GKR Karate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GKR Karate

Anyone else have experience of these jokers?

http://www.gkrkarate.com

Serch funxun nub

Comment

ah fuck search, I want someone to listen to my story! and possibly sympathise and say "there, there the bad man has gone now, everything is going to be ok"

Comment

you might find what you're after in ymas. gkr already has a bunch of mabs threads

Comment

cheers mate, just did a search, tonight was exactly how other people have described their sales pitch.

Comment

Hey :) ...GKR is run buy a complete bullshit artist named robert sullivan, 2nd dan under tino cebrano. but of coarse holds a 6th dan in his style of karate that is largely based on the style of karate (goju) tino taugh him. I personaly know a man high up in his marketing system who has told me alot about him. he lives in adelade, australia and owns a sprinkler company that just went bust. GKR PROMISES a 1st dan with 12months of training.

I have attended a GKR seminar
            Watched 2 GKR classes
            Know a high ranking marketing guy
            and have had a GKR representative try to sell me GKR
            and my father (a judoka) had the same experience.
            additionaly i have bin asked to instruct for them eventhough they didnt know the first thing about me other than that i have had 4 years of shotokan experience holding the rank of green belt (so that makes me an instructor how?)

additionaly GKR sells alot of product such as videos with kata on them (all GKR kata are taken from goju karate) and hats, pants, shirts, bags and sparring mits.

In my opinion this style is a joke and a money wheel.
            I strongly urge everybody to steer clear and hold your wallet tight.

hope i have given some insight.

Comment

I see you've had Judo and other training. So, go to the school and drop the "Sensei" on his head and kill him.
              "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Or just crank his joints until they don't work any more. Let him feel pain and lots of it. And then make him feel more pain and when you think he's had enough, then hurt him some more.

Comment

Yeah, these people are a joke. They have no idea. As i've heard, your first experience with contact sparring is when you're made to do a competition. No practice before the comp, just have to learn quickly i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by ty5 View Post
                    ah fuck search, I want someone to listen to my story! and possibly sympathise and say "there, there the bad man has gone now, everything is going to be ok"
                    Thread Redeemed.
                    Originally posted by Judoka_UK
                    Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Comment

Yeah, I sat in on a class once. They let me have a trial class for free. Anyway, apparently my technique was too forceful and I hit to hard in sparing. WTF. I thought that martial arts were for being able to protect your self. I was so disgusted. Now I can't help but to laugh at it all.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X