Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BJJ in a street fight video - your opinions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    BJJ in a street fight video - your opinions

    Hi all,

    just found this video on Fox news:
    http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/gordo/2...-times-square/#

    From what what I have seen in this vid is that the cab driver dodges the other guy's punch and then uses a very good single leg on him. He subsequently begins to choke the guy while on his back.

    The full story is here:
    MYFOXNY.COM - A pedicab operator and a taxi driver got into a brawl in the middle of traffic on Broadway near Times Square Monday morning. A Fox 5 News crew happened to be there and captured the fight on camera.
    Veteran Fox 5 photojournalist Al Daughtry was shooting video for a story Reid Lamberty was reporting about the price of taxi cab medallions.
    It isn't clear what sparked the fight, but the pedicab operator threw a cup of coffee at the cab. The driver of the taxi cab pulled his car into the path of the bike, running into it.

    The cab driver came out and the two men threw down right in the middle of the intersection of Broadway and 53rd Street.

    Reid Lamberty and a photographer from Entertainment Tonight, who was covering the David Letterman story outside the Ed Sullivan Theater, stepped in to break up the fight.

    The two men then continued their verbal assault at each other. The pedicab driver picked up a waste basket and hurled it at the taxi cab driver, missing him but spilling garbage into the street.
    The pedicab driver wanted to get away, but the cabbie tried to stop him. The pedicab rode the wrong way on 53rd Street, then up a sidewalk, and down 7th Avenue.

    Police responded moments later and interviewed the taxicab driver, but the pedicab operator was gone.

    --
    Your thoughts? Is this BJJ?

    I am assuming that the winner in this match is trained because I have never seen an untrained man dodge a punch and pull off a good single leg like and then try to end it with a choke.

    Also, since I am still quite new in Bullshido, how do I get a picture next to my username?

    #2
    Originally posted by youngfolk11 View Post
    Hi all,

    just found this video on Fox news:
    http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/gordo/2...-times-square/#

    From what what I have seen in this vid is that the cab driver dodges the other guy's punch and then uses a very good single leg on him. He subsequently begins to choke the guy while on his back.

    The full story is here:
    MYFOXNY.COM - A pedicab operator and a taxi driver got into a brawl in the middle of traffic on Broadway near Times Square Monday morning. A Fox 5 News crew happened to be there and captured the fight on camera.
    Veteran Fox 5 photojournalist Al Daughtry was shooting video for a story Reid Lamberty was reporting about the price of taxi cab medallions.
    It isn't clear what sparked the fight, but the pedicab operator threw a cup of coffee at the cab. The driver of the taxi cab pulled his car into the path of the bike, running into it.

    The cab driver came out and the two men threw down right in the middle of the intersection of Broadway and 53rd Street.

    Reid Lamberty and a photographer from Entertainment Tonight, who was covering the David Letterman story outside the Ed Sullivan Theater, stepped in to break up the fight.

    The two men then continued their verbal assault at each other. The pedicab driver picked up a waste basket and hurled it at the taxi cab driver, missing him but spilling garbage into the street.
    The pedicab driver wanted to get away, but the cabbie tried to stop him. The pedicab rode the wrong way on 53rd Street, then up a sidewalk, and down 7th Avenue.

    Police responded moments later and interviewed the taxicab driver, but the pedicab operator was gone.

    --
    Your thoughts? Is this BJJ?

    I am assuming that the winner in this match is trained because I have never seen an untrained man dodge a punch and pull off a good single leg like and then try to end it with a choke.

    Also, since I am still quite new in Bullshido, how do I get a picture next to my username?

    One: I'd bet that its set up,

    two, you don't. Unless you post 1000 times, or pay 20 bucks for a supporting membership.

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Originally posted by sochin101
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
    I agree with moosey

    Comment


      #3
      It doesn't look like a setup to me, more like a semi-sloppy street fight. I think it's more likely the pedicab driver has a little bit of wrestling. That was a decent single-leg, he seemed to have a good base on the ground and didn't give his opponent any space, but the choke was sloppy. I think someone with a decent amount of experience, even 6+ months, would have tried to work for hooks if they were trying for an RNC. Notice the pedicab driver leaves his right leg on or in between the cab driver's legs on the ground, rather than trying to walk his hips up for better control.

      Comment


        #4
        the cab driver, sounded kind of middle eastern to me... i bet he had judo training. i think he definitely knew what he was doing. most people do not try to choke someone when they get them on the ground. they tend to spaz out and try to pound them out. i bet judo. and he went for the lapel choke as soon as it went down. and in that situation, i dont think he needed hooks. especially not on concrete. better to keep your feet under you.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
          two, you don't. Unless you post 1000 times, or pay 20 bucks for a supporting membership.
          Thank you.
          Last edited by youngfolk11; 10/07/2009 12:35am, .

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by potatowned View Post
            the cab driver, sounded kind of middle eastern to me... i bet he had judo training. i think he definitely knew what he was doing. most people do not try to choke someone when they get them on the ground. they tend to spaz out and try to pound them out. i bet judo. and he went for the lapel choke as soon as it went down. and in that situation, i dont think he needed hooks. especially not on concrete. better to keep your feet under you.
            what does being middle-eastern have to do with judo?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by DarkXacreD View Post
              what does being middle-eastern have to do with judo?
              It's popular over there. Typically Middle Eastern countries, Slavic, and West European countries do well in wrestling and judo. He did pretty judo things.

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judo_at...ummer_Olympics

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by potatowned View Post
                the cab driver, sounded kind of middle eastern to me... i bet he had judo training. i think he definitely knew what he was doing. most people do not try to choke someone when they get them on the ground. they tend to spaz out and try to pound them out. i bet judo. and he went for the lapel choke as soon as it went down. and in that situation, i dont think he needed hooks. especially not on concrete. better to keep your feet under you.
                Yeah, it's definitely judo. I mean, fuck, he's middle eastern, they practically invented fucking Judo there.

                That other motherfucker went down easy, so I guess he was probably trained in BJJ. You see how he keeps only one hip on the ground, like he's getting ready to shrimp out of mount? Yeah, textbook fuckin' BJJ. Motherfucker didn't pull guard though, so he's definitely not training gi jiu jitsu.

                And the guy in the suit that came up after, well he's definitely trained in cornering. You see how he was saying to the guy on bottom "come on, get up, get up, get up!". All the best cornermen do this, you can watch Rampage on TUF if you don't believe me.

                A very good show from both sides. It's good to see the ref stepping in to stop it and stand them back up when there wasn't much progress on the ground. But they need to get their permits and shit so the fucking po-po's don't come and lock their events down.

                I liked the using of cars to mark the ring. And the asphalt flooring was a nice touch too.

                Anyone knows when this promotion is setting up another fucking street show?
                Originally posted by Goju - joe
                being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by The Question View Post
                  .

                  Anyone knows when this promotion is setting up another fucking street show?
                  I'm not sure, I think Dana White is going to give the Judo guy a 3 fight conract. The other guy just began training with Eddie Bravo to get his ground game better.

                  As for a next fight? Fox News filmed it so I'm guessing you'll have to call Bill O'Reily for a schedule. He is still negotiating with Dana White for a better deal. But Dana White's plan is to get the Judo guy up with Lyoto Machida.

                  Also, for a better vid:

                  YouTube - Pedicab Operator and Taxi Driver Brawl on Broadway on Fox 5 News
                  Last edited by youngfolk11; 10/07/2009 2:04am, .

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Guy charges at guy, guy grabs leg, guys fall over and both guys roll around.....Wow..
                    Better start a thread......Oh hold on.....

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by sainthamish View Post
                      Guy charges at guy, guy grabs leg, guys fall over and both guys roll around.....Wow..
                      Better start a thread......Oh hold on.....
                      yeah...go ahead...it's awesome news

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by The Question View Post
                        Yeah, it's definitely judo. I mean, fuck, he's middle eastern, they practically invented fucking Judo there.

                        That other motherfucker went down easy, so I guess he was probably trained in BJJ. You see how he keeps only one hip on the ground, like he's getting ready to shrimp out of mount? Yeah, textbook fuckin' BJJ. Motherfucker didn't pull guard though, so he's definitely not training gi jiu jitsu.

                        And the guy in the suit that came up after, well he's definitely trained in cornering. You see how he was saying to the guy on bottom "come on, get up, get up, get up!". All the best cornermen do this, you can watch Rampage on TUF if you don't believe me.

                        A very good show from both sides. It's good to see the ref stepping in to stop it and stand them back up when there wasn't much progress on the ground. But they need to get their permits and shit so the fucking po-po's don't come and lock their events down.

                        I liked the using of cars to mark the ring. And the asphalt flooring was a nice touch too.

                        Anyone knows when this promotion is setting up another fucking street show?
                        The question is, who won?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Purpleskunk View Post
                          The question is, who won?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by sainthamish View Post

                            You know it!

                            The reason why the middle easterner got off the guy was because Chuck was giving him his death glare:


                            But he didin't know Chuck was there...Chuck Norris controls all acts of combat.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              But seriously guys, what do you think of the video?

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X