Bullshido F'd up the Internet - Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullshido F'd up the Internet - Thanks!

I have lurked and posted a few times in a few forums here just for kicks, to see what kind of feedback I got, and generally get a feel for the site.

Initially I was turned off by the volume of snarky self-referential remarks in many threads. I was brilliantly shat on for a minor mistake (drink bleach, Necro). I looked in different forums and followed a few of the more regular (and seemingly well thought of) posters' writings and thought "hey, maybe there's something I can gain from these guys." I stuck around.

But today I took some time to read old postings and some of the investigative work that I suppose is the keystone of Bullshido. I have to say I'm duly impressed with the methods and results. I'm learning to sort through some of the "witch hunt" posters, and to skim or skip the folks who don't add anything to the conversation. There is some really really top notch detective work, articles, editorials, and research in here for a person who is stubborn and thick-skinned enough to find it. There seems to be a real collective methodology and enough talented and willing people to put that methodology to use to do good works.

Which brings me to my title - For a long time I've been troubled by people making claims on the net that are so removed from reality as to be mythological. On many sites these posters are e-heroes - they are praised and honored and thanked for the horse-shit they made up. And when a detractor asks for evidence, well "Only jerks ask for proof. Besides, the only way to prove Dim Mak works is to KILL someone from across the room, duh!" I am thrilled that there's a place where evidence weighs more than CAPS LOCK.

So thanks for fucking up the internet. And please keep up the good work.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, if you stick around long enough to get through the initial shit storm that is inevitable, then you end up loving the place.

It really does make all the other sites seem like a bunch of juveniles in a big circle jerk!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Good to hear you get it. You've been pretty good with your posts too; helpful yet not bowing to the consensus just 'cause.

Now go produce some content and post it!
      What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post
        I'm learning to sort through some of the "witch hunt" posters, and to skim or skip the folks who don't add anything to the conversation.
        This is a necessary skill to get your orange belt here at bullshido, and I think you've earned it. Congratulations.
        "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Comment

Somebody has to do this.

Shut up.

Fag.

Drink bleach.

Die.

Commit suicide.

Eat a dick.

Go fuck yourself.

Stop posting.

Must not fap....

I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody.

Ah, fuck it, how about a hug?

If you come from a really big dysfunctional family than this place is going to feel just like home. Especially if you've got a bunch of retarded cousins with Asperger's syndrome
          Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
          and remember what peace there may be in silence.
          As far as possible, without surrender,
          be on good terms with all persons.
          Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
          and listen to others,
          even to the dull and ignorant;
          they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
            Somebody has to do this.

Shut up.

Fag.

Drink bleach.

Die.

Commit suicide.

Eat a dick.

Go fuck yourself.

Stop posting.

Must not fap....

I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody.

Ah, fuck it, how about a hug?

If you come from a really big dysfunctional family than this place is going to feel just like home. Especially if you've got a bunch of retarded cousins with Asperger's syndrome
            We're almost there. This is where I post an image macro in lieu of anything interesting or substantive to say

Comment

FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Yoj View Post

FTW
                Yoj wins. That fuck.

He should drink bleach. Or cat sperm.
                and listen to others,

Comment

I see your cat balls, and I raise you bigger & more obscene cat balls.

Comment

Does he have like 2 sets of Scruttocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoj View Post
                      Does he have like 2 sets of Scruttocks?
                      I'm still not sure it's a cat... But there's the tail, two legs, and the rest of the bits visible.

It's nasty. I'm almost embarrassed to have posted it. (almost).

Comment

Guess what this thread's about now?

and listen to others,

Comment

Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post

So thanks for fucking up the internet. And please keep up the good work.
                          I was going to post a semi-literate reply about finding diamonds in the shit here. I lost my train of thought after the third cat scrotum photo....

Comment

This post is now about LOLcat genitals.

Fuck da op

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                            http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                            3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
                            I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                            That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                            Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                            I agree with moosey

Comment

Originally posted by diesel_tke View Post
                              Yeah, if you stick around long enough to get through the initial shit storm that is inevitable, then you end up loving the place.

It really does make all the other sites seem like a bunch of juveniles in a big circle jerk!
                              Brilliantly put. I have found the same myself. We have our share of idiots here... but this is the only MA site I have come across that actually has a serious basis as well as deliberate comedy. All of the others I have encountered do not tolerate serious debate if it conflicts with their pre existing views (MAP being one of the worst) and few allow humour.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X