Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been here on and off for a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been here on and off for a while...

But since I don't remember doing much posting, I figure I oughta start here.

I'm about to start training in JKD with one of my friends who is a level 2 teacher. I'm not taking it to "LERN 2 FITE LIEK BRUCE LEE OMG," I'm just starting there because I don't have the resources to start anywhere else. I've read a lot into what Bruce Lee has said and taught and what JKD is about, so it seems like a good place to start with me. My friends get together every saturday and do some training(no head/groin shots, don't break bones, etc.) with no pads. It's fun but I'd like to better myself and JKD seems to be the right place. Am I right? Wrong? Any thoughts as to where I should go from here?

JKD has been diluted, polluted and reconstituted too many times to say if your friend's brand of JKD is good or not. See if you can post some videos of one of the training sessions, particularly the sparring. If you're not getting locked into a contract there's certainly no harm in checking it out. You can always switch later if it's not what you thought it would be.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X