Hey Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Team!

Just wanted to say hey to everyone. I'm new to the whole MMA training life. I have always been a fight fan, boxing when I was younger and I have been around watching MMA since UFC1. There was a short (3 months or so) period in the early 90s when I joined a TKD school but it was not for me and I really didn't learn much since the instructor rarely was there. In fact my BB buddy who joined with me ended up teaching 1/2 the classes while we were there.

Anyway, I decided that I wanted to give it another shot since I'm 41 and not in the best shape of my life. I also gave up hockey, softball, basketball, volleyball and every other hobby over the years.Since I have 5 kids most of my time is spend coaching them now but I really miss the spirit of competition along with my health.

Long story short, I joined (3 month basic training) at Dion Riccardo's VMAA in Orland Illinois and I love it so far. First class had me gassed in 7 minutes but I hung in there and finished. Couldn't walk to well for 3 days after that and sprained my great toe on the mat but I'm all better and recovery was much quicker this week so I'm excited! Instructors and students all seem very well mannered and helpful.

Best part is the education on balance, footwork and hand position so far. I love the workout with an education!

I'm looking forward to adding bushido forum as a supplement to my new hobby, it looks like a great place to get info and talk MMA.

Rory Marrello D.C., C.C.S.P.

There are quite a few of us in our foeties on the board, glad to have you.

Comment

I officially celebrated my 15th anniversary of being 25 years old.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X