Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner looking for a school in St. Louis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Beginner looking for a school in St. Louis

    Hey I'm 16 and looking to get in shape and gain some skill in fighting, any ideas?

    #2
    Which part of St. Louis? County? City?

    I would suggest the Kirkwood judo club:
    http://kirkwoodjudo.com/

    If you are into BJJ/MMA, you can try Rodrigo Vaghi's gym in fenton:

    http://www.submissionjiujitsu.com

    Or if you are in the city, try out one of Vaghi's brown belt schools:

    http://www.guidrytraining.com/

    You can also try out this place, but I haven't heard much about it:

    http://finneyskickboxing.com/
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

    -Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

    A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

    The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

    Originally posted by Nicko1
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ZenOfAnger View Post
      Which part of St. Louis? County? City?

      I would suggest the Kirkwood judo club:
      http://kirkwoodjudo.com/

      If you are into BJJ/MMA, you can try Rodrigo Vaghi's gym in fenton:

      http://www.submissionjiujitsu.com

      Or if you are in the city, try out one of Vaghi's brown belt schools:

      http://www.guidrytraining.com/

      You can also try out this place, but I haven't heard much about it:

      http://finneyskickboxing.com/

      county preferably, Im in Maryland Heights
      and is it too late for me to start taking mma classes? Like, am I too old

      Comment


        #4
        your in maryland heights? i used to live there. isn't there a boxing gym on doroset next to the shnucks that's across the street from gold's gym?

        check that place out.

        i searched maryland heights and all thats around is TKD. i would say take the trip to kirkwood and train at the judo place with zen.

        and you said your 16 and wondering about age for MMA? dude, you have plenty of time. start training now and when your 19 or 20 you will be a beast in the cage.

        the last (and least) option is to find a bunch of guys and do a gracie garage. you can even get a blew belt that way!

        Comment


          #5
          oh, and one other option. lifetime fitness in chesterfield at the clarkson and clayton intersection (place i work out) has a BJJ program. twice a week, 80 bucks a month. the downside is you have to have a gym membership first so it becomes quite expensive very quickly.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by white_kimbo View Post
            your in maryland heights? i used to live there. isn't there a boxing gym on doroset next to the shnucks that's across the street from gold's gym?

            check that place out.

            i searched maryland heights and all thats around is TKD. i would say take the trip to kirkwood and train at the judo place with zen.

            Yeah, the thing is I can't make regular trips to Kirkwood myself as I do not have car yet, and am still reliant on my parents. WK, do you know if there is a bus route I could take to get from Kirkwood and back to South Side St. Louis?

            If that's not a possibility, I might take up training at guidry's school, as I am sure there are bus routes I can take to get there and back.

            Regardless, I hope you find a place that works for you.

            ZoA.
            Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

            -Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

            A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
            Bill Cosby

            The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
            Greek proverb

            Originally posted by Nicko1
            Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

            Comment


              #7
              i dont know shit about the bus routs. i never used them.

              you have your drivers license yet?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by white_kimbo View Post
                i dont know shit about the bus routs. i never used them.

                you have your drivers license yet?
                I have a permit and spend any free time when my parents are available to drive. Most likely at the end of August, I will get my license.


                Can I haz caar, then, plz? I can haz maek downpaeement of 50 dollaars?
                Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

                -Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

                A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
                Bill Cosby

                The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
                Greek proverb

                Originally posted by Nicko1
                Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Grappling Concepts ( http://www.grapplingconcepts.com/ ) is basically at the end of the Page Extention.

                  Dunno if that'll help you.

                  Comment

                  Collapse

                  Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                  Working...
                  X