• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Solvalou
    replied
    Originally posted by Lebell View Post
    ein, zwei, drei..... nazipolizei!!!

if fox keeps it up he's in for a nazicop tag or a pig tag.
    a little bird told me so.
    Oh my god yes! I hereby request a Gestapo tag for Fox 'you all must listen to me I'm a cop BTW where's my Shotokan BB tag' Guitar.

Leave a comment:

• Lebell
    replied
    ein, zwei, drei..... nazipolizei!!!

if fox keeps it up he's in for a nazicop tag or a pig tag.
    a little bird told me so.

Leave a comment:

• Lindz
    replied
    Originally posted by foxguitar View Post
    Its funny how some of you guys just love to argue and debate everything , Is it possible you and Im not talking to everybody , just a few of you , dont know everything ,

I could understand if you had first hand knowledge of a particular subject , But like my man James Hetfield said YOU KNOW NOT .

Alot of you will chime in just to chime in with no intelligent input . You fucks would debate Einstein on his theory of relativity . It be one thing if you had the prequisite education in physics and Math but half you nitwits have IQs 10 point lower than Hamsters will argue just simply just simply just to argue a point.

?
    Its scary to think we were once a great country , we have become second rate and now Im starting to see why . YIKES
    What the FUCK do you mean "we" gringo? This is the internet remember a worldwide network.

Leave a comment:

• Lebell
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtripp View Post
    Firearms, Pocket Knives, ASR's, Impact tools, and THEN we talk about unarmed combat.
    Stop it, you're scaring me!

;-)

Originally posted by MTripp
    That is what "real world" is about. This bull crap about deadly unarmed systems that are so much better than combat sport is older than I am....

...nuff said.
    yeah, it's amazing how people keep coming up with this bullshit:' Hey...these mma guys fight full contact and on real speed,BUT they use rules, so they would be clueless when confronted with an eyegouge, they can only deal with fists being swung at them, not with fingers! my X style trains for real world situations, eventhough we barely touch eachother this surely must be more realistic!'

a friend of mine always says on the eyegauge subject: 'what are you doing next now you've really pissed the guy off?'

Leave a comment:

• Mtripp
    replied
    Firearms, Pocket Knives, ASR's, Impact tools, and THEN we talk about unarmed combat.

That is what "real world" is about. This bull crap about deadly unarmed systems that are so much better than combat sport is older than I am....

...nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• Lebell
    replied
    all firearms aside...im always surprised the most obvious techniques are never discussed when it comes to unarmed hand to hand.
    people are talking about punches, knees eyegouches whatever.
    i happen to have noticed a couple of things: being the first one to act REALLY helps,grabbing someones face and slamming it up a wall or something hard does the trick, if not you're likely to fall where you can grab his head and proceed to slam it IN the ground.

not very technical and no idea what style it's from, but they seem to work sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Mtripp
    replied
    First the obvious... I don't think the pcp guy goes to the same school I do, so likely he won't know to tap.

Second, learning post event... We need to pay attention to all sorts of things, but do so with a very critical eye. The FBI shoot out in Miami is a very good example. The major lesson taken from that event was about the bullets themselves. It caused changes in what we wanted out of a defensive round, and a shift from the 9mm to the new .40 and old .45. However, the simple answer was "train to hit what you aim at, and aim for a kill shot" Problem is, that training is expensive and time consuming, so it tends to get neglected.

Finally, ill thought out conclusions... If we have such problems finding a handgun round which will give us 100% one shot stops; why does anyone in their right mind think an unarmed blow will be any easier? We created firearms for a very simple reason; it makes no difference who pulls the trigger on my Sig P-220... That 230 grain Hydra-shock is going to leave the barrel at 875fps and it will hit the way it hits no matter the size of the person who pulled the trigger. We can not say the same thing about a punch or a kick.

We do not need to create a pcp strawman to debate the issue; we have a monster with the UFC Championship belt around his waist right now. Do you believe, unarmed, ANYONE at say 150 is going to survive toe to toe with him? Anything is possible I guess, but I know who I'd bet on.

If the context of your training is to face the real world Urban Goblin, then your training school likely will not have a cage in it because those fist suits (the redman suit is BS) cost money, and the school should have a couple. Likely it will not be in a strip mall next to a Burger King either; I suspect a light industrial center a better place to look. Likely no one will be wearing Uniforms, there will be BOB dummies all over the place; and "Unarmed Combat" would make up a VERY small part of the training program.

Oh, FOR SURE, there will be lots of hard core drills and randori, to drill and burn in the techniques critical to fighting for ones life.

Leave a comment:

• CombatCuddler
    replied
    Last but not least, you will fight the way you train. If you train with rules, that is the way you will fight. If you train to let a guy go when he taps, you will do that in a fight.
    This right here is the biggest pile of shit I have ever heard.

Unfortunately, if you had any knowledge at ALL about how mental conditioning of that type actually works, you'd realise that that is not the way it happens.

For example; the difference in rules between, for example, a Judo or submission grappling match and an MMA match is greater than the disparity in rules (NOTE: NOT STRATEGY) between MMA and a no-rules confrontation. And yet, you do not see MMA fighters like Matt Hughes and Tito Ortiz automatically ground pounding their opponents in sub grappling matches.

Conversely, you also don't see guys who are excellent competition grapplers and MMA fighters automatically disregard strikes in every MMA fight.

As long as the rules allow for full contact, and preferably all ranges of combat, your argument does not apply. Classical conditioning doesn't affect decision making in such a direct way, even under high pressure.

And besides, if you've got full-contact experience, mental conditioning actually works in your favour because the stress does not affect your fighting ability as much.

Incidentally, I can also dig up a video or two where a guy taps on the street to someone with sports training, thinking it'll work like you say it will (lol), and gets the crap beaten out of him anyway.

Edit: besides which, there are several examples of SPORTSFIGHTING videos where someone scores a submission and doesn't let go for the tap. People do it all the time in competition, waiting for the ref to verify the tap before letting go.

Leave a comment:

• Hesperus
    replied
    I am terrified that foxguitar is an actual police officer of some sort. Jesus Mary and JOSEPH I want to avoid Long Island now...

"QUOTE THEY GOT CARELESS SO I WASTED THEM UNQUOTE"
    That is surreal.

Its funny[...]YIKES
    In response to a reasonable request for evidence? They let this man have a gun?

Leave a comment:

• Foolish
    replied
    Originally posted by 2Many View Post
    It looks like Foxguitar is right about the Newell incident. According to some sources, one of the officers (probably Officer Pence) was found to have retained his spent casings, rather than let them fall to the ground.

http://www.cji.edu/papers/HankinsChris.pdf
    http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/ccw/training.htm
    That looks like it has all the info. It would have been easier to see this up front rather than get the I told you so and it's not public info line.

Leave a comment:

• 2Many
    replied
    It looks like Foxguitar is right about the Newell incident. According to some sources, one of the officers (probably Officer Pence) was found to have retained his spent casings, rather than let them fall to the ground.

http://www.cji.edu/papers/HankinsChris.pdf
    http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/ccw/training.htm

Leave a comment:

• Foolish
    replied
    I didnt make up the story , whether you chose to believe it or not thats up to you

Once again, no one is saying you made up the story. But the details don't seem like they can be verified other than someone once told you.

It is a very common practice for instructors of any kind to overstate the negative implications of something. They do this to make a student think more about what they are doing and be more aware of the consequences.

It is also possible that a group of instructors sat down over a beer and decided to see who could come up with the biggest line of BS that the gullible noobs would believe.

Its funny how some of you guys just love to argue and debate everything , Is it possible you and Im not talking to everybody , just a few of you , dont know everything ,

I could understand if you had first hand knowledge of a particular subject , But like my man James Hetfield said YOU KNOW NOT .

Alot of you will chime in just to chime in with no intelligent input . You fucks would debate Einstein on his theory of relativity . It be one thing if you had the prequisite education in physics and Math but half you nitwits have IQs 10 point lower than Hamsters will argue just simply just simply just to argue a point.

Its scary to think we were once a great country , we have become second rate and now Im starting to see why . YIKES
    If you are going to quote unrealistic facts as gospel truth expect to be asked to back it up. 'Someone once told me', and 'it isn't public knowledge' don't cut it as excuses for not being able to show some corroborating evidence.

It is exactly this reasoning that leads to a lot of the bullshido this site deals with. How is your argument any different that this? Master Foo says that chain-punching works. He told me that it does and he's been in hundreds of underground death matches and he's still here so it must work. He says there's no point to pressure testing it because it's too deadly. You're not the chun master so who the fuck are you to ask questions.

The problem with this country isn't the people that choose to question something. The problem is the people that blindly accept the most obvious bullshit without even thinking to question it. The second biggest problem is the dumb fucks that expect people to blindly accept whatever they are told.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied

the tactical errors are not made public
    for non LEO's so the bad guy out there cant counter actout Police Training .
    Originally posted by foxguitar
    Unfortunately it is fact , its easily looked up .
    It is only going to go down hill.

^^^YEP.

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by BoonDog View Post
    I looked it up and could find NO reference to finding expelled cartridges in their hands. What I did read is that the first officer was shot by the passenger without even being able to fire. The second officer fired at the passenger and was shot by the driver. The 3rd and 4th officers drove saw neither the dead cops or the gunmen. They immediately came under fire. One passerby grabbed the shot gun and tried to fire it, but it was empty. He then grabbed an officer's handgun and fired hitting one of the gunmen. The gunmen then fled.

The officers were relatively new to the job. The gunmen were military veterans.

Changes were made in the way traffic stops were performed with an emphasis on safety.

Now cite where the cops were found holding their brass.

First off I went through 2 police academys , Ok do you think they for the non LEO they are going to tell you the tactical mistakes these poor dead officers made . The killer that survived stated when asked why he killed the officers

"QUOTE THEY GOT CARELESS SO I WASTED THEM UNQUOTE".

the tactical errors are not made public for non LEO's so the bad guy out there cant counter actout Police Training .

I didnt make up the story , whether you chose to believe it or not thats up to you

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X