Weird situation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird situation...

I suggested we check out this muay Thai gym near my BJJ gym because her "kickboxing" classes had finished for the year and she was still pretty keen to hit things. I was pretty keen to see her get some decent instruction.

She missed the class, however, all was not lost. We sat down and discussed what she wanted from training a martial art. She told me she wanted to be fit, flexible and to learn how to fight.

I gave her my opinions of kickboxing for a girl her size (she is small) and that for defence, kicking and punching someone might just make them angry. I told her a bit about the history and effectiveness of BJJ, which interested her greatly, as well as training with aliveness. Her statement in regards to martial arts without aliveness made me smile and I told her bullshido.net would love it:
    "You can't be a warrior until you beat someone up."

I'll let you know how it goes...
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

Giggity, giggity, giggity.

Comment

Its only weird if you make it weird mate. BJJ is grappling not sex, despite how it may look to people who dont do it.

Comment

i've tried to show my little sister how to escape from mount and it made her really uncomfortable.

this girl sounds pretty badass. show her some moves.

Comment

Only weird if you get a chubby or try to hit on her.

Otherwise, keep it professional and there's no harm no foul. (at least between the two of you. spectators might not be so impartial.)

Comment

Sounds like good, clean, sweaty ass-kickery to me.

Comment

I work with girls sometimes. At 5'9, 163 pounds, I'm not too huge for them, and my coach keeps telling the girls "oh you'll see he's very nice".

What I do in respect to tachiwaza drills, because I'm a sucker...uhhh, gentleman, I just let them throw me over and over. I basically serve as throwing dummy. Gives me ukemi practice. If they insist that I must also give it a whirl then I emphasise debalancing and fitting and use as little strength as I possibly can without being sloppy.

On the ground, seriously it's not that weird. Usually "lololol I'm between her legs" won't be what you're focusing on in your mind. The girls I have worked with were always very quick to tap to pain though so be prepared to disengage quickly if she's that kind of chick. Whenever I do newaza randori with a girl, I just catch and release. Because I'm a sucker...uhh, nice guy.

Otherwise have fun! I like working with girls to work on purely esthetical matters, like form, or to do more technical work. For randori though, different story.

Comment

Yeah, its unlikely it'll become even remotely sexual, we're already close in a sibling sense. I reckon she'd go well, she played rugby when she was younger and has a competitive nature.

I can't help but wonder how my missus will take us training together, maybe I'll get two new training partners!
                I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos13th View Post
                  Its only weird if you make it weird mate. BJJ is grappling not sex, despite how it may look to people who dont do it.
                  Turkish oil wrestling though...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                    Yeah, its unlikely it'll become even remotely sexual, we're already close in a sibling sense. I reckon she'd go well, she played rugby when she was younger and has a competitive nature.

I can't help but wonder how my missus will take us training together, maybe I'll get two new training partners!
                    thats the best way to go through it, get your fiance to join as well so they will always have a sparring partner, another thing i noticed with women in my classes is that they like to talk about non BJJ related stuff (quitely though) and to them its usually a social experience.

So they drill the moves a couple of time and then chat for a bit or between stuff.

Comment

I've tried to get my fiancee involved, specifically in TKD where contact was minimal and there were HEAPS of girls, so it just won't happen in an arena of blokes who hurt each other.

She worries about what people think too much, so much so that I wonder how she leaves the house most days. She says she wants to get fit before going to the gym so that nobody laughs at her while she is at the gym. Ridiculous! And she is hot too, not in the I gotta say it cause I'm marrying her way, everyone says she is hot, the bi sexual chick in the cubicle next to me has been trying to hook a threesome for two years (and I am sure would be happy without me). So its even more ridiculous. I'm the complete opposite.

Her sis doesn't care, very much like me in that she is happy to look uncoordinated while training in order to get the skills to be coordinated.

I was trying to imply that dudes would be all over her in what could be sexual positions and she just said "in rugby some of the islander girls were bigger than most guys, I don't care, I wanna learn how to smash 'em." She has the right idea. You gotta love it. And I'll love it even more if she takes it up.
                      I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

I train with my twin sister. We're both blue belts. She gets hit on all the time, anytime there's one girl surrounded by a bunch of dudes, that's going to happen. But no one has been "awkward" training with her....except for the normal "no-gi" jokes we ALL make with each other.

The greatest story though, she tapped a newer white-belt (he was maybe training 2 months) so many times that he ended up quitting class. I think in a 3 minute round she got him 7 times. He yelped once on a shoulder lock, and our instructor yelled at him to tap sooner. To a girl! Hahhaha. He asked to leave the mat, and the instructor said no. Haven't seen him since that night.

Proudest moment :)

Comment

Dude, if you could pretend that your fiancee's sister is a bro, it would only be gay and not weird at all...

Comment

ok op, listen to me carefully now...

this will only lead to trouble.
                            stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebell View Post
                              ok op, listen to me carefully now...

this will only lead to trouble.
                              stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW.
                              This.

You really don't want to start realizing that you have more in common with your sister in law than your fiance. Especially if she is fun and hot.

:love7: :qright5:

You ------- Your fiance
                              Last edited by cam4276; 12/02/2009 7:21am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X