Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karate is not legitimate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Karate is not legitimate

    Having studied muay thai since 1994, i have come to the conclusion that many of the various styles of karate seem not to be legitimate. I mean, lets face it, they are a bunch of geeks standing in a line, shouting and punching the air.

    what kind of training is this? punching the air is worthless because there is no weight resistance, you need to punch pads and bags and each other.

    The stances and punch is not realistic either. If you get into a real fight out on the street you are not going to get into a silly stance and put your fists at your waist and purr like a cat.

    These are just two out of the many hundreds of flaws this style of martial arts has.

    :ohyea7qh:

    #2
    Shut the hell up and train.

    Comment


      #3
      *knock*knock*knock*

      1984 is is at the door, it wants it's epiphany back.

      KTHANXBYE

      Comment


        #4
        At least it's not a chun thread
        " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

        " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

        "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

        "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

        "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

        Comment


          #5
          Kyokushin.

          Thanks for stopping by.

          Comment


            #6
            Andy Hug 4TW may he RIP
            GSP
            Machida
            Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

            Comment


              #7
              speaking of "not legitimate", having studied MT since 1994 does not make you a "legitimate" source of judgment of karate, or even MT. Go fight against a full contact karate practitioner...try a Kyokushin school near your home. I think you will change your opinion. Do you compete in MT, or just spar with other guys that you train with?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by no_nonsense View Post
                Having studied muay thai since 1994, i have come to the conclusion that many of the various styles of karate seem not to be legitimate. I mean, lets face it, they are a bunch of geeks standing in a line, shouting and punching the air.

                what kind of training is this? punching the air is worthless because there is no weight resistance, you need to punch pads and bags and each other.

                The stances and punch is not realistic either. If you get into a real fight out on the street you are not going to get into a silly stance and put your fists at your waist and purr like a cat.

                These are just two out of the many hundreds of flaws this style of martial arts has.

                :ohyea7qh:
                Karate is not a style of martial art.

                Here are two styles of karate that are worthwhile.

                YouTube- Mistrzostwa Karate Kyokushin Tokyo 2003

                YouTube- 2008 World Sabaki Challenge

                Which ones are the geeks?

                The fundamental problem here is that your experience and understanding of karate is limited to...studying Muay Thai.

                Trollshido please.
                What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

                Comment


                  #9
                  I think we'll let this thread stay here; serves a good example.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jack Frost View Post
                    I think we'll let this thread stay here; serves a good example.
                    A call to arms, then. We need full-contact karate videos busting out of this thread like a corset at the Renaissance Faire. Daido juku...shotokan KOs...Enshin...
                    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Of trolling, or just being a douchebag?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by tideliar View Post
                        Of trolling, or just being a douchebag?
                        i'm not trolling i can assure you off that i'm just sharing my opinions of the karate training i have seen.

                        Don't get me wrong, karate is a well established form of fighting, however the training methods used in most karate schools is too watered down to prepare someone for combat.

                        I also feel that some of the technics are worthless and it has severe limitations as they only train the straight punch. You need to try and punch like a boxer, karate men cant punch.

                        i feel the best style to turn someone into an effective fighter is muay thai :):wrestlerb

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by no_nonsense View Post
                          i'm not trolling i can assure you off that i'm just sharing my opinions of the karate training i have seen.

                          Don't get me wrong, karate is a well established form of fighting, however the training methods used in most karate schools is too watered down to prepare someone for combat.

                          I also feel that some of the technics are worthless and it has severe limitations as they only train the straight punch. You need to try and punch like a boxer, karate men cant punch.

                          i feel the best style to turn someone into an effective fighter is muay thai :):wrestlerb

                          Shut the steaming, Christraping fuck up! Did you ever WATCH a full contact, bare knuckle match? Every post you make on this subject, only proves one thing: you don't know shit about karate.

                          I invoke the Spirit of Daido Juku
                          YouTube- Daido juku MMA karate knockdown

                          and, of course: Ashihara!

                          YouTube- Ashihara karate summer training camp '08 (Russia)

                          some summer camp.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Lurk more. Post less. Stop making stupid threads.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Kris Kringle-Jime View Post
                              A call to arms, then. We need full-contact karate videos busting out of this thread like a corset at the Renaissance Faire. Daido juku...shotokan KOs...Enshin...
                              UH huh uh huh...wait what?

                              YouTube- Sesame Street: Cookie Monster's Sorting Song

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X