Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come one, come all into a thread I have made. We shall play a game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come one, come all into a thread I have made. We shall play a game!

In this thread you will name a fight that occurred in the history of martial arts and had the outcome been reversed, it's affects on the history of Martial Arts.

I'll go first.

YouTube - Muaythai VS Kickboxing (in USA)

Had this fight ended with Changpeuk getting KO'd it would become a shit storm of MT vs. american karate nonsense every time it was brought up. I think that Muay Thai would've lost a good amount of it's steam had this ended up the other way around.

I guess mentioning any of the UFC 1 fights with royce gracie is stating the obvious.

Comment

Look for the amazing air throw at 2:16

The whole video was a brutal wearing-down.

Comment

that throw looked effortless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirc View Post
          Had this fight ended with Changpeuk getting KO'd it would become a shit storm of MT vs. american karate nonsense every time it was brought up. I think that Muay Thai would've lost a good amount of it's steam had this ended up the other way around.
          That fight couldn't have ended any other way, it's just a law of nature.

Comment

Kohsaka Vs. Fedor of course. Had Fedor not been cut, he would already be the current Emperor of the planet Earth. Right now he would be preparing to take flight into space to land on some foreign planet and take it over single handedly in the name of our great planet, which would later be renamed "Fedoria".

Comment

I love Fedor's fights. The way he keeps you guessing for a bit, you starting thinking "could this be the one...?" then BANG, thanks for coming.

Comment

Something-or-other to do with somebody called "JFS" and a parking lot.

Imagining a different outcome in that case is, of course, conjecturing the impossible...

EDIT: Oh yeah...and Ettish winning that early UFC appearance (I know, I know, he's a different kind of fighter now).

Speaking of early UFCs: any ninjas and/or RBSDers winning anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirc View Post
                  In this thread you will name a fight that occurred in the history of martial arts and had the outcome been reversed, it's affects on the history of Martial Arts.

I'll go first.

YouTube - Muaythai VS Kickboxing (in USA)

YouTube - Kyokushin Karate vs Wing Chun

If the chun guy had doen what he was supposed to and beaten the karate guy wing chun wouldnt be such a laughing stock.

Ahh if only......

Comment

Red and White tournament.

The fundamental problem is that, as wingchun2x has made all too clear, all of these went the way they did because of drastic training differences. If it had been a close call, then it wouldn't have been such a groundbreaking world-changing event.

Comment

Kano's boys vs Jujitsu guys had Kano lost the BJJ and Judo empire would most likely not exist and we'd all be wrist grabbing aikidoka.

Comment

A classic
                        YouTube - Lyoto Machida vs. Kengo Watanabe

Had Machita lost and not received the Triple Inoki Punch of Luck he would have gotten beaten to a pulp in all of his matches thus preventing karate from making its come back.

Comment

Originally posted by wingchunx2z View Post

If the chun guy had doen what he was supposed to and beaten the karate guy wing chun wouldnt be such a laughing stock.

Ahh if only......
                          You have to give the chunner credit. He really messed up the karate guy's gi with those chain punches.

Comment

Helio Gracie vs Masahiko Kimura.

Buster Douglas vs Mike Tyson. Could it have been possible for Tyson to have continued his streak a little longer into the 90's if it wasn't for Douglas getting lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Dad View Post
                              Helio Gracie vs Masahiko Kimura.
                              What would've changed if Helio had won? Certainly not the headline.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X