Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeze
    replied
    Yea man, if you're sick, get as much rest as possible. The sooner you get well, the sooner you can continue training.

Same thing with an injury. I'm a runner, and I've seen a lot of people keep going out and running on an injured ankle/knee, and instead of waiting for it to heal completely they train for a race that is coming up soon and end up hurting themselves even more. Resting when you need to rest and missing a week or two of training and maybe a competition is a lot better than pushing through those weeks.

I've seen too many people try to push through and end up hurting themselves even worse causing them to have to give up the sport that they love because they didn't want to take the time to recover.

And as far as illnesses go, most types of training weaken or 'damage' your body, and then the body builds itself back up to be able to better handle the strain that you put on it. Damaging your body while you are sick is simply an invitation for that illness to get worse and last longer. You want your body in the best possible condition to fight whatever illness you have.

(To sum this all up: Rest when you are sick. Train when you are well) :)

Leave a comment:

• Lucky50
    replied
    When I was sick I did some light training at home hitting the heavy bag.. I've always heard that it was good because it increase white blood cells or something like that. Anyway, I always feel better..

Leave a comment:

• HailtotheKing
    replied
    Well, I say if you're running a fever, having diarrhea, puking or feeling like crap then don't train. Most of the time people have viral illnesses and you can be contagious for a week before you're symptomatic. Then when you feel like shit you're not contagious anymore. So, I figure, whatever you've got, I'll get from somebody at work or from one of my kids anyway. If you feel like you can train, then train. If its a skin infection like staph or ringworm then wait until that's gone, of course.
    Last edited by HailtotheKing; 7/18/2009 9:36pm, .

Leave a comment:

• cuatro76
    replied
    people who train while sick, have staph, have ringworm, or god forbid a herpes gladiatorum outbreak, should be sent home immediately. Don't be that person and don't let those people on the mat. Nothing good can come of it.

Leave a comment:

• D.J. THE B.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoj View Post
    Training while sick just lowers your immune system so the sickness lasts longer, also, there's no need to go and infect everyone at training. It's like at work, if you're sick, don't be tough and come in, stay at home, and don't infect me and everyone else.
    Ok I was thinking the same thing just wasn't sure. Thanks for the help though

Leave a comment:

• Yoj
    replied
    Training while sick just lowers your immune system so the sickness lasts longer, also, there's no need to go and infect everyone at training. It's like at work, if you're sick, don't be tough and come in, stay at home, and don't infect me and everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• D.J. THE B.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoj View Post
    er no.
    ok, yes its a weird question but i am training these 2 guya and they say there both "sick" so i dont know if i should drag their ass's out or just let them be.

Leave a comment:

• Yoj
    replied
    er no.

Leave a comment:

• D.J. THE B.A.
    started a topic Quick Training Question

Quick Training Question

When you are feeling sick or have like a cold or somthing minor should you still train that day? And when i say sick i mean like have a cold n 100 or 99 fever.:ohyeah:(just 4 lolz)

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X