BJJ drills with a fat guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ drills with a fat guy!

Just started Bjj and did some drills/rolling with a fat dude and pulled my groin muscle doing so !!! is there a way not to get this kind of training partner with out beig labeled a pussy ?

if it's not a fat guy, it'll be a very strong guy, a very tall guy, a very short guy, a very fast guy. You have to learn to deal.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache View Post
      if it's not a fat guy, it'll be a very strong guy, a very tall guy, a very short guy, a very fast guy. You have to learn to deal.

This...

Comment

tell him to lose weight

Comment

You should try bridging on your neck.

Seriously though, if there's a huge weight difference you could rush to someone your size. Or you could be a man and take your big fat beating.
          Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

Comment

Fatties sucks I hear you, get them moving before you sweep them. Oh and man up.

Comment

they will lay on you in side control and you will leaern to defend yourself while underneath side control.

get under their hips, be like a ball bearing and you can get them on their back every once in a while. then they will flip you effortlessly because they weigh a whole lot more than you and they will lay on you again.

Comment

Originally posted by shoff View Post
                is there a way not to get this kind of training partner with out beig labeled a pussy ?
                No.

Like everyone else said...man up and get used to rolling w/ people bigger than you. Work your ass off to win the scramble and not end up on the bottom, and eventually tubby is going to run out of gas and you should be able to have a field day on him.

Comment

^^^ don't end up on bottom.
                  There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

I sparred with my first truely obese man last Saturday. (300lbs +)

It was not fun.

Comment

This, I imagine, would apply to fat opponents, but in this case it was my own problem... Today we were working on the 4-step punch block sequence. In position 1, you're supposed to have your legs locked around your opponent's waist, and the T-Rex arms I have as legs just weren't cuttin' it. I basically just had to squeeze to hold on and my thighs were killing me by the end of the night.
                      I'll have to get some of that leg-extension surgery.

Comment

As a noob, I was terribly embarassed by a 5'10 330lb-ish aikidoka who I swept from guard beautifully. He just grabbed me and continued rolling. I went over the barrel and was reversed. Fucking nailed the sweep too. Fat bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
                          I sparred with my first truely obese man last Saturday. (300lbs +)

It was not fun.
                          I'm almost 300lbs.

I'm far from obese.

That being said this thread is a fucking joke. I've rolled against little guys, big guys, small guys, tall guys, etc. etc. etc. and you know what? I deal with it. I win, I loose, I play and I learn.

Anyone who bitches about weight is a fool and should go do Wing Chun.
                          I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X