Newbie in Newbietown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie in Newbietown

Allo guys, just started Wing Chun (First ever martial arts experiance) and Have been doing it for a month now, and I love it!

Went looking around and found this forum, so Hi. :)

Funny, My Sigung learnt from William Cheung, then later on went to finish his Wing Chun with David Cheung. My Sifu learnt from David Cheung (They both teach me, awesome husband/wife combo).

Is your Wu Sao up towards your face or on heart, thats the only thing I've been confused with lineages derived from William Cheung, some have it up against the face and the others have it against the chest. My Wu Sao is up :P

Comment

Remember young ones, one of the siginiture moves is the 'chain punch' (What I like to call Machine Gun Fist lol) You can't have an effective machine gun with full body dynamics. But then if you plan to understand Wing Chun properly you wouldn't be rushing in with the 'Machine Gun punch', someone will either laugh at you, or sweep you, or both...

No the reason Wing Chun has the linear punch is thats part of the centre line strategy, your gonna want to put effective hit onto pressure points and so forth and do this continously so once you get past their guard (You should have practiced this in Sparring or on the dummy and various techniques) You need to keep the PAIN up. THeres were you can do Machine Gun punch and look cool.......

Wing Chun punch = Fast, small space and enough force to atleast cause some pain. Maybe not Knock out power but hey, tell that to Bruce Lee....

atleats, thats my strategy, my teacher might come along and prove me wrong.

Comment

is this^ ggboxer?
        Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
        -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Comment

who's ggboxer?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X