Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how tough is Steven Seagal, really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larus marinus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtripp View Post
    I know nothing about this first hand, nor do I know anyone who was there.

Sorry
    Thanks for the post, Mr. Tripp. I remember stumbling across your telling of it elsewhere several years ago. Has Seagal ever hassled you over it?

Do you happen to know if Gene LeBell or someone speaking on behalf of Gene LeBell ever said later on that, had Seagal not 'assumed the position', so to speak, then he (Gene) would probably never have been able to slap the choke on him, or at least would've had enormous difficulty in doing so?

I distinctly remember reading someone saying this - possibly a Seagal fanboy.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    Well it's not every day that somebody (especially an egocentrical somebody) has been told that they are the reincarnation of a monk. A reincarnated monk would have made a vow in a previous life to constantly be reincarnated until that vow has been completed. I'm sure that what Seagal is doing would definitely be against such a vow.

Leave a comment:

• Larus marinus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    I'm not dissing his beliefs. But certainly there has to be more to it than what has been shown.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you were - just that I don't honestly know enough about the situation (or Buddhism) to be calling BS yea or nay...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    I'm not dissing his beliefs. But certainly there has to be more to it than what has been shown.

Leave a comment:

• Larus marinus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    He probably still believes that he is a reincarnated Tibetan Lama. I read that somewhere in Blitz Magazine quite a few years back.
    Just to be fair to him - he didn't just pull that out of his ass one day. He was actually 'recognized' as such. There were murmurs from his critics that he'd made a large financial contribution in order to make this so but I honestly dunno - meh, I don't want to be the one to diss another man's sincerely held beliefs.

http://www.sangyetashiling.dk/kt/seagal.htm

Oh yeah, he didn't *really* say that he was God in an interview either (much like Dan Quayle didn't *really* utter the 'Latin America' line)...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Machette
    replied
    Originally posted by nightowl View Post
    Stephen was a big (in the physically imposing and fit way) guy back in the day. With that mass you could take something like aikikai aikido and hurt someone with it; or spring it on unsuspecting stunt men.
    I played with some Aikikai Akido people for a few weeks...

...of all things, I think it hurt my head the most...:BangHead:

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Machette
    replied
    Originally posted by kenso View Post
    Yes, and he got it the REALLY old fashioned way: he married the daughter of the dojo owner. When he started training there, he was only a shodan or nidan. Then in short order he married the daughter and VERY soon was promoted to godan.

He pretty much dumped her after he hooked up with Kelli LeBrock. Classy.
    So he's even a disgrace to weeabos? Bloody hell...

Leave a comment:

• nightowl
    replied
    Stephen was a big (in the physically imposing and fit way) guy back in the day. With that mass you could take something like aikikai aikido and hurt someone with it; or spring it on unsuspecting stunt men.

Leave a comment:

• hadoken
    replied
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/183859

Steven Seagals llama mantra.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    Does he still think he is native american? If so littering is also an option.
    He probably still believes that he is a reincarnated Tibetan Lama. I read that somewhere in Blitz Magazine quite a few years back.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Machette
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtripp View Post
    While hesitant to post much these days, due to the sad fact that the US no longer has a legitimate and legal dueling tradition any longer. To wit, someone who wants to defile your name or honor should know they will have to look down a dueling pistol to do so, and it could mean their life.
    You sir, are a man among men.

Respect.

Leave a comment:

• hadoken
    replied
    He reeks of BS, even before I read the gene lebell stuff

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    The same ones he used in his books, right?

Leave a comment:

• SoylentNinja
    replied
    At least Ashida's blow up dolls don't have feelings...

Leave a comment:

• SaintHamish
    replied
    Originally posted by kenso View Post
    Yes, and he got it the REALLY old fashioned way: he married the daughter of the dojo owner. When he started training there, he was only a shodan or nidan. Then in short order he married the daughter and VERY soon was promoted to godan.

*deep hurt*

Oh well, at least I still have my other idol......Ashida Kim.....

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X