I got my ass kicked by a 60+ year old man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my ass kicked by a 60+ year old man

Technically i got my face punched in and now have a headache.

i went to my MT club and there was a boxing coach, who trained Olympians, so he was working on some technique with one of the guys there who was getting punched around, while that guy was recovering he asked me if i wanted to work on something, i said mainly defense and my habit of punching from a distance (i'm more used to using punches as a diversion to kicking)

so we got in the ring and worked for half an hour on my problems, during which i got punched everywhere, but i learned a lot too.

at first i felt bad i couldnt hold my own against someone who could be my grandfather, then i asked our head coach who said that he was sparring full contact with another guy who is my size but ripped with muscle everywhere, and the coach knocked him around till the other guy was dizzy so they went easier.

that old man deserves a medal and i want to be like him when i grew old, 60 years old and beating up ripped 20-something year old boys.

(My defense also sucks, but now i know how to work on it)

Originally posted by honest_truth View Post
    Technically i got my face punched in and now have a headache.

i went to my MT club and there was a boxing coach, who trained Olympians, so he was working on some technique with one of the guys there who was getting punched around, while that guy was recovering he asked me if i wanted to work on something, i said mainly defense and my habit of punching from a distance (i'm more used to using punches as a diversion to kicking)

so we got in the ring and worked for half an hour on my problems, during which i got punched everywhere, but i learned a lot too.

at first i felt bad i couldnt hold my own against someone who could be my grandfather, then i asked our head coach who said that he was sparring full contact with another guy who is my size but ripped with muscle everywhere, and the coach knocked him around till the other guy was dizzy so they went easier.

that old man deserves a medal and i want to be like him when i grew old, 60 years old and beating up ripped 20-something year old boys.

(My defense also sucks, but now i know how to work on it)
    hummm proof that Boxing is not all brute force

Comment

That's what you get for challenging Omega.

Comment

Originally posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
        That's what you get for challenging Omega.
        +1 Zing! :headbang:

Comment

The same thing happened to me in BJJ.

Comment

Never underestimate dudes with gray hair. I've learned that the hard way also.

Comment

Old man strength is hugely underrated.
              Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

Comment

This wouldn't even be worth mentioning in judo, it's different in strikeistan though, and worthy of merit.
                Originally posted by Judoka_UK
                Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by marcell View Post
                  Never underestimate dudes with gray hair. I've learned that the hard way also.

this guy learned the hard way too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-boxer-72.html

Comment

Did he look like Clint Eastwood? If so then you should have excepted an assbeating.
                    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
                    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

...gray power!!!

Comment

Originally posted by socratic View Post
                        Did he look like Clint Eastwood? If so then you should have excepted an assbeating.
                        He must have felt lucky.

Comment

"...an old man asked me if I wanted to train..."

"Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
                          ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
                          ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
                          ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Comment

I train MT with someone who says he's 70. He doesn't look 70 to me, and he sure doesn't move like he's 70. He's one of those super-active seniors you hear about on the news. He says he started Karate in the 1950's and won a bunch of tournaments.

One day he did the fitness kickboxing class before Muay Thai. As we were doing a warmup (jumping over a rope at knee height 40 times, then jump over and crawl under just touching with your hands and feet), he was starting to slow down (but still pwning most of the people there). I joked "Pete, I dunno about that fitness kickboxing...I think it's making you out of shape...you're moving like you're a 40-year-old man!"

We're pretty even in striking, but I'd give him the edge. Sneaky-old-man-southpaw style with experience.

Comment

It's a lie. I am basically made of glass. The grey hairs are a sign that I am one day away from a wheel chair. You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of.
                              "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
                              1) That it doesn't work
                              2) That it does work"
                              -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X