Some stand up, (boxing rules), from my club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some stand up, (boxing rules), from my club

Our stand up, only boxing rules... We actually train shorinji kempo, but sometimes we try different rule sets to test ourselves

First two clips are from my fight (getting beaten), btw, sorry for first clip, long intro...

YouTube - The fight
    YouTube - The fight

Third clip is our younger members, sluging it out.

YouTube - Fight 3

Fourth and fifth fight young fighters, really giving all they got...

YouTube - fight 2, camera 1
    YouTube - fight 2, camera 2

What do you think about it?

Originally posted by Matko View Post
    Our stand up, only boxing rules... We actually train shorinji kempo, but sometimes we try different rule sets to test ourselves

Seems to me like you've just put all the gear on to simply whale on each other with wild haymakers......

Comment

...WTF?

Comment

That dojo looks nearly as small as Mountainous' bedroom/ninja den.

Comment

Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

Comment

Well at least props for stepping up and pressure testing your stuff. Tbh I didn't think that it looked that bad, but there was a fair amount of flailing going on. Maybe try working off the jab.

Just as small question, does your style focus on hands or does it include, kicks, low kicks, clinching knees etc.

Comment

AHHH! Flying weak haymakers....

Comment

Originally posted by marcusdbrutus View Post

That... is creepy as hell... what is it????
                Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Originally posted by Matko View Post

First two clips are from my fight (getting beaten), btw, sorry for first clip, long intro...

Well let me think about it .

Originally posted by sainthamish View Post
                  Seems to me like you've just put all the gear on to simply whale on each other with wild haymakers......
                  That was harsh ...

o.k. ... maybe that wasn't harsh ...

... but let me leave some constructive advise .

Start with the feet .

Foot work , you see , is very important . You ( the OP ) need it .

Props for posting the video tho .

as a side note the color is off on the monitor I am using . I think I am seeing green as black or something .

Comment

Originally posted by BigKovacs View Post
                    That... is creepy as hell... what is it????
                    Understanding Joshua.

Using a humanoid puppet he calls "complete fragility manifest in a body," White presents human frailty through a fictional character, much as a novelist might.
                    The pictures are all over the internet, some of them are really powerful, almost tear-jerking, when you take the time to look at them. NSFW, most of them, I guess.

Comment

Why do you guys train in the back of a city van?

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                        Understanding Joshua.

The pictures are all over the internet, some of them are really powerful, almost tear-jerking, when you take the time to look at them. NSFW, most of them, I guess.

I followed the link and did a quick google. I'm surprised I've never seen any of his work before, or of 'Joshua' specifically. It's horrible and actually really good, partly for the composition and partly for the brilliant model making of Joshua.
                        Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Yeah, at first they look horrible, but then you begin noticing the composition, and then it all comes: the frailty, the awkwardness, the isolation, the sense of not belonging... those pics can be very touching if you come across them at certain moments in your life... ah, but we're hickjacking the thread and Bullshido is not the place to discuss such things, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                            Yeah, at first they look horrible, but then you begin noticing the composition, and then it all comes: the frailty, the awkwardness, the isolation, the sense of not belonging... those pics can be very touching if you come across them at certain moments in your life... ah, but we're hickjacking the thread and Bullshido is not the place to discuss such things, sorry.
                            The modelling and context makes him look eager at first but then at a closer look, scared or uncertain at best. Thanks for the heads up and I'll have a better google later. But yeah, best not to hi-jack.

Regards to the OP, it was pretty messy but at leasy you're putting stuff up and it's under pressure. Fair play.

It couldn't have been nice boxing on crash mats though. I take it there isn't enough hard surface in the gym for it?
                            Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Well, we do flail all around... Clips are from couple of years ago... We did get better... :) At that moment we were all bunch of newbies... And rules are that their aren't any rounds or clinching. And continue until judge(coach) stops it, or either of combatants quits. No points, no split decisions... :)

My style has kicks, judo and grappling techniques, but we try out this full contact fights usually only with striking techniques especially with newbies to minimize injuries.

Just recently we had grappling tournament, no weight limits... If you are interested some pics from there...

http://shaolin.hr/galerija/dom035.htm

I'm the guy trying to get triangle..

http://shaolin.hr/galerija/dom080.htm

Winner of tournament

http://shaolin.hr/galerija/dom021.htm
                              http://shaolin.hr/galerija/dom032.htm
                              http://shaolin.hr/galerija/dom015.htm

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X