked out eight times in fights despite never competing in the ring. That pretty much makes me think that you're a pussy.

                          Even if you're proud of your life, you've still effectivly degraded yourself in the eyes of others. Shitheel.
                          Dan Severn loves raping people.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                            YouTube- Spiderman and Venom Maximum Carnage -- Statue Of Liberty

                            No, idiot, you haven't trolled anyone. You're just trying to save face by making it look like you're a troll. Or are you trying to call me a troll?
                            I predicted your reaction (flaming) and you met my prediction. I "trolled" that reaction out of you.

                            You called several parts of your profile "flame-bait" and "flame-fodder." That implies that you think you should be made fun of by others.
                            "should" is a funny word. I expected to eventually attract negative attention given the obvious consensus views on this site, and I made the decision to draw out some of the more extreme examples of that bias for a moderately confrontational exchange that might serve to immunize future dialogs from some amount of predictable ad homonym. I am comfortable holding minority opinions, and I know how to politely disagree with people. I think that people should treat each other with dignity and respect. I do not think that people should be mocked or flamed.

                            Also, you admitted to being knocked out eight times in fights despite never competing in the ring. That pretty much makes me think that you're a pussy.
                            Actually it means I've had my ass kicked in real life -- I've been in situations where I was not in adequate control of my physical safety. In my case those experiences, repeated, provided a serious motivational force for rigorous and pragmatic martial arts training. Contemplating what I did wrong to allow myself to become vulnerable in those situations, and what was outside of my control, led to long periods of contemplation (including phases of personal recrimination) that was a driving force in the evolution of my martial philosophy.

                            Even if you're proud of your life, you've still effectivly degraded yourself in the eyes of others. Shitheel.
                            I do not feel degraded.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              You weren't able to protect yourself, because most of your "training" seems to be more "spiritual" than practical. Frickin hippies.....

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X