Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

BJB123455 Cull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJB123455 Cull

Originally posted by hfam95
    Not to keep harping on this, but I have spoken (through email) and this is her point. She is not the wife nor the GF. She is a daughter in-law. The guy thats kissing her is Dennis's son. Again I dont know the family history, but it does explain why she goes by the last name dennis.

Anyways, Im headed home.
    Please invite her to join the thread.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Originally posted by TFG View Post
    I am not a party to what this thread is about, I am just an observer. I noticed some disagreement on the dates of when this video was created ('84 or '91 or after) because of an issue that Blythe, supposedly didn't go to Va until '91 or after....

Well- I have a copy of a news paper article- from 1977, that places him in Va. But, I don't have attachment privileges.

The article has to do with property and is not about martial arts. It does place him in Va, though.
    Email me at [email protected]
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Originally posted by Ka-Bar
      The victim in the video didn't die, so looking for cold-case murders won't help. Plus, IIRC, the incident took place in Alexandria, VA, out side of DC Metro PD's jurisdiction, so they wouldn't post any leaflets about it.
      Apologies if I missed something, but I don't see where you get the certainty that the victim didn't die, unless it's from Blythe's claim that he didn't.

If you've ever known men like Blythe -- sociopaths -- you should know he's surely a pathological liar.

Also, if no one knows where the school is, physically, yet, unless you have info I missed, I don't understand where you're getting this certainty as to where, precisely, the incident occurred.

Zingg should know where the school was. If he isn't saying, I guess, he isn't saying.

Again, apologies if I missed the pertinent info somewhere above.

Comment

Originally posted by kiai69 View Post
        Apologies if I missed something, but I don't see where you get the certainty that the victim didn't die, unless it's from Blythe's claim that he didn't.

If you've ever known men like Blythe -- sociopaths -- you should know he's surely a pathological liar.

Also, if no one knows where the school is, physically, yet, unless you have info I missed, I don't understand where you're getting this certainty as to where, precisely, the incident occurred.

Zingg should know where the school was. If he isn't saying, I guess, he isn't saying.

Again, apologies if I missed the pertinent info somewhere above.
        If the victim did indeed die, murder charges could be filed because there is not statute of limitations on murder.

There is seemingly no information about this case or anyone involved on the Arlington, VA PD, Prince William County PD or Prince William County Sheriff's websites. If there was an unsolved murder from 1984 with video evidence posted on youtube, any one of these agencies would be foaming at the mouth to solve the case.

In that vein, has anyone bothered to forward a link to anyone of those 3 agencies or the Prince William County District Attorney?

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Comment

Originally posted by ASBELTOMATO View Post
          Blythe's student Rob Zingg mentions the Dumfries school, "From 1972 through 1984 Mr. Zingg was the Senior Assistant Instructor at Shihan Blythe's school in Dumfries, Virginia and became the school manager in 1979. In 1984 he moved to Charles Town, West Virginia, where he opened his own school." (http://www.torakendo.com/Leadership/zingg.html).

If they killed the guy, I would seriously doubt anyone would be stupid enough to ever post the video, much less ever teach again.
          Zingg could be mistaken, but that seems an unlikely spot for him to lie.

"If they killed the guy," they might not know for a fact that that was the outcome. Not knowing the outcome seems more likely to me than that Blythe followed the guy's future endeavors with interest, based on Blythe's personality. Blythe's statements after the fact are likely fabricated, intended to please the listener and leave Blythe unculpable in the listener/viewer's mind. He knows that if the guy survived, or was a criminal, somehow this decreases the danger of his audience judging him negatively.

Remember: the guy is a sociopath. He not only doesn't give a shit, he thinks you are stupid. He thinks all humans are stupid. He's hubris incarnate, yet much of what he does is aimed at covering up his own evil nature. That's what a sociopath is like, what nearly all sociopaths are like.

Comment

OK, I just finished a major review of these threads.

One post which was moved out of this thread which should be moved back is hfam95's account of this myspace message:

I just got a myspace message from this user

http://www.myspace.com/datspace77

it says

"What the hell you so worried about that video from 25yrs ago???Why the hell would you be all up our damn myspaces.You dont know what happened to those people after that.You and your little investigating friends need to get a damn life.....and stop sending that video 2 my children.Its OLD news 2 us.....they were arrested and the man did live,,and he also was fine enough 2 rob another place and went 2 jail.So get your damn facts straight b4 you go around lookin like a fool.What happens in 1984 stays in 1984 LOL at these E-Batmans tryin 2 solve the case!!;)"
            It contains two important details:

1) The claim that "they" were arrested. (Dennis and Blythe... ? also the victim?)
            2) The claim (contradictory?) that the victim was arrested for "rob[bing] another place," though the details here are left out as well.

This is all being reported by the daughter-in-law of Dennis, who has the account either from Dennis or his son.

So, apart from asking all our mystery pals who seem to know what happened (BJB, get it right, myspace daughter in law) - which we should still do - any ideas for figuring out if they were charged?

As for the dojo location, hfam95 and daredevil73 have already indicated they know exactly where it was. Instead of making educated guesses by triangulating Pizza Hut, a pharmacy, and a NAPA store, figuring out which shopping centers are in bad parts of town, or milling through gis clearinghouses for historic parcel data, we should just sit tight and let one of them give us the closest address they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Ka-Bar View Post
              Don't worry, most Americans don't know where Alexandria, Virginia is either.

I think we need to quit focusing on the criminal/law enforcement side of this as the statute of limitations has long since passed, and instead focus our efforts on gathering evidence for a civil suit. Barring that, we should get this information out to as many people as possible for the sake of publicly shaming the people involved with this.
              I've been following this thread for most of it's life and I have yet to read anything indicating that the SOL kills this case. If it has not been discovered until now you may be incorrect and I would like some authority to back up this proposition.
              "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
              1) That it doesn't work
              2) That it does work"
              -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Interesting thread(s).

I wanted to make a couple points before I head back to the forum where this came up for me (dozens of forums seem to be seeing this simultaneously over the last week - interesting to watch the varied paths).

1. Criminal Charges: There seems to have been a general acceptance that criminal charges aren't relevant in this case unless the fellow died. That isn't true. There is no criminal statute of limitations for ANY felony in Virginia (7 states are like this).

http://www.google.com/search?q=felon...tions+virginia

2. Civil Suits: Also, in terms of the civil statute of limitations -- although that would have run out, there are multiple reasons why the clock would be stopped. Both "late discovery" and "tolling" are potentially arguable - the former because the video evidence was held in secret and the latter possibly due to mental incompetence of the victim (which is a common reason for tolling, often similar to how minority is handled).

This sort of happening wasn't all that uncommon back then (the karate dojos in small towns seemed to all look/feel alike) - so my e-apathy is particularly strong. But the threads here were interesting, and I thought you'd benefit from the above info if you decide to continue the interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ka-Bar View Post
                  Statute of limitations, boys. Look it up before we all get our panties in a bunch.

There's no statute of limitations on murder charges, and I believe the same to be true for attempted murder. This easily qualifies as the latter if the poor guy is still alive.

Comment

Furthermore he would not have deleted the video and scurried away like a rat. He would have stood up, called his witnesses and had it out with us. He's obviously a confrontational asshole.
                    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
                    1) That it doesn't work
                    2) That it does work"
                    -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Originally posted by Daredevil73 View Post
                      That's the place. The Pizza Hut was also there at the time.

Also, 25 years ago, the NAPA autoparts was in the same shopping center, there was also a pharmacy that changed names at various times but was always a pharmacy. I think that's what they're talking about with regards to shoplifting and attempted pursesnatching.

I think the only business left there from the old days is a Padrino's II Pizza. That's a family owned business I believe. I'm sure whoever was running it back then will remember Blythe. Joe (the blind guy from our school) hangs out there quite a bit. The rest of the shopping center now is mostly small churches operating in the store fronts. I actually just drove past the place last night on an unrelated errand but didn't think to look over there.

And yeah, as I said in another post, the area behind that shopping center is the worst part of town. Even 25 years ago. It had the largest open air drug market in VA at one point.
                      From the looks of street view Dumfries Shopping Plaza is the place. It looks like a lot of the shots from the female body guard piece were filmed there. Also, the store fronts look like they match up to the pan shot where the three women walk out of Blythe's Martial Arts Studio. Is there anyway someone can get some closer shots of the building fronts for a side by side comparison. Knowing the exact address would help a lot and give the police a better starting point. I hesitate to suggest contacting Padrino's simply because if they were around back then they may have ties to Blythe and it could interfere with the coming police investigation.

Comment

Wait, so, now the story is that he was defending his son's honor? I'm sorry, but bullshit. If not bullshit, then a danger to his own child.

First off, there was no mention by Blythe within the description of the video or the video itself, of the victim threatening a child. Just questioning a confused person of his apparent "spiritual" martial arts experience. You would think that would make it in.

Also, I don't care how delusional a guy may be, but he wouldn't accept an invitation into a dojo where the father of a threatened child is attending.

Not to mention, that if this was in fact Dennis defending his child, he sucks ass at doing so. He had to wait for the victim to give up to do any type of damage.

Plus, what kind of example is that to set for a child? Someone threatens you, ambush them when they least suspect it. Get a crowd to watch it as well as catch it on film. Make sure to have it all planned out so that your MA master makes it look and sound like we are simply disproving this person's martial art fantasies?

Total hogwash.

Comment

I am pretty shure the video was edited before uploading to youtube. The original video that Bobby Joe Blythe has may have a lot more footage on it. I bet he filmed the guys throwing him in the dumpster and possibly filmed the cops removing him. I am convinced this guy has stuff on video that would put him away for a long time. I showed the video to a county sheriff today and he said what he saw looked like attempt of murder. He also said with something like that these guys could still be charged. This damn Bobby Joe Blythe and Willie J Dennis has taken up a lot of people's time this week and I hope the hard work pays off. If something does happen with the police do you think we will even hear about it?

Comment

sorry - same vid posted above didn't see until after I reviewed (edit)

I think this is a 'decent' comparison if you strictly look at the physics involved. Obviously not concrete and stomps from a karateka but the guy got wrecked worse than many fights I have seen.

--

Given we established that the longer video has two different days footage on it (assault // dried blood), from a broader viewpoint I feel the sensei's attitude would not be so nonchalent the next day (or later) if he believed much less knew the kung fu guy had died. I'm not saying it's unwise to treat it as a potential homicide... certainly people have died from much less. It's also possible he was conscious five minutes later similar to the video linked above.

I just feel that it's important to temper a sense of purpose (a full, thorough investigation) with objectivity as many have done here. The few that have not, well, all the crap I wrote after the link was for you ;)
                            Last edited by krept; 8/21/2009 12:37am, .

Comment

1) Dennis went way overboard, and I can't imagine a scenario which excuses his behavior as legal or moral. Children being present, the man being threatening, etc: these are all circumstances which were inconsequential during the stomp, and sure as hell did not merit Blythe's behavior - in fact, it makes his acts more reckless and callous.

2) The video wasn't meant to get out = "I'm sorry I got caught."

3) Dennis has shown a pattern of violent behavior since then.

4) Defense from a child is meaningless, however well meant. ESPECIALLY when the parent shows violent tendencies. Children are damaged psychologically by an atmosphere of violence, whether they're abused directly or not, in such a way that they frequently go to extreme lengths to cover for / seek reconciliation with the violent parent. If people don't confront this, they don't outgrow it.

I'm not saying that's necessarily the case - but it's more than sufficient cause to require outside corroboration.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X