Mail for Moose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    I know I'm going to regret this question entirely...but were you ever enlisted?
    yeah, I enlisted in the Marine Corps in Oct.2005, maybe 2006 (can't remember off the top of my head). Didn't ship till Feb. Got thru first phase and broke on the OC (compressed T12).

I don't call myself a Marine and don't present myself as ever being one but I know when people are being dicks for the sake of being fun and when people are being dicks for the sake of being dicks.

I'm not trying to fight with you or come off as a dick myself, I just seriously thought this was all a joke (wrt sending gag gifts), that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by animlmthr View Post
      yeah, I enlisted in the Marine Corps in Oct.2005, maybe 2006 (can't remember off the top of my head). Didn't ship till Feb. Got thru first phase and broke on the OC (compressed T12).

I don't call myself a Marine and don't present myself as ever being one but I know when people are being dicks for the sake of being fun and when people are being dicks for the sake of being dicks.

I'm not trying to fight with you or come off as a dick myself, I just seriously thought this was all a joke (wrt sending gag gifts), that's all.
      First, I'm sorry to hear all of that...it truly sucks. I'd call you a Marine simply for manning up and toeing the line. You didn't wash out...

Second, it's nothing more than a little rough play welcoming someone into our "brotherhood." It also lets him know that we're thinking of him. Trust me...stupid things make the world go 'round when you're in that place...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
        First, I'm sorry to hear all of that...it truly sucks. I'd call you a Marine simply for manning up and toeing the line. You didn't wash out...

Second, it's nothing more than a little rough play welcoming someone into our "brotherhood." It also lets him know that we're thinking of him. Trust me...stupid things make the world go 'round when you're in that place...

Thanks man, but I have to admit, I enlisted for purely selfish reasons; nothing to do with stepping up for a cause or "doing the right thing"- so I always feel funny when people say similar things to what you said (in bold).
        Though you're right, I didn't wash out and I am still a total USMC LARPer, wearing camo nearly every other day (in fact, I'm wearing my red Poolie shirt right now!); it's pathetic.

But wait, I still must not be getting it. When you say brotherhood, are you talking about the Marine Corps or some sub-cult of Bullshido? If it's the former, I totally understand (and so should ol' Moosey) but if it's the latter, what does Bullshido members sending dumbass crap to Moose, while he's in the toughest basic training program in the country no less, have to do with...anything?

Comment

Yeah, hazing from professional soldiers, from Marines. That's cool, that's what's expected if you want to join their club.
          Hazing by Bullshido members (in the form of sending stupid, unnecessary, irrelevant shit) is retarded and frankly, rude.

But again, anybody that wants to do such, go for it.
          I honestly thought most of this thread was all talk, for jest but that seems to not be necessarily true; my misunderstanding.
          Because me making him do a few pushups is a completely out of proportion reaction to him jeopardizing my career, when he only had my personal contact information in the first place because I wanted to help him talk out his military options. Clearly, I'm overreacting.
          "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
            Because me making him do a few pushups is a completely out of proportion reaction to him jeopardizing my career, when he only had my personal contact information in the first place because I wanted to help him talk out his military options. Clearly, I'm overreacting.

nonono...I knew I should have made a Cassius disclaimer in my earlier posts!

IMO, you have a valid reason/s, so haze away. None of my comments meant to include legitimate disputes/unfinished business against Moose.

sending gag gifts for the fuck of it seems retarded to me, that's all. Sorry to lump you into my gross generalization.

Comment

But wait, I still must not be getting it. When you say brotherhood, are you talking about the Marine Corps or some sub-cult of Bullshido? If it's the former, I totally understand (and so should ol' Moosey) but if it's the latter, what does Bullshido members sending dumbass crap to Moose, while he's in the toughest basic training program in the country no less, have to do with...anything?
              It's just people who share a common history and/or...that's all...

Comment

Yeah...geez. Why do you have to be a douche all the time *exasperated sigh* You don't even like cuddling anymore...:icon_eek:

Comment

nonono...I knew I should have made a Cassius disclaimer in my earlier posts!

IMO, you have a valid reason/s, so haze away. None of my comments meant to include legitimate disputes/unfinished business against Moose.

sending gag gifts for the fuck of it seems retarded to me, that's all. Sorry to lump you into my gross generalization.
                  Fair enough. My bad for overreacting. In all seriousness, where I am right now, he would owe me a lot more than a few pushups. But I recognize the fact that civilians don't know any better, especially 18 year old civilians. Which is why I'm just going to fuck his day up. Because I could call in a favor, and ruin at least a week.
                  "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

So, in all seriousness, would this already be too hard?

http://www.gayparentmag.com/

www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

^^^Brilliant. It is creepy as fuck and so off the hetero path the DI might find it funny. That or Derek gone come out of the boot with some killer pecs.

Comment

animlmthr, when i was in boot, there were some days that i completely flew under the radar and didn't draw a bit of wrath nor praise from the RDCs and i still had to push for somebody else messing up.

i would have loved to have pushed over something funny to off set pushing because somebody else didn't fold their skivies properly.

Comment

My opinion, if you've gone through basic training yourself, you have earned the right to fuck with Moose while he's there because you know what fucking with him entails.

That is messed up. I doubt you'll ever have that problem again though.

If Moose makes it down here to hang with Zapruder and myself, I will help him understand how stupid his actions were, preferably on the mat.
                          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

So, I'm guessing it's a 'No' with greetings from Brighton then...

Comment

Yeah, and the bottle of lube with the 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' label is REALLY out.

Comment

When I went through bootcamp, everything sent to a recruit was received by the recruit. Whether or not he gets to keep/have it is another discussion, but that's not really the point of sending him 2 lbs of fudge and in a pink box covered in shiny heart stickers addressed to Sgt Maj Moose from the CO of 1st Civ Div, Couch Battalion, Homefront, Texas.

I hope he likes the perfume I picked out for him.

This is how Marines play.

Push, Recruit.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X