This might be the beginning of the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be the beginning of the end

So I was looking for Martial arts schools around the Central New York region, nursing my shoulder when I happened upon this:

http://www.mmaplayground.com/register/

So apparently, there is fantasy MMA league in addition to fantasy football. Has anybody heard about this?

I believe that there are many different websites with a variation of "Fantasy" elements........From what I have heard the being able to "Wager" against other users for the outcome of fights is extremely popular.....I am also under the impression some sites allow you to pick a "Stable" of fighters in varying weight divisions with point allocation depending on fighter results.....

Comment

Originally posted by serge68 View Post
      So I was looking for Martial arts schools around the Central New York region, nursing my shoulder when I happened upon this:

http://www.mmaplayground.com/register/

So apparently, there is fantasy MMA league in addition to fantasy football. Has anybody heard about this?

What city in Central New York....

Comment

Team Bullshido
        We're #1 (what do you mean wrong finger?)
        Formed Jan 14, 2007
        51 members
        7013-4679 collective record (60%)

Camp rank and member count is current as of UFC 103
        " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

I just managed to stay in the top 5 points leaders on Team Bullshido this season!

We could use more active players, so join up now!
          Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
          - Voltaire

Comment

The city that I saw it for was Fayettville. I was looking for MA schools in the CNY area that'd be up for perhaps participating in an exhibition at my school for my club. It was a Judo academy of some such.

Comment

When it started, we let them advertise here a bit and even sent some people their way to beat up on the Sherdoggers. Omega lead the charge, and Wolf had some kind of spectacular record.

I'd imagine that there are fewer hardcore fans/fighters over there these days.

Comment

That Judo school allied itself with Sherdog? Was there a Dojo crash or something?

Comment

So I was looking for Martial arts schools around the Central New York region....
                  Dear god, why?

The city that I saw it for was Fayettville. I was looking for MA schools in the CNY area that'd be up for perhaps participating in an exhibition at my school for my club. It was a Judo academy of some such.
                  *laughs*

Fayetteville is a little rich-snob suburb of a has-been city called Syracuse.

Continuing.

The only decent schools in CNY are as follows:

- Tai-Kai BJJ in Syracuse(http://syracusejiu-jitsu.com/)
                  - A Hung Gar school under Sifu Sharif Bey (http://www.myspace.com/syracusekf)
                  - A Judo dojo, run out of a karate studio, in Syracuse.
                  - A 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu School run by the old MMA coach from Tai Kai

Outside of those schools, good luck. There's a million strip mall TKD/Krotty places

There's a decent MMA gym out in Cortland (about 30 minutes outside of Syracuse) called WNY MMA other then that.... I know of no other decent schools in and around Syracuse.
                  Last edited by ignatzami; 10/09/2009 1:03pm, .
                  I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Comment

it's a good site because you basically get prediction stats on every fight.

what's really interesting is when the mmaplayground voters disagree with the betting line.

Comment

I've been a consistent player over there since the intial charge by General Omega. Currently #1 in points on team BS bitches!
                      安氏八极拳学生

Comment

Thank Goodness, I thought this was going to be another 2012 thread.

Comment

...You just had to go there:

YouTube - 2012 - Trailer #2

But seriously folks...

Comment

...You just had to go there:

YouTube - 2012 - Trailer #2

But seriously folks...
                            thats movie is so retartededly epic, reminds me of this
                            look at 0:33

YouTube - Tropic Thunder fake trailers

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X