Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KY Throwdown 2009, Lets do it bullys

Ok Ok so Che_70b
    A very very nice gym, no mat fee. $5 donations for mat fee to the new gym would be appreciated, but we would rather have people there than your $5 (We wont even make you uncomfortable by asking for it, you wanna donate just hand it to Che_70b, he will just say thanks and smile).
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/album.php?albumid=39

1010Forest Ave Maysville KY
    <iframe width="300" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp ;q=1010+forest+ave+maysville+ky&amp;sll=38.64245,-83.745217&amp;sspn=0.007793,0.013797&amp;gl=us&amp ;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=38.650528,-83.740969&amp;spn=0.020109,0.025749&amp;z=14&amp;i wloc=A&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&a mp;q=1010+forest+ave+maysville+ky&amp;sll=38.64245 ,-83.745217&amp;sspn=0.007793,0.013797&amp;gl=us&amp ;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=38.650528,-83.740969&amp;spn=0.020109,0.025749&amp;z=14&amp;i wloc=A" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

We want you all to come out. It should be a lot of fun.

Were looking at the last Weekend of September? What day will work best for you guys FRI SAT or SUN. Fri and Sat there is mma class that evening that runs around 2 hours we would have to work around that. Sunday will work best for us, but I figure asking would work better than trying to pick a random day in hopes that everyone to drop their plans to go.

Right now were looking at
    [COLOR=#cccccc]isaac[/COLO"]No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: [email protected]@[email protected]@View Profile: isaac</title>@@[email protected]@isaac
    [COLOR=#cccccc]murderethic[/COLO"]No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: [email protected]@[email protected]@View Profile: murderethic</title>@@[email protected]@murderethic
    Che_70b
    [COLOR=#2ba8ec]blisterstarr[/COLO"]No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: [email protected]@[email protected]@View Profile: blisterstarr</title>@@[email protected]@blisterstarr
    No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: [email protected]@[email protected]@View Profile: SharkBait</title>@@[email protected]@SharkBait
    + some gym members

I would like to see [COLOR=#2ba8ec]BackFistMonk[/COLO"]No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: [email protected]@[email protected]@View Profile: BackFistMonkey</title>@@[email protected]@BackFistMonkey there because he put the last ky throwdown together. It only seems right that he be he for this one.

once again
    SEPTEMBER
    Weekend 4
    The 25th 26th or 27st?????

Lets make it happen guys :icon_thum

Damn, that would be fun. Us us government types are putting FY09 to bed and welcoming in FY10 all that month and right up to Midnight on 30 SEP. There will be another one, right?

Comment

man i wish i still lived in ky
      hopefully after AIt if i get a stateside duty station there will be one near me

Comment

I would like to make this a fairly regular thing, so there should be plenty more. You guys can feel free to suggest some good future dates for TDs as well.

I would also say that there would be more people exposed on a friday or saturday over sunday. Sunday is the only day of the week the gym is closed normaly and there will be less people around on Sundays to see what its like. Though I think most of the regulars will have no problem making the Sunday trip.

Comment

Great! You guys are a little ways away from Louisville, but I would be interested in making future gatherings.

Comment

No cougar = sadness :cry:

Comment

I'll get my tired old body down there eventually. It will be nice to have a gathering and share the different techniques without any of the drama.

Comment

Ok here is where I stand on things ... I might be moving to Ohio very soon and will be in Dayton for the next two weeks on business .

Do we have a date and time proposed yet ?
                I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                BILL HICKS,
                1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Were looking at Sept 25, 26 or 27? The guys throwing it are good with all or the following days. Were trying to bend a bit around you guys, so we can get more people out for the throwdown. Were not opposed to even moving it up a weekend if need be. What works for you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by blisterstarr View Post
                    Were looking at Sept 25, 26 or 27? The guys throwing it are good with all or the following days. Were trying to bend a bit around you guys, so we can get more people out for the throwdown. Were not opposed to even moving it up a weekend if need be. What works for you guys?
                    Yeah I see it now ... up at the top
                    Originally posted by blisstarr
                    once again
                    SEPTEMBER
                    Weekend 4
                    The 25th 26th or 27st?????

I will see what I can do .
                    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

When I swa the thread title, my first instinct was KY (as in jelly)...

Comment

If it's the 26th, no can do. Local MMA Ice Fights are happenin that night and an old friend of mine is fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by sempaiman View Post
                          When I swa the thread title, my first instinct was KY (as in jelly)...
                          LOL If we can get enough people i might pitch in and get a bunch for a after party!

...j/k
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NuclearFist View Post
                            If it's the 26th, no can do. Local MMA Ice Fights are happenin that night and an old friend of mine is fighting.
                            Would you want to or be able to come if it was the 25th 27th or the weekend after? Nothing is set in stone yet.

Probably gonna talk with che_70 and set a for sure date next week

Comment

It could also be possible to do a shoot out as well if that would entice some more folks to come in. I have 25 yard range at my house and can go out farther at the other farm if any one else like to punch holes from farther away. Both of these location are only about 10 minutes from the gym.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X