I dunno target the teacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno target the teacher

Want to know what is wrong with a student, find the teacher he has spent the most time with and study his training and teachings. Apparently, Mr. Brinn's teacher who says he was a good karate student and earned his belt, started the Christian Karate thing years ago. Mr. Dozier use to have it on his website touting his Christian Karate, even had signs made to that effect. He has taken that down. The only thing you will see now is maybe a cross stationed at the top right corner, if that is still there. (He use to call himself "Karate Expert") Mr. Dozier himself touted Christian karate as a means not to become physical. As a matter of fact, he verbally calls it violence. Those in the know, knows he only does that because he has no true physical fight skills. So this has been his way of getting around it all these years. He mislead people for years, teaching tae bo style aerobics as real kickboxing. He no longer does that. He constantly jumps on the "all the rage" bandwagon. He is a very polite spoken person as long as he thinks he can get away with things. I am very saddened to say he is not as Christian as he has led people to believe and puts other people down and backstabs them. He breaks at least 3 of the 10 commandments on a regular basis. And this is the person who has nurtured Mr. Brinn all these years. You will not find these things out by a phone call or web page...sorry. Therefore, what can you expect from Mr. Brinn?
    Last edited by TruthorDare; 11/07/2009 7:10pm, .

There is good and bad in everyone. You just see it more pronounced in some. Or maybe there is more bad there than good, and people talk more about the bad stuff than the good stuff. Sometimes, it is an ego problem. Ooops, did I say EGO?

Comment

Oh I dunno, maybe growing a pair of balls and questioning it? It's like saying fat people can't help themselves because their parents forced bad diets on them so they can't change or kids who get beat or abused can't be good kids because they are too fucked up in the head...really?

It's not like Mr. Dozier is threatening him everyday or beating him or has some financial dominance over him like in some abusive spouse relationships.

Ego though, yes, I can go with that though ^_^.

Comment

I'd like to see some more proof of the allegations made against Mr. Dozier.

Looking at http://www.jd-karate.com/, the front page of the site appears identical to the state it was in back in Feb, 2007 - see http://web.archive.org/web/200702121...jd-karate.com/ (granted, none of the subpages appear to be archived).

Are you (TruthorDare) suggesting that Dozier is overstating his own qualifications on his website? Most of his achievements are probably check-able.

i.e.:
        • Expert Child-Adult Instructor
        • Doctorate Degree Education
        • U.S. Olympic Candidate
        • Top Ten in Japan Karate in US
        • Former Chairman NC AAU
        • Christian Karate Instructor

Note, that the 'Christian Karate' thing is still overtly stated.

If you make a claim, you need to back it up. This is not to say that I'm accusing you of being a liar (really, I'm not) - but the blunt truth of it is that you could be anyone, from an ex-student with a grudge against Dozier, to one of Brinn's guys looking to make excuses for Soke (or even Brinn himself posting incognito), to some random interweb troll posting from a different continent. It's very easy to be a mud-slinging pseudonym on the internet.

So, yeah - it would help the investigation if you could go into more detail. Otherwise, your claims are likely to be brushed off.

Comment

Doctorate Degree Education
          LOLLAGE, now I havent checked or anything, but the wording says to me,"I attended, but didn't finish"

Likewise:

U.S. Olympic Candidate
          As what? a cleaner for the village?

or:

Expert Child-Adult Instructor
          What does that even mean? Is there really a qualification in that?

Top Ten in Japan Karate in US
          LOLWUT?

Christian Karate Instructor
          But i'm religious and that, so it's ok.

Comment

According to http://en.allexperts.com/e/g/go/goju-shorin.htm , Goju-Shorin is some sort of North Carolinan fusion style.

This didn't click before - but http://www.gojushorin.com/ is another Brinnsite.

Dozier's site is #1 on Google for the style too, FWIW.

Comment

MMA Cross Training Center of Raleigh - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Comment

Christian Karate? How does that compare to Jewish Kung Fu?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAardvark View Post
                  Christian Karate? How does that compare to Jewish Kung Fu?
                  The latter does not accept Gong Sau on Saturdays.

Comment

Think, most behaviour is learned. If you learn bullshit, you teach bullshit, simply because you know no better. Is that not the way it works???

Comment

Originally posted by Norimasu View Post
                      Think, most behaviour is learned. If you learn bullshit, you teach bullshit, simply because you know no better. Is that not the way it works???
                      What is your relation ship to TruthorDare?

Also, was Brinn an orphan? Where were his parent during all of this behavior?

Yes, there are influences but, ultimately it is down to the parents.

Why are you trying to disparage another instructor who, was never brought up during nearly 3000 posts including culled threads?
                      Last edited by It is Fake; 11/08/2009 12:49pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Norimasu View Post
                        It's the ignorance vs. stupidity thing again.

If you get taught bullshit, there's a good chance that you'll go on to earnestly teach bullshit due to ignorance. Ignorant people try to solve the ignorance problem once they realize that they are ignorant.

The stupidity begins when one refuses to contemplate the idea that one is teaching bullshit when it is suggested/pointed out by numerous other people - when in response, one immediately assumes that any critic or questioning voice is automagically wrong by default ("becuase I have teh r3al and I'm teh RIGHT!"), goes on the defensive and begins to spout the standard learned dogma straight from the bowels, do not pass brain, or starts up with the 'I can't help it! This is the way it was taught to me! This is all I know!' cop outs, instead of exploring the possibility of 'trying to do something to not teach bullshit'. Stupid people are incapable of being wrong or being seen to back down or lose face.

That's assuming that all this stuff about Brinn's master isn't just a cowardly bollocks attempt at a diversionary tactic.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to inform Mr. Dozier of this thread and allow him his $0.02 on the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post

That's assuming that all this stuff about Brinn's master isn't just a cowardly bollocks attempt at a diversionary tactic.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to inform Mr. Dozier of this thread and allow him his $0.02 on the situation?
                          That's why this will be moved to the YMAS thread.

There is a certain point where, as an adult, you take responsibility for your own actions. Brinn loves to throw his age around as some type of equalizer. Well he is closing in on forty, what ToD and Norm are posting are nothing more than excuses.

Also, I do find it funny someone was crying about lies and misinformation. Yet, his "brother" plus a few others are doing it as well.

Oh wait, people here provided facts, information, websites, pictures, and Jason's own words.

So, it really isn't the same.

The people accusing his previously unnamed teacher, of creating/teaching Brinn his BS, are adding nothing but ad-homs and blame.

Hmmm I wonder which one looks more like slander?

Hypocrites.
                          Last edited by It is Fake; 11/08/2009 2:10pm, .

Comment

They also seem to be equating Mr. Dozier's 'Christian Karate' with what Brinn is trying to do.

Meh, it's like comparing apples to horses. There's a world of difference between 'martial arts+religion' (say, if your priest/preacher is also your martial arts teacher and the lessons are held in the church hall), 'martial arts taught by a religious guy' and a 'martial arts religion'.

btw, IIF - could you remove the 'dozier' tag that someone has seen fit to slap on this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
                              They also seem to be equating Mr. Dozier's 'Christian Karate' with what Brinn is trying to do.

Meh, it's like comparing apples to horses. There's a world of difference between 'martial arts+religion' (say, if your priest/preacher is also your martial arts teacher and the lessons are held in the church hall), 'martial arts taught by a religious guy' and a 'martial arts religion'.
                              Not to mention the fact that a priest is qualified to create his own take on religion + MA, while someone with no realistic training in the field of religion other than familiarity...
                              =================
                              Kama Sutra blue belt.

Originally posted by Emevas
                              I used to fuck guys like you in prison.
                              Originally posted by Rock Ape
                              Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X