No announcement yet.

BJJ Bloo Beltz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at the All-Japan Ama-Shooto Taikai a couple of weekends ago and a BJJ blackbelt from Sapporo dominated his weight class. There certainly is some great BJJ / Shooting gyms there. Good luck finding a place that fits.

Sapporo is great though. Get ready for a coldass winter.

Comment

Try some Kyokushin karate while you are over there.
      "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
      1) That it doesn't work
      2) That it does work"
      -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Originally posted by War Wheel View Post
        Same here. We need a Hentai forum!

Fun fact: The tentacle thing stems from the (U.S. written) obscenity laws in Japan. The way the laws are written, a non-human entity, inserting a non-genital body part into a human being, is not technically "sex".
        HELL KNIGHT INGRID

By far one of the finest tentacle hentai I have seen.

Cover photo, censored, minus the title text (STILL NOT SAFE FOR WORK):

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by EternalRage View Post
          HELL KNIGHT INGRID

By far one of the finest tentacle hentai I have seen.

Cover photo, censored, minus the title text (STILL NOT SAFE FOR WORK):

Spoiler:

Tentacles is the way to go, mayne. But surprisingly, my favorites are always the regular shit that goes easy on the tentacles. Favorites among the tentacled ones are Jibiru, the Devil Angel and Beat Angel Escalayer. Fuckin' A, Jibiru is awesome.

Oh yeah, and those obscenity laws in Japan are some old bullshit. Thank got for the raw uncensoredness of the fucking internets.
          Originally posted by Goju - joe
          being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Congrats!!!!! I should be getting mine in November, after > 3 years.

Comment

Congrats,

On stripes, I think that they are Good for
              1. white belts
              and
              2. Blue Belts

Purple belts maybe, but I really can't think of why a brown belt would have them, they can feel their progress so well they don't need a guy with a few more years of training telling them they're getting better they know.

Comment

After reading this thread I realize why I tool most blue belts my size and make most purples work for it. I've been doing jits for 3 years next month and after 9 months or so of Gi I'm supposed to be getting my blue sometime this month.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
                  After reading this thread I realize why I tool most blue belts my size and make most purples work for it. I've been doing jits for 3 years next month and after 9 months or so of Gi I'm supposed to be getting my blue sometime this month.
                  And so humble too, calm down there killer. .:laughing1

Comment

Originally posted by Sley View Post
                    Purple belts maybe, but I really can't think of why a brown belt would have them, they can feel their progress so well they don't need a guy with a few more years of training telling them they're getting better they know.

Actually no. IMO, the reason the higher belts don't need them is because you're not going to get to that point caring about athletic or electrical tape on a belt. Since everyone gauges themselves against the people they've always gauged themselves against. The upper purples evaluate themselves against the purples and browns; the browns, I assume, against the other browns and blacks.

As a result, I'm convinced I've gotten considerably worse over the last year. This is the only possible explanation for my getting tapped three time to one by one of our browns.

Comment

Originally posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
                      And so humble too, calm down there killer. .:laughing1
                      No, I'm saying I apparently have 2-3 times as much experience as most of the blue belts I'm running into. I just hadn't thought about it previously.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa View Post
                        This is the only possible explanation for my getting tapped three time to one by one of our browns.
                        Does this happen consistently, or did you have a bad day?

I realize this is probably a stupid question to ask a scientist who probably has a much deeper understanding of statistics than I do, but I'm going to ask anyway.
                        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Could it also be that those browns have hit their "hump" and have gone up that final hill to black? Unless people can actually get worse while training properly.

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa View Post
                            Actually no. IMO, the reason the higher belts don't need them is because you're not going to get to that point caring about athletic or electrical tape on a belt. Since everyone gauges themselves against the people they've always gauged themselves against. The upper purples evaluate themselves against the purples and browns; the browns, I assume, against the other browns and blacks.

As a result, I'm convinced I've gotten considerably worse over the last year. This is the only possible explanation for my getting tapped three time to one by one of our browns.
                            Its also nice for white belts since an 1 month white belts is worlds apart form a 2 year white belt.

Similar ish with blue belts, a new blue belt is different then a Blue belt who is just about to get his purple belt.

But its much easier to guage one's self when you have been training BJJ for a fair amount of time

Comment

Guys I was being a bit sarcastic, obviously your training partners are getting better too. At the same time I think we all know that it is our training partners or competitive opponents that are worth evaluating against, not scrubs.

jnp, he's just a bit better than me at this point, no biggie.

Comment

I actually get worse the more I train. Seriously. The biggest gains to my game have come from not training for a month.
                                "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X