Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing Chun in a "street fight" video

http://www.todaysbigfail.com/view/20091013

Don't know if this has been posted before. Looks like the chun, and at least the guy managed to not get killed while using it, so kudos on that.

Let the drama begin.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Seen that already.It looks more like some kind of krotty to me.

Comment

Not sure if this has been on the boards yet, but apparently full on, movie style kung fu works against stupid kids with more machismo than sense or training!

YouTube - Ninja Vs Street Fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Nefron View Post
        Seen that already.It looks more like some kind of krotty to me.
        I dunno, the pidgeon toes and hand placement looks like chun to me. And the vertical fist.
        "Emevas,
        You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

It was already posted somewhere, though I can't be bothered to figure out where. He is a karate and jujitsu guy.

Comment

Not wing chun. A wing chun guy would have hit him w/ the lead hand.

Comment

Not wing chun. Guy does karate and jiu jistsu. (source)

Comment

Yeah, that is a standard krotty reverse punch. I am very amused on how after a few punches were thrown it looked like the chav went to try to chest bump with his arms spread out again, which promptly had him eat a fist to the face.

Comment

Sometimes speculation is more entertaining than facts.

Comment

Shitty training is probably better then no training unless the opponent is considerably stronger or more athletic.

Comment

WC has no falcon punch, only lots of foom foom fooms.

Comment

I swear I'm not teh gh3y. But I love you hitandrun. Especially for your fooming cartoons!
                        SEANBABY:
                        "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Comment

jkdbuck, I think very highly of her. What is this thread about?
                          GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                          Originally posted by Devil
                          I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                          Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                          I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

sorry for the distraction....

It is another FUCKING chun thread. But that is ok. I'm sure there are those that look at me and say "great! Another FUCKING captions thread!"
                            SEANBABY:
                            "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Comment

Originally posted by Emevas View Post
                              I dunno, the pidgeon toes and hand placement looks like chun to me. And the vertical fist.
                              The stance isn't pigeon-toed at all (pigeon-toed looks A LOT wierder than that dood), the fist was held vertically in his guard but rotated over all the way (yes I did pause spam it, but either way, standard reverse punch hip mechanics).

I'm sure how you hold your guard is a personal thing and subject to change like every other MA, but the stereotypical WC guard looks more like this:

YouTube - Ving Tzun vs Kickboxen Sparring Wing Chun Kung Fu WT Tsun

^ ^
                              Edit/P.S. Kickboxing sucks

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X