Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how tough is Steven Seagal, really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard the audition story, and assuming it's true (and I'm not saying it isn't) it is definitely disgusting. I'm not really interested in defending his character as a person. He might be a dick, or just really weird, to 99% of people and only once in a while a decent guy to those he deems worthy. Totally possible and something that he has to deal with on his own as a human being.

But, I would also just say that the question asked was whether or not we would consider him a "tough" guy. In my opinion, for whatever it is worth, the evidence would say yes. That doesn't mean he isn't a prick, or a bit of a nut job, or someone who triggers a "code brown" via RNC, or a pig with women. But he does have a legitimate martial arts background, he has to some degree served as a LEO, and he is apparently very good with a gun (I know next to nothing about shooting so I have to take other more qualified people's opinion). Maybe I just don't know enough about his apparently ducking out on fights or other cowardly behavior, but I don't think the evidence suggests that he is a total fraud. My best guess is that he is somebody who has bought into his own hype WAY too much. So is he as tough as Gene Lebell? No. At least not based on my definition and my respect for all the things Gene has done, but I don't think that automatically discounts everything else Seagal has done in his life.

Oh and for the record, I find the Lebell story hilarious and awesome, and will gladly recount it for others......and yes, he runs like a retarded 8yo girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtripp View Post
      Hmmm.... how EXACTLY would Gene LeBell gain anything from the story? Or Bob Wall for that matter?

I haven't even told why Jenny McCarthy left her "audition" and did not do "Under Seige."

The real problem here is what Steven is saying, not those of us who refute it.
      Just to make it clear, I didn't say that I didn't believe that Gene LeBell choked Seagal out and caused him to poop his pants, or that Gene has any sort of agenda - or that I believed that Seagal has been the innocent victim of a decades-long media smear campaign.

Just trying to highlight the issue of believing everything written about the man (or any man) without considering the credibility of the source - and that a lot of people who've been famous for a long time have 'everyone's heard'-type stories/rumours attached to them, which may or may not be true, s'all. I didn't have any specific incident in mind when I wrote my post.

Comment

I heard that Steven Seagal insists that ladies refer to his reproductive anatomy as his 'creepstick.'

Comment

Mtripp, so you're saying Segal said,"Grab my neck?" And then he was like,"No, not that way?"

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Alexander View Post
            Mtripp, so you're saying Segal said,"Grab my neck?" And then he was like,"No, not that way?"
            :laughing4

For that, you get +1.

I just dropped my cigarette in my lap.

Comment

I haven't even told why Jenny McCarthy left her "audition" and did not do "Under Seige."
              Is it because she thought Aikido causes Autism?

Comment

One of the stunt men, upon hearing that claim, said "I'll take that bet." That man, was Gene LeBell. Gene walked up, got behind Steven, and put the choke on. Steven tapped right away and said "I wasn't ready."

Gene said "Let me know when you are ready." Steven said "now," and grabbed for Gene's balls.... Gene sprawled, and choked Steven out, and held it for good measure.

Steven made a mess in his shorts, both poo-poo and pee-pee; Bob Wall has the cleaning statement from the set about this.

When Steve came to; he threw Gene off the set, and had him blacklisted. The National Inquirer caught wind of the story, and wrote that a 60 something stuntman just choked out the great Steven.... so a deal was made. Steven would end the blacklisting, and Gene would keep his mouth shut.

Mr. Wall and myself made no such deal.
                I believe you, but knowing what little I do about Gene Lebell's career, how respected he is, it seems a bit ludicrous that someone like Steven Seagal could get such a "blacklisting" to stick. Crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
                  YouTube- Steven Seagal Runs Like a Girl

Mtripp you are officially awesome, that story was fucking amazing!
                  He keeps his wrists loose like that on purpose. That's his "Chi Run".

Comment

Originally posted by BestatwhatIdo View Post
                    Anyway, I had heard that Seagal's skills were legit but his ego is WAY out of line. Two things I wanted to ask if anyone knew about:

1) I heard he was one of the best shooters in the United States (maybe an exaggeration from the guy who told me this), and had taught the LAPD and various other LE organizations firearms techniques. Anyone care to verify this? I saw an episode on A&E showcasing his firearms skill and he seemed pretty good, but I'm shitty when it comes to shooting so what the fuck do I know?
                    Kim Jong-Il is supposedly one of the best pistol marksmen in North Korea... take all claims like this with a grain of salt. Now if someone like Jerry Miculek says it, THEN it's the gospel truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
                      Just to make it clear, I didn't say that I didn't believe that Gene LeBell choked Seagal out and caused him to poop his pants, or that Gene has any sort of agenda - or that I believed that Seagal has been the innocent victim of a decades-long media smear campaign.

Just trying to highlight the issue of believing everything written about the man (or any man) without considering the credibility of the source - and that a lot of people who've been famous for a long time have 'everyone's heard'-type stories/rumours attached to them, which may or may not be true, s'all. I didn't have any specific incident in mind when I wrote my post.
                      As far as Seagal being an innocent victim, I was always under the impression that he brought it on his damn self.

Comment

Just for those who haven't seen them. Seagal's Aikido demonstrations.

Basically, they're Aikido demonstrations.

YouTube- Steven Seagal on Merv Griffin
                        YouTube- Steven Segal Kicking real life ASS! Aikido Martial Art
                        YouTube- Steven Seagal

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Jude View Post
                          I believe you, but knowing what little I do about Gene Lebell's career, how respected he is, it seems a bit ludicrous that someone like Steven Seagal could get such a "blacklisting" to stick. Crazy...
                          His claim was Gene assaulted him. That caused the blacklisting.

When Gene choked him the first time, Steven said he wasn't ready. When he told Gene to go ahead the second time, he attacked Gene's groin. The rest you know.

I heard about the casting couch first hand, from the source. She seemed very unnerved by it... I said "Would you like me to make you feel a lot better?" Then told her the LeBell story.... she laughed so hard the tears were running down her leg.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Jude View Post
                            As far as Seagal being an innocent victim, I was always under the impression that he brought it on his damn self.
                            Hmmm... he claims to have been a CIA agent. Claims everyone is afraid to fight him, including major legit MA fighters. Etc....

Yep, seems that way to me.....

Comment

Seagal is a fat smug fuck with a greasy ponytail and a look on his face like he has trapped gas. He can't act, always playing the same fat smug pony-tailed fuck in every one of his movies.

How the fuck did he manage to become a big time movie star? It wasn't acting talent, and it wasn't looks. I can only imagine that he gives spectacular, earth shattering head, and that he's taken every studio exec's load in his face with enthusiasm.

Comment

Steven Seagal is so tough, his fight scenes aren't scripted. A film crew follows him around while he acts natural.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X