The Future of BJJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Future of BJJ

My 6-year old son who is a 2-stripe white belt (and based on rank a senior to Jason Brinn) having one of the best nights of his life.

This is the 3rd time he got to hang out with Royce and they have developed quite the rapport.

I can't speak highly enough of Royce and his ability to connect w/ people of all levels and ages. He spent so much time playing w/ my boy that it is amazing.

My son is already asking me when the next time Royce is going to be in town so that they can play.

So yes...my boy is the future of BJJ and already has his heart set on a black belt buy the time he is 18...and according to his coach a world championship by the time he is 21.
    Attached Files

That's awesome man! Really goes to show Royce's heart, I bet he had as much fun as your munchkin did ;).

Comment

When your kid is 16 and tells you that you aren't cool, show him this picture. Then make him apologize by mowing the lawn.

Comment

Your son just tapped out Royce

Comment

That is just precious.

Seriously.

That is precious.

Comment

This is awesome! If only we all would have had the opportunity to find Jiu-Jitsu at that age. I can't WAIT to see what he's capable of even by the time he's 16!

Comment

You are a good dad. My oldest son is still pissed that I took my wife to see Stevie Ray Vaughn instead of him. It's been about twenty years and he still brings it up.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeFan View Post
                I think this means that he just became a soke.

Comment

Crap, is there anybody that doesn't have better jiu jitsu than me? My four year old tried to sink in an RNC on me the other day, as I flipped him off me he managed to transition to an armbar before he hit the ground.

BTW, you sound like a really involved dad. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeFan View Post
                    So if I beat his child, does that mean technically I'm better than Royce?
                    Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

Comment

Originally posted by marcusdbrutus View Post
                      So if I beat his child, does that mean technically I'm better than Royce?
                      Yes. Yes, I believe it does.

Hey Vorpal - do you have a dog?

YouTube- bjj vs dog

Comment

i hope my son is as cool as yours one day

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words. I'm proud to say my boy really does love BJJ and I didn't even push him into it (that much). My 3 year-old daughter can't wait to start and often comes to the kid's class and participates as much as she can (I've got great pics of her trying to shrimp). She's got her eye on a hot pink gi so it won't be long for her too!

I spent my whole life playing football, baseball and basketball and have nothing to show from it other than injuries and shattered dreams of going pro. If my kids can stick to BJJ and develop something that can stick with them their whole lives I'll consider my efforts a great success. Besides, I don't want my kids to be 36 years old and getting tapped out by ex-college wrestlers like I currently am! :5bouncy:

Comment

Originally posted by white_kimbo View Post
                            i hope my son is as cool as yours one day
                            And I can only hope my beard is as nice as yours someday my friend!

Comment

That's awesome your boy got meet Royce!

He always did come off as a stand up guy in his interviews, IMO.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X