Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Various strawmen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Various strawmen

    I've been in a lot of fights growing up. I've trained in various systems off and on over the years, and I have to tell you I have one question on here for everybody that brings up the druggies.

    What does your system do when you face a "Super-Human" that's jacked up on pcp and you don't have a taser?

    Why is there such a problem with hitting targets and getting reactions out of it? I keep seeing "You can't rely on the fact that your going to get a specific reaction out of somebody." WHy not? Kenpo does. It's been around for a long time. I don't see anybody bringing it up on this thread as bullshit, why not?

    Why is it such a bad thing to train to destroy vital targets to the body? Isn't that what it's about? If it's not why train? If you can't rely on any system out there to teach what you need to know to survive, why train at all? Just stay home and live in a bubble. Right?

    No system is full proof. There are always what if's, and the reality is the what if's don't matter. Somebody will say that they do but they don't. THe very instant you get an injury, you destroy something life alteringly so, everything changes. The what if's the he can take a shot to the nades etc.... it all changes. The simple reality is, injury is different than pain. You can shrug off pain. You destroy something in the human body and it's real hard to keep going on a broken ankle, or knee.

    Last but not least, you will fight the way you train. If you train with rules, that is the way you will fight. If you train to let a guy go when he taps, you will do that in a fight. If you train a gun disarm, and give it back to your partner to practice with again. In real life, when you take the gun away you'll give it back. Just happened to a cop not that long ago. So training with rules saying, "Well, I can kick to the groin if I have to, I just don't because we have rules. I could shove my finger in your eyeball socket, but I don't because were sparring." If you never train to fight that way, in real life you won't. Yeah, they are available to everyone, but if you don't train to use them, you simply won't. Because the reality is, you've trained to fight without them, and so they aren't available to you. Muscle memory means a lot in a fight. Because you simply don't have time to think. Everything has to be automatic. If you've trained with rules, that's what automatic, not the stuff that's going to end the fight quickly. Period, end of discussion.

    #2
    This thread needs to be revived! I joined bullshido from my research of TFT. I just watched the 1st 2 hours of the TFT strike program, the 2 instructors repeat over and over again the core principles of TFT. I am just as skeptical as the next guy in here. What I get is this,

    The maximum kinetic energy you can impose on a target is your body weight i.e. MASS X VELOCITY, which is going to be lesser than "musculatur". I am thinking about those guys who breaks bricks with fists and forehead. This concept of MASS>MUSCLE obviously do not apply to these brickbreakers martial artist.

    In defence however, their philosophy is such that in a teeth and nail fight to the death, when it has come down to that, you commit 100% to your attack. If your 100% is not enough, you die. But it is your best chance of survival. Defending yourself is not important because the person who can inflict an injury 1st is the one who survive. Even if you sustain a gorged eye, broken rib, etc, it does not matter if you incapacitate the attacker before he kills you. Of course nobody has 100% accuracy, if the attacker is faster and stronger and more skilled than you, no system and training will help you.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Burningman View Post
      In defence however, their philosophy is such that in a teeth and nail fight to the death, when it has come down to that, you commit 100% to your attack. If your 100% is not enough, you die. But it is your best chance of survival. Defending yourself is not important because the person who can inflict an injury 1st is the one who survive. Even if you sustain a gorged eye, broken rib, etc, it does not matter if you incapacitate the attacker before he kills you. Of course nobody has 100% accuracy, if the attacker is faster and stronger and more skilled than you, no system and training will help you.
      1st to injure wins? tell that to those two boys i've seen fighting two years ago. one was shot to the chest while he was swinging his club. crushed his opponent's windpipe. 1 DOTS, 1 DOA.

      please don't talk absolutes on the nature of combat. if that is your mindset and you try to instill it on others, a time will come where you'll be DEAD wrong.:dead:

      Comment


        #4
        What is DOTS? In your case, both attackers struck at the same time.

        Comment


          #5
          DOTS: shorthand here for dead on the spot.

          no, man with gun shot first, hit squarely on chest. about 5 meters between them. other guy swings, aiming for the head, gets another bullet on gut while hits man with gun twice on the other arm and side of throat. man with gsw never reaches the 'ambulance'(what passes as one here) alive. other one hit on throat dies in ER.

          so don't think first hit to injure wins. it's the one to first neutralize the threat without sustaining damage wins.

          Comment


            #6
            Cull:
            Target Focus Training - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by GBlues View Post
              What does your system do when you face a "Super-Human" that's jacked up on pcp and you don't have a taser?
              I stop playing dungeons and dragons

              Originally posted by A gradually stupider GBlues View Post
              Just stay home and live in a bubble. Right?
              But how would you breathe?

              Originally posted by A reasonably retarded GBlues View Post
              No system is fool proof.
              Apparently neither is this forum

              Originally posted by An overweight karate instructor GBlues View Post
              You destroy something in the human body and it's real hard to keep going on a broken ankle, or knee.
              what if you don't break something they're standing on?

              Originally posted by A complete fucking cretin
              Last but not least, you will fight the way you train. If you train with rules, that is the way you will fight. If you train to let a guy go when he taps, you will do that in a fight. If you train a gun disarm, and give it back to your partner to practice with again. In real life, when you take the gun away you'll give it back. Just happened to a cop not that long ago.
              Really?.. perhaps I just read it wrong, after all it's getting hard to keep reading through the stench of shit coming from this post
              "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
              Spoiler:

              Comment


                #8
                Gee I thought you knew. The street is kryptonite to ring fighters. You know, cause Mike Tyson, has sued so many people for beating his ass outside of the ring.

                Comment


                  #9
                  yeah and so many police officers have been shot due to disarming, and then re-arming robbers.. occasionally while offering to pay for their dry cleaning
                  "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
                  Spoiler:

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Two statements here confuse me.

                    Originally posted by GBlues View Post
                    Why is there such a problem with hitting targets and getting reactions out of it? I keep seeing "You can't rely on the fact that your going to get a specific reaction out of somebody." WHy not? Kenpo does. It's been around for a long time. I don't see anybody bringing it up on this thread as bullshit, why not?
                    You are aware that "Kenpo" is just the japanese pronunciation of 拳法, (quanfa, lit. "fist method"), which is a catch all term for unarmed combat; much like you might have a 语法 (yufa, "speech-method", grammar) or a 做法 (zuofa, "doing method", or methodology of practice).
                    What I'm trying to say is, no, "Kenpo" hasn't been around for a long time because "Kenpo" isn't a specific martial art; it's just another word for martial arts. Attributing any attributes (such as hitting certain targets to elicit a certain reaction) to "Kenpo" as though it were a single tradition is a misuse of that word.

                    Originally posted by GBlues View Post
                    Last but not least, you will fight the way you train. If you train with rules, that is the way you will fight. If you train to let a guy go when he taps, you will do that in a fight.
                    Now, this is interesting; so when you train a strangulation technique, do you make your partner pass out each and every time? When you practice a armlock, do you break your oppponent's arm each and every time?
                    The fool thinks himself immortal,
                    If he hold back from battle;
                    But old age will grant him no truce,
                    Even if spears spare him.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      of course he does.. he trains to kill
                      "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
                      Spoiler:

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Matt Thornton, Aliveness, OP is a moron. /thread.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
                          Matt Thornton, Aliveness, OP is a moron. /thread.
                          If only this were true.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Does anyone even do PCPs these days, outside of the rantings of keyboard paranoids (and the police department press releases during brutality cases)?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by GBlues View Post
                              If you train a gun disarm, and give it back to your partner to practice with again. In real life, when you take the gun away you'll give it back.
                              You're a fucking retard. Please provide at least one documented case where a trained martial artist expertly disarms a gun-wielding attacker and gives the gun back, or admit you have no testicles and play with dolls.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X