Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how tough is Steven Seagal, really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARPAChief
    replied
    Originally posted by Smackjack View Post
    Well, as of aikido. I have actually used some basic techniques in a real life situation, some drunk grabbed my shirt with both hands, I thought he was joking, obviously not so I grabbed his left hand and twisted it towards his right side and pressed forward as it was bent. I forget the name. But lol the reaction was priceless and in front of chicks too, I remember when I was shown this by a master and he made me say "moma" so I did the same thing to the drunk. If that isn't enough a guy I workout with is a trainer at a fit athletic gym and he just got back from Iraq and has done kungfu, aikido, muay Thai, bjj, and boxes now. And said he would only use aikido in a real fight. I'm not claiming aikido but if it exist as an art then it's bound to work some how, and I'm sure if mr.seagal has 7th dan there is bound to be somewhere along those testings that he would have been in front of a judge that thoroughly tests people despite there social status in life. Again not even defending seagal just making a point. What if I got 7 dan, and started acting and producing? You guys gonna think I suck too?
    I already think you suck.

Leave a comment:

• Smackjack
    replied
    Well, as of aikido. I have actually used some basic techniques in a real life situation, some drunk grabbed my shirt with both hands, I thought he was joking, obviously not so I grabbed his left hand and twisted it towards his right side and pressed forward as it was bent. I forget the name. But lol the reaction was priceless and in front of chicks too, I remember when I was shown this by a master and he made me say "moma" so I did the same thing to the drunk. If that isn't enough a guy I workout with is a trainer at a fit athletic gym and he just got back from Iraq and has done kungfu, aikido, muay Thai, bjj, and boxes now. And said he would only use aikido in a real fight. I'm not claiming aikido but if it exist as an art then it's bound to work some how, and I'm sure if mr.seagal has 7th dan there is bound to be somewhere along those testings that he would have been in front of a judge that thoroughly tests people despite there social status in life. Again not even defending seagal just making a point. What if I got 7 dan, and started acting and producing? You guys gonna think I suck too?

Leave a comment:

• Larus marinus
    replied
    Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    Big rock stage shows have a lot of details that have to be right, because you've got pyrotechnics, huge displays, giant aplifiers and many, many bystanders crammed together. Things have to be properly anchored, supported etc, and everything has to come together just right for some of the epic rock shows planned. Adding "no brown M&Ms" to a list is a way to test if all of your requests were actually read and executed properly.
    Ah, okay. Thanks.

I'll start: lactating ranch dressing
    Something like this:

(note - rather gross video)
    Spoiler:

Seagal is not squinting to make himself look Japanese - he's trying hard to keep his eyeballs in his head.

Originally posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    lol "1 X boombox"...to really kick the jams.
    With his wives, girlfriends and handmaidens?

Leave a comment:

• bobyclumsyninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
    In his defence, here's a rider for his band. Not really that douchey in its demands at all.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/ev...be-band?page=6
    lol "1 X boombox"...to really kick the jams.

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    Have we had idle speculation as to the nature of Seagal's alleged 'unique physiological reaction to sexual arousal' yet (considering where we are, I suppose so)?
    I'll start: lactating ranch dressing

Leave a comment:

• Azatdawn
    replied
    Big rock stage shows have a lot of details that have to be right, because you've got pyrotechnics, huge displays, giant aplifiers and many, many bystanders crammed together. Things have to be properly anchored, supported etc, and everything has to come together just right for some of the epic rock shows planned. Adding "no brown M&Ms" to a list is a way to test if all of your requests were actually read and executed properly.
    Thanks, dude. I was too lazy to type all that.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    As you probably know, the MnMs thing came from Van Halen's rider, and the same promoter that ignored the MnMs also set up VH's massive staging on a parquet floor, causing $25k in damage to the venue. Oopsie!

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Del Preston is an expert in venues, brown M&M's, Ozzy, and beating shopkeepers (and their sons) to death.

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    How so? To check how diligent the venue staff are, or something?

Leave a comment:

• Larus marinus
    replied
    Originally posted by Azatdawn View Post
    There's a reason why this is done which isn't douchey at all, actually. It's often a security check.
    How so? To check how diligent the venue staff are, or something?

Leave a comment:

• Azatdawn
    replied
    If anyone was going to demand 20lbs of M+Ms with all the brown ones removed
    There's a reason why this is done which isn't douchey at all, actually. It's often a security check.

Leave a comment:

• Larus marinus
    replied
    In his defence, here's a rider for his band. Not really that douchey in its demands at all.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/ev...be-band?page=6

If anyone was going to demand 20lbs of M+Ms with all the brown ones removed, a dressing room adorned with endangered plantlife, no plates or silverware less than 200 years old or something to eat after like a camel stuffed with a lamb, stuffed with chickens, stuffed with eggs, I'd have expected it from Seagal.

btw, was it someone on here who said that 'Thunderbox' (the name of his band) is military slang for the waste receptacle in a chemical toilet? I read something along those lines somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• bobyclumsyninja
    replied
    "The Ridiculousness of Steven Seagal"

Haters gonna hate.

Na, it's a good read.

http://theflyingguillotine.wordpress...seagal-part-1/
    http://theflyingguillotine.wordpress...seagal-part-2/
    that was an incredible read. He's even more of a douche than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• DarkPhoenix
    replied

That's not a bad deal. My favourites were Under Siege, because there were real actors in it, and Erika Eleniak's tits were nice, and Marked for Death.

Leave a comment:

• Larus marinus
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Still, however you put it, I cannot deny that "Glimmer Man" is one of my favorite action movies of all time.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X