Nick Thompson'a old beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick Thompson'a old beef

Last year Nick "The Goat" Thompson challenged Sifu Ben Hill aka Maoshan to a fight. Since then it seems that Hill had been stirring up more beef with a fighter from an art called 52 Blocks. Hill challenged Burley to a real fight because Burley accused him of being a fraud. Burley accepted Hill's challenge and they fought yesterday July 18th, one year after the beef with Nick Thompson. Below are links the links to the video clips of Hill's challenge to Burley, and the actual fight unedited:

YouTube - Lyte Responce

YouTube - Lyte Burly vs. Maoshan

Looks like Nick Thompson should have accepted Hill's challenge.

Nick Thompon'a old beef

Last year Nick "The Goat" Thompson challenged Sifu Ben Hill aka Maoshan to a fight. Since then it seems that Sifu Ben Hill had been stirring up more beef with a fighter from an art called 52 Blocks. Hill challenged Burley to a real fight because Burley accused him of being a fraud. Burley accepted Hill's challenge and they fought yesterday July 18th, one year after the beef with Nick Thompson. Below are links the links to the video clips of Hill's challenge to Burley, and the actual fight unedited:

YouTube - Lyte Responce

YouTube - Lyte Burly vs. Maoshan

Comment

I was looking forward to seeing if he could use the various 'shapes' & footwork under pressure, but apparently 52 Blocks is now a grappling style.

Did the guy tap out at some angle we couldn't see? It looked like he finally fought his way up to his feet, then they randomly stopped fighting.
      Last edited by maofas; 7/19/2009 4:00am, .

Comment

Who does Bagua and who does 52?

Comment

I don't think he tapped the 52 blocks guy just stopped.
          Originally posted by maofas View Post
          I was looking forward to seeing if he could use the various 'shapes' & footwork under pressure, but apparently 52 Blocks is now a grappling style.

Did the guy tap out at some angle we couldn't see? It looked like he finally fought his way up to his feet, then they randomly stopped fighting.

Comment

guy with the wife beater on does 52 blocks
            Originally posted by Cuchulain View Post
            Who does Bagua and who does 52?

Comment

WTF was that!?!
              Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

1. Guy in black t-shirt (Maoshan?) was completely lost when they clinched and on the ground.

2. What was the Bagua part of the story?

3. His post-fight vid is hilarious. "The dude never hit me!" Apparently he didn't lose because the other guy didn't hit him...
                Last edited by capt. moroni; 7/19/2009 8:12am, .

Comment

YouTube - Sifu Ben repsonse

Comment

YouTube - Sifu Ben repsonse

Comment

Afterwards, Maoshan has that dejected look. His Bagua failed him in the clinch and on the ground.

Rather than accept that, he says it's "too easy" (5:30) and says he gassed, but doesn't consider that maybe he gassed because he's not used to grappling.

And LOL @ 'I didn't lose. He didn't hit me!'

Sifu, he didn't have to.

Comment

Shit...now I wanna fight somebody in a park too.
                        "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Originally posted by Squerlli
                        And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

That's 52 in action!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHHAHA! C'MON!! a win is a win I guess, the wrestling was craptastic!
                          8 years till retirement.

Comment

So was the "commentary." Armbar! Triangle!

Comment

Threads merged, we only need one.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X