Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how tough is Steven Seagal, really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    I'm not dissing his beliefs. But certainly there has to be more to it than what has been shown.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you were - just that I don't honestly know enough about the situation (or Buddhism) to be calling BS yea or nay...

Comment

Well it's not every day that somebody (especially an egocentrical somebody) has been told that they are the reincarnation of a monk. A reincarnated monk would have made a vow in a previous life to constantly be reincarnated until that vow has been completed. I'm sure that what Seagal is doing would definitely be against such a vow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtripp View Post
        I know nothing about this first hand, nor do I know anyone who was there.

Sorry
        Thanks for the post, Mr. Tripp. I remember stumbling across your telling of it elsewhere several years ago. Has Seagal ever hassled you over it?

Do you happen to know if Gene LeBell or someone speaking on behalf of Gene LeBell ever said later on that, had Seagal not 'assumed the position', so to speak, then he (Gene) would probably never have been able to slap the choke on him, or at least would've had enormous difficulty in doing so?

I distinctly remember reading someone saying this - possibly a Seagal fanboy.

Comment

No matter how the match would have happened, Gene would have taken him out.

Bob Wall, or ANY of the "Dirty Dozen" he put together, would have killed Steven.

Hell, truth be told, I know many people in the grappling world who would have no problem handing him his read end, myself included.

Comment

Well it's not every day that somebody (especially an egocentrical somebody) has been told that they are the reincarnation of a monk. A reincarnated monk would have made a vow in a previous life to constantly be reincarnated until that vow has been completed. I'm sure that what Seagal is doing would definitely be against such a vow.
            It's a reasonable point - to be fair to you.

TBH, my first reaction upon reading about all this (as a non-religious, non-spiritual person) was along the lines of 'Heh. Those guys - I wonder if they've heard'.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtripp View Post
              No matter how the match would have happened, Gene would have taken him out.

Bob Wall, or ANY of the "Dirty Dozen" he put together, would have killed Steven.

Hell, truth be told, I know many people in the grappling world who would have no problem handing him his read end, myself included.
              Okay. Fair enough. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
                It's a reasonable point - to be fair to you.

TBH, my first reaction upon reading about all this (as a non-religious, non-spiritual person) was along the lines of 'Heh. Those guys - I wonder if they've heard'.
                I used to be a Buddhist, but the whole karma thing.... the if you hit him back you will get bad karma, etc. Put me off, so I left it. But I do have some understanding of the theory, I just don't follow it's principles. Seagal on the other hand, let him just stick to Aikido. After all he can't do much else.

Comment

any truth to what I heard that he has dan grades in judo and some of karate, too?

Comment

First I've heard of such claims.

Comment

Originally posted by DayOfTheJackass View Post
                      any truth to what I heard that he has dan grades in judo and some of karate, too?
                      Nothing legit in Judo I have ever heard of....

Comment

Yeah, he's Pure Magic Pants.

I think anyone would do fine against him, as long as you don't give the t3h wrist!!

Then, my friends, we all know what happens there...

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by DayOfTheJackass View Post
                          Well, according to his IMDB bio (which can be edited by any idiot - and looks as though it has been), he does.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000219/bio

"The enigmatic Seagal commenced his martial arts training at the age of seven under the tutelage of well-known karate instructor and author Fumio Demura, and in the 1960s commenced his aikido training in Orange County, CA, under the instruction of Harry Ishisaka."

"Although he is a master in Aikido and Kendo, he also holds black belts in Karate and Judo."

Comment

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
                            "

"Although he is a master in Aikido and Kendo, he also holds black belts in Karate and Judo."
                            And those black belts were given by none other than...

Comment

YouTube- Steven Seagal Runs Like a Girl

Mtripp you are officially awesome, that story was fucking amazing!

Comment

I used to be a Buddhist, but the whole karma thing.... the if you hit him back you will get bad karma, etc. Put me off, so I left it. But I do have some understanding of the theory, I just don't follow it's principles. Seagal on the other hand, let him just stick to Aikido. After all he can't do much else.
                                Don't let Deraus see this post. Karma is not this simple.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X