reportback: Keystone State Games Judo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reportback: Keystone State Games Judo

Amazingly I have no long diatribe a bout how Judoka have all become ivory tower elitists or whatever. I just went, had four matches, won two, and due to the round robin nature of the tourney, won first in my division.

Matches-

1: I face a guy with machine gun seoinage. He hits them over and over again with a lot of speed. He gets waza ari with one that literally makes my whole arm go numb. Hurriedly falling back on my training like an alcaholic on St. Paddy's, I armbar him.

2: I fall back to try to armbar the same time my opponent goes for osoto gari. His is successful, mine isn't.

3: I find out that you can score with a shitty single leg if you kiai with verve and gusto. After a couple of those, I pass my opponent's guard and he goes oddly limp. Win by osae komi.

4: I'm sitting too low on my ass in my stance and get immediately dumped on it with ouchi.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

My coach says that if you're going to lose, lose by ippon--at least you went for it.

Nice writeup. Did no one else in the division win 2? My bracket-math is failing to figure out how many participants were in your division.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgehogey View Post
      Amazingly I have no long diatribe a bout how Judoka have all become ivory tower elitists or whatever. I just went, had four matches, won two, and due to the round robin nature of the tourney, won first in my division.

Matches-

1: I face a guy with machine gun seoinage. He hits them over and over again with a lot of speed. He gets waza ari with one that literally makes my whole arm go numb. Hurriedly falling back on my training like an alcaholic on St. Paddy's, I armbar him.

2: I fall back to try to armbar the same time my opponent goes for osoto gari. His is successful, mine isn't.

3: I find out that you can score with a shitty single leg if you kiai with verve and gusto. After a couple of those, I pass my opponent's guard and he goes oddly limp. Win by osae komi.

4: I'm sitting too low on my ass in my stance and get immediately dumped on it with ouchi.

Good Job Hedge.
      I considered going but unfortunately life got in the way. If you can manage it, you should fight in the The Shufu Eastern Open on the 5th of Sept.

Comment

Nice work, but no vids? :(

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X